- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 941238, 9 pages
Dynamic Congested Traffic States of Density Difference Lattice Hydrodynamic Model with On-Ramp
MOE Key Laboratory for Urban Transportation Complex Systems Theory and Technology, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing 100044, China
Received 1 June 2013; Revised 21 August 2013; Accepted 23 August 2013
Academic Editor: Tetsuji Tokihiro
Copyright © 2013 Jun-fang Tian et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Helbing, “Traffic and related self-driven many-particle systems,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 73, no. 4, pp. 1067–1141, 2001.
- T. Nagatani, “The physics of traffic jams,” Reports on Progress in Physics, vol. 65, no. 9, p. 1331, 2002.
- K. Nagel, P. Wagner, and R. Woesler, “Still flowing: approaches to traffic flow and traffic jam modeling,” Operations Research, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 681–710, 2003.
- B. S. Kerner, The Physics of Traffic: Empirical Freeway Pattern Features, Engineering Applications, and Theory, Springer, 2004.
- B. Jia, Z. Y. Gao, K. P. Li, and X. G. Li, Models and Simulations of Traffic System Based on the Theory of Cellular Automaton, Science Press, Beijing, China, 2007.
- B. S. Kerner, Introduction to Modern Traffic Flow Theory and Control: The Long Road to Three-Phase Traffic Theory, Springer, 2009.
- M. Treiber and A. Kesting, Traffic Flow Dynamics: Data, Models and Simulation, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 2013.
- K. Nagel and M. Schreckenberg, “A cellular automaton model for freeway traffic,” Journal de Physique I, vol. 2, no. 12, pp. 2221–2229, 1992.
- M. Bando, K. Hasebe, A. Nakayama, A. Shibata, and Y. Sugiyama, “Dynamical model of traffic congestion and numerical simulation,” Physical Review E, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 1035–1042, 1995.
- R. Jiang, Q. Wu, and Z. Zhu, “Full velocity difference model for a car-following theory,” Physical Review E, vol. 64, no. 1, Article ID 017101, 2001.
- M. Treiber, A. Hennecke, and D. Helbing, “Congested traffic states in empirical observations and microscopic simulations,” Physical Review E, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 1805–1824, 2000.
- D. Helbing, A. Hennecke, V. Shvetsov, and M. Treiber, “MASTER: macroscopic traffic simulation based on a gas-kinetic, non-local traffic model,” Transportation Research B, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 183–211, 2001.
- R. Jiang, Q.-S. Wu, and Z.-J. Zhu, “A new continuum model for traffic flow and numerical tests,” Transportation Research B, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 405–419, 2002.
- T.-Q. Tang, H.-J. Huang, and Z.-Y. Gao, “Stability of the car-following model on two lanes,” Physical Review E, vol. 72, no. 6, Article ID 066124, 7 pages, 2005.
- T. Nagatani, “Modified KdV equation for jamming transition in the continuum models of traffic,” Physica A, vol. 261, no. 3-4, pp. 599–607, 1998.
- T. Nagatani, “TDGL and MKdV equations for jamming transition in the lattice models of traffic,” Physica A, vol. 264, no. 3-4, pp. 581–592, 1999.
- H. X. Ge, S. Q. Dai, Y. Xue, and L. Y. Dong, “Stabilization analysis and modified Korteweg-de Vries equation in a cooperative driving system,” Physical Review E, vol. 71, no. 6, Article ID 066119, 7 pages, 2005.
- H. X. Ge and R.-J. Cheng, “The “backward looking” effect in the lattice hydrodynamic model,” Physica A, vol. 387, no. 28, pp. 6952–6958, 2008.
- H. X. Ge, R. J. Cheng, and L. Lei, “The theoretical analysis of the lattice hydrodynamic models for traffic flow theory,” Physica A, vol. 389, no. 14, pp. 2825–2834, 2010.
- Y. Xue, “Lattice models of the optimal traffic current,” Acta Physica Sinica, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 25–30, 2004.
- T.-Q. Tang, H.-J. Huang, and Y. Xue, “An improved two-lane traffic flow lattice model,” Acta Physica Sinica, vol. 55, no. 8, pp. 4026–4031, 2006.
- W.-X. Zhu and E.-X. Chi, “Analysis of generalized optimal current lattice model for traffic flow,” International Journal of Modern Physics C, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 727–739, 2008.
- J.-F. Tian, B. Jia, X.-G. Li, and Z.-Y. Gao, “Flow difference effect in the lattice hydrodynamic model,” Chinese Physics B, vol. 19, no. 4, Article ID 040303, 2010.
- G. H. Peng, X. H. Cai, B. F. Cao, and C. Q. Liu, “Non-lane-based lattice hydrodynamic model of traffic flow considering the lateral effects of the lane width,” Physics Letters A, vol. 375, no. 30-31, pp. 2823–2827, 2011.
- G. H. Peng, X. H. Cai, C. Q. Liu, and B. F. Cao, “A new lattice model of traffic flow with the consideration of the driver's forecast effects,” Physics Letters A, vol. 375, no. 22, pp. 2153–2157, 2011.
- T. Wang, Z.-Y. Gao, X.-M. Zhao, J.-F. Tian, and W.-Y. Zhang, “Flow difference effect in the two-lane lattice hydrodynamic model,” Chinese Physics B, vol. 21, no. 7, Article ID 070507, 2012.
- W.-X. Zhu and L.-D. Zhang, “A novel lattice traffic flow model and its solitary density waves,” International Journal of Modern Physics C, vol. 23, no. 3, Article ID 1250025, 2012.
- J.-F. Tian, Z. Yuan, B. Jia, M.-H. Li, and G.-J. Jiang, “The stabilization effect of the density difference in the modified lattice hydrodynamic model of traffic flow,” Physica A, vol. 391, no. 19, pp. 4476–4482, 2012.
- J.-F. Tian, Z.-Z. Yuan, B. Jia, and H.-Q. Fan, “Phase transitions and the Korteweg-de Vries equation in the density difference lattice hydrodynamic model of traffic flow,” International Journal of Modern Physics C, vol. 24, no. 3, Article ID 1350016, 9 pages, 2013.
- D. Helbing and M. Treiber, “Gas-kinetic-based traffic model explaining observed hysteretic phase transition,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 81, no. 14, pp. 3042–3045, 1998.
- D. Helbing and M. Treiber, “Numerical simulation of macroscopic traffic equations,” Computing in Science and Engineering, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 89–98, 1999.
- H. Y. Lee, H.-W. Lee, and D. Kim, “Dynamic states of a continuum traffic equation with on-ramp,” Physical Review E, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 5101–5111, 1999.
- H. Y. Lee, H. W. Lee, and D. Kim, “Phase diagram of congested traffic flow: an empirical study,” Physical Review E, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 4737–4741, 2000.
- D. Helbing, A. Hennecke, and M. Treiber, “Phase diagram of traffic states in the presence of inhomogeneities,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 82, no. 21, pp. 4360–4363, 1999.
- M. Schonhof and D. Helbing, “Criticism of three-phase traffic theory,” Transportation Research B, vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 784–797, 2009.
- M. Treiber, A. Kesting, and D. Helbing, “Three-phase traffic theory and two-phase models with a fundamental diagram in the light of empirical stylized facts,” Transportation Research B, vol. 44, no. 8-9, pp. 983–1000, 2010.
- C.-F. Tang, R. Jiang, and Q.-S. Wu, “Phase diagram of speed gradient model with an on-ramp,” Physica A, vol. 377, no. 2, pp. 641–650, 2007.