- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 905329, 8 pages
Empirical Evidence on Time-Varying Hedging Effectiveness of Emissions Allowances under Departures from the Cost-of-Carry Theory
School of Finance, Zhejiang University of Finance & Economics, High Education Park in Xiasha District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310038, China
Received 6 June 2013; Accepted 5 November 2013
Academic Editor: Ivan Ivanov
Copyright © 2013 Kai Chang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Benz and S. Truck, “CO2 emission allowances trading in Europe—specifying a new class of assets,” Problems and Perspectives in Management, vol. 4, pp. 30–40, 2006.
- E. Benz and S. Truck, “Modeling the price dynamics of CO2 emission allowances,” Energy Economics, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 4–15, 2009.
- J. Seifert, M. Uhrig-Homburg, and M. Wagner, “Dynamic behavior of CO2 spot prices,” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 180–194, 2008.
- G. Daskalakis, D. Psychoyios, and R. N. Markellos, “Modeling CO2 emission allowance prices and derivatives: evidence from the European trading scheme,” Journal of Banking and Finance, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 1230–1241, 2009.
- C. Conrad, D. Rittler, and W. Rotfuß, “Modeling and explaining the dynamics of European Union Allowance prices at high-frequency,” Energy Economics, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 316–326, 2012.
- A. Montagnoli and F. P. de Vries, “Carbon trading thickness and market efficiency,” Energy Economics, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1331–1336, 2010.
- Y.-J. Zhang and Y.-M. Wei, “Interpreting the mean reversion of international carbon futures price: empirical evidence from the EU ETS,” System Engineering Theory and Practice, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 214–220, 2011.
- M. E. H. Arouri, F. Jawadi, and D. K. Nguyen, “Nonlinearities in carbon spot-futures price relationships during Phase II of the EU ETS,” Economic Modelling, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 884–892, 2012.
- K. Chang, S. Wang, and H. Chang, “Convenience yields and options value on futures spread for carbon emission,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 2nd International Conference on Computing, Control and Industrial Engineering (CCIE '11), pp. 182–185, August 2011.
- H. Working, “The theory of the price of storage,” American Economic Review, vol. 39, pp. 1254–1262, 1949.
- M. Brennan, “The supply of storage,” American Economic Review, vol. 48, pp. 50–72, 1958.
- W. Wilson, “Price discovery and hedging in the sunflower market,” The Journal of Futures Markets, vol. 9, pp. 377–391, 1989.
- D. Lien and Y. K. Tse, “Fractional cointegration and futures hedging,” Journal of Futures Markets, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 457–474, 1999.
- J. A. Lafuente and A. Novales, “Optimal hedging under departures from the cost-of-carry valuation: evidence from the Spanish stock index futures market,” Journal of Banking and Finance, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 1053–1078, 2003.
- L. L. Johnson, “The theory of hedging and speculation in commodity futures,” Review of Financial Studies, vol. 27, pp. 139–151, 1960.
- D. Lien, Y. K. Tse, and A. K. C. Tsui, “Evaluating the hedging performance of the constant-correlation GARCH model,” Applied Financial Economics, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 791–798, 2002.
- D. Lien and L. Yang, “Asymmetric effect of basis on dynamic futures hedging: empirical evidence from commodity markets,” Journal of Banking and Finance, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 187–198, 2008.
- H. F. Peng and Y. G. Ye, “The evaluation and comparison research of dynamic optimal hedging ratios based on modified ECM-GARCH,” Chinese Journal of Management Science, vol. 15, pp. 29–35, 2007.
- L. H. Ederington, “The hedging performance of the new futures markets,” Journal of Finance, vol. 34, pp. 157–170, 1960.
- A. Andani, J. A. Lafuente, and A. Novales, “Liquidity and hedging effectiveness under futures mispricing: International evidence,” Journal of Futures Markets, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 1050–1066, 2009.