- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 984513, 8 pages
Combined Sales Effort and Inventory Control under Demand Uncertainty
1School of Management and Engineering, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
2School of Business, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
3Hewlett-Packard Laboratories, Hewlett-Packard Co., Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Received 9 December 2012; Accepted 19 December 2012
Academic Editor: Xiang Li
Copyright © 2013 Weili Xue et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. A. Yano and S. M. Gilbert, “Coordinated pricing and production/procurement decisions: a review,” in Managing Business Interfaces: Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing Perspectives, A. Chakravarty and J. Eliashberg, Eds., Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, Mass, USA, 2004.
- M. Karakul, “Joint pricing and procurement of fashion products in the existence of clearance markets,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 114, no. 2, pp. 487–506, 2008.
- D. A. Serel, “Inventory and pricing decisions in a single-period problem involving risky supply,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 116, no. 1, pp. 115–128, 2008.
- S. Webster and Z. K. Weng, “Ordering and pricing policies in a manufacturing and distribution supply chain for fashion products,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 114, no. 2, pp. 476–486, 2008.
- A. Federgruen and A. Heching, “Combined pricing and inventory control under uncertainty,” Operations Research, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 454–475, 1999.
- X. Chen and D. Simchi-Levi, “Coordinating inventory control and pricing strategies with random demand and fixed ordering cost: the finite horizon case,” Operations Research, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 887–896, 2004.
- X. Chen and D. Simchi-Levi, “Coordinating inventory control and pricing strategies with random demand and fixed ordering cost: the infinite horizon case,” Mathematics of Operations Research, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 698–723, 2004.
- X. Chen, X. Zhou, and Y. Chen, “Integration of inventory and pricing decisions with costly price adjustments,” Operations Research, vol. 59, pp. 1144–1158, 2011.
- Y. Balcer, “Partially controlled demand and inventory control: an additive model,” Navel Research Logistics, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 273–288, 1980.
- F. Cheng and S. P. Sethi, “Periodic review inventory model with demand influenced by promotion decisions,” Management Science, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 1510–1523, 1999.
- E. L. Porteus and S. Whang, “On manufacturing/marketing incentives,” Management Science, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 1166–1181, 1991.
- F. Chen, “Sales-force incentives and inventory management,” Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 186–202, 2000.
- R. Ernst and P. Kouvelis, “Effects of selling packaged goods on inventory decisions,” Management Science, vol. 45, no. 8, pp. 1142–1155, 1999.
- F. Y. Chen, Y. Feng, and J. Ou, “Management of inventory replenishment and available offerings for goods sold with optional value-added packages,” IIE Transactions, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 397–406, 2005.
- J. L. Zhang, J. Chen, and C. Y. Lee, “Joint optimization on pricing, promotion and inventory control with stochastic demand,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 116, no. 2, pp. 190–198, 2008.
- Y. Wei and Y. Chen, “Joint determination of inventory replenishment and sales-effort with uncertain market responses,” International Journal of Productions Economics, vol. 134, pp. 368–374, 2011.
- X. Vives, Oligopoly Pricing: Old Ideas and New Tools, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1999.
- H. Scarf, “The optimality of (s, S) polices in the dynamic inventory problem,” in Mathematical Methods in Social Science, K. Arrow, S. Karlin, and P. Suppes, Eds., Chapter 13, Stanford University Press, 1960.
- J. Veinott, “On the opimality of (s, S) inventory policies: new conditions and a new proof,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 1067–1083, 1966.
- P. Zipkin, Foundations of Inventory Management, Irwin/McGraw-Hill Press, 2000.
- T. A. Taylor, “Supply chain coordination under channel rebates with sales effort effects,” Management Science, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 992–1007, 2002.