- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 869603, 13 pages
Travelling Waves of a Diffusive Epidemic Model with Latency and Relapse
Institute of Applied Mathematics, Shijiazhuang Mechanical Engineering College, Shijiazhuang 050003, China
Received 21 December 2012; Accepted 25 February 2013
Academic Editor: Zhen Jin
Copyright © 2013 Zhiping Wang and Rui Xu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. M. Anderson and W. Trewhella, “Population dynamics of the badger (Meles meles) and the epidemiology of bovine tuberculosis (Mycobacterium bovis),” Philosophical transactions of the Royal Society of London B, vol. 310, no. 1145, pp. 327–381, 1985.
- N. D. Barlow, “Non-linear transmission and simple models for bovine tuberculosis,” Journal of Animal Ecology, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 703–713, 2000.
- J. Chin, Control of Communicable Diseases Manual, American Public Health Association, Washington, DC, USA, 1999.
- S. W. Martin, Livestock Disease Eradication: Evaluation of the Cooperative State-Federal Bovine Tuberculosis Eradication Program, National Academy Press, Washington, DC, USA, 1994.
- K. E. VanLandingham, H. B. Marsteller, G. W. Ross, and F. G. Hayden, “Relapse of herpes simplex encephalitis after conventional acyclovir therapy,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 259, no. 7, pp. 1051–1053, 1988.
- P. van den Driessche, L. Wang, and X. Zou, “Modeling diseases with latency and relapse,” Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 205–219, 2007.
- S. Liu, S. Wang, and L. Wang, “Global dynamics of delay epidemic models with nonlinear incidence rate and relapse,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 119–127, 2011.
- J. D. Murray, Mathematical Biology, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2002.
- J. V. Noble, “Geographic and temporal development of plagues,” Nature, vol. 250, pp. 276–279, 1974.
- N. A. Maidana and H. M. Yang, “Spatial spreading of West Nile Virus described by traveling waves,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 258, no. 3, pp. 403–417, 2009.
- J. Huang and X. Zou, “Travelling wave solutions in delayed reaction diffusion systems with partial monotonicity,” Acta Mathematicae Applicatae Sinica. English Series, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 243–256, 2006.