- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 903765, 8 pages
Two Applications of Clustering Techniques to Twitter: Community Detection and Issue Extraction
1Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Kwangwoon University, 20 Kwangwoon-ro, Nowon-gu, Seoul 139-701, Republic of Korea
2Tmaxsoft, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do 463-824, Republic of Korea
3SK Telecom, Jung-gu, Seoul 100-999, Republic of Korea
4Future IT R&D Laboratory, LG Electronics Umyeon R&D Campus, 38 Baumoe-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul 137-724, Republic of Korea
Received 25 July 2013; Revised 25 October 2013; Accepted 31 October 2013
Academic Editor: Daniele Fournier-Prunaret
Copyright © 2013 Yong-Hyuk Kim et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. D. Lee and H. S. Seung, “Algorithms for non-negative matrix factorization,” in Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, vol. 13, pp. 556–562, MIT Press, 2001.
- A. L. Hughes and L. Palen, “Twitter adoption and use in mass convergence and emergency events,” International Journal of Emergency Management, vol. 6, no. 3-4, pp. 248–260, 2009.
- N. A. Diakopoulos and D. A. Shamma, “Characterizing debate performance via aggregated twitter sentiment,” in Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '10), pp. 1195–1198, April 2010.
- H. Kwak, C. Lee, H. Park, and S. Moon, “What is Twitter, a social network or a news media?” in Proceedings of the 19th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW '10), pp. 591–600, April 2010.
- A. Broder, R. Kumar, F. Maghoul et al., “Graph structure in the web,” Computer Networks, vol. 33, no. 1–6, pp. 309–320, 2000.
- R. Kumar, P. Raghavan, S. Rajagopalan, D. Sivakumar, A. Tomkins, and E. Upfal, “The web as a graph,” in Proceedings of the 19th ACM SIGMOD-SIGACT-SIGART Symposium on Principles of Database Systems, pp. 1–10, May 2000.
- R. Albert, H. Jeong, and A. Barabási, “Diameter of the world-wide web,” Nature, vol. 401, no. 6749, pp. 130–131, 1999.
- S. Chakrabarti, B. E. Dom, S. R. Kumar et al., “Mining the web's link structure,” IEEE Computer, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 60–67, 1999.
- K. Bharat, B. Chang, M. Henzinger, and M. Ruhl, “Who links to whom: mining linkage between web sites,” in Proceedings of the 1st IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM '01), pp. 51–58, December 2001.
- L. Page, S. Brin, R. Motwani, and T. Winograd, “The PageRank citation ranking: bringing order to the web,” in Proceedings of the 61st Annual Meeting of the American Society for Information Science (ASIS '98), pp. 161–172, October 1998.
- A. Java, X. Song, T. Finin, and B. Tseng, “Why we twitter: understanding microblogging usage and communities,” in Proceedings of the Joint 9th WebKDD and 1st SNA-KDD Workshop on Web Mining and Social Network Analysis, pp. 56–65, August 2007.
- B. A. Huberman, D. M. Romero, and F. Wu, “Social networks that matter: Twitter under the microscope,” CoRR abs/0812. 1045, 2008.
- M. D. Choudhury, Y. R. Lin, H. Sundaram, K. S. Candan, L. Xie, and A. Kelliher, “How does the data sampling strategy impact the discovery of information diffusion in social media?” in Proceedings of the 4th International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media, 2010.
- K. Lerman and R. Ghosh, “Information contagion: an empirical study of the spread of news on Digg and Twitter social networks,” in Proceedings of the 4th International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media, 2010.
- A. D. Sarma, A. D. Sarma, R. Panigraphy, and S. Gollapudi, “Ranking mechanisms in twitter-like forums,” in Proceedings of the 3rd ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining, pp. 21–30, February 2010.
- Account @samsungin in Twitter, http://twitter.com/samsungin.
- Account @lg_theblog in Twitter, http://twitter.com/lg_theblog.
- Account @olleh in Twitter, http://twitter.com/ollehkt.
- Web site of Yammer, https://www.yammer.com/.
- D. Zhao and M. B. Rosson, “How and why people Twitter: the role that micro-blogging plays in informal communication at work,” in Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Supporting Group Work, pp. 243–252, May 2009.
- V. D. Blondel, J. Guillaume, R. Lambiotte, and E. Lefebvre, “Fast unfolding of communities in large networks,” Journal of Statistical Mechanics, vol. 2008, no. 10, Article ID P10008, 2008.
- S. E. Schaeffer, “Graph clustering,” Computer Science Review, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 27–64, 2007.
- A. Clauset, M. E. J. Newman, and C. Moore, “Finding community structure in very large networks,” Physical Review E, vol. 70, no. 6, Article ID 066111, 6 pages, 2004.
- K. Wakita and T. Tsurumi, “Finding community structure in mega-scale social networks,” in Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on World Wide Web (WWW '07), pp. 1275–1276, May 2007.
- H. Kwak, Y. Choi, Y. Eom, H. Jeong, and S. Moon, “Mining communities in networks: a solution for consistency and its evaluation,” in Proceedings of the 9th ACM SIGCOMM Conference on Internet Measurement Conference, pp. 301–314, 2009.
- T. Aynaud and J. Guillaume, “Static community detection algorithms for evolving networks,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc and Wireless Networks (WiOpt '10), pp. 513–519, June 2010.
- W. Xu, X. Liu, and Y. Gong, “Document clustering based on non-negative matrix factorization,” in Proceedings of the 26th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Informaion Retrieval, pp. 267–273, 2003.
- P. Rakesh, G. Shivapratap, G. Divya, and K. P. Soman, “Evaluation of SVD and NMF methods for latent semantic analysis,” International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 308–310, 2009.
- P. O. Hoyer, “Non-negative matrix factorization with sparseness constraints,” Journal of Machine Learning Research, vol. 5, pp. 1457–1469, 2004.