- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 984960, 10 pages
Dynamics of a Diffusive Predator-Prey Model with Allee Effect on Predator
1Faculty of Science, Shaanxi University of Science and Technology, Xi'an, Shaanxi 710021, China
2School of Mathematics and Computational Science, Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510275, China
3College of Electrical and Information Engineering, Shaanxi University of Science and Technology, Xi'an, Shaanxi 710021, China
Received 29 November 2012; Accepted 17 December 2012
Academic Editor: Junli Liu
Copyright © 2013 Xiaoqin Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. M. May, Stability and Complexity in Model Ecosystems, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1974.
- J. T. Tanner, “The stability and the intrinsic growth rates of prey and predator populations,” Ecology, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 855–867, 1975.
- J. D. Murray, Mathematical Biology, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1989.
- S. B. Hsu and T. W. Hwang, “Hopf bifurcation analysis for a predator-prey system of Holling and Leslie type,” Taiwanese Journal of Mathematics, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 35–53, 1999.
- R. Peng and M. Wang, “Positive steady states of the Holling-Tanner prey-predator model with diffusion,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh A, vol. 135, no. 1, pp. 149–164, 2005.
- R. Peng and M. Wang, “Global stability of the equilibrium of a diffusive Holling-Tanner prey-predator model,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 664–670, 2007.
- M. Wang, P. Y. H. Pang, and W. Chen, “Sharp spatial patterns of the diffusive Holling-Tanner prey-predator model in heterogeneous environment,” IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 73, no. 5, pp. 815–835, 2008.
- H. B. Shi, W. T. Li, and G. Lin, “Positive steady states of a diffusive predator-prey system with modified Holling-Tanner functional response,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 3711–3721, 2010.
- X. Li, W. Jiang, and J. Shi, “Hopf bifurcation and Turing instability in the reaction-diffusion Holling-Tanner predator-prey model,” IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics. In press.
- P. P. Liu and Y. Xue, “Spatiotemporal dynamics of a predator-prey model,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 69, no. 1-2, pp. 71–77, 2012.
- W. C. Allee, Animal Aggregations: A Study in General Sociology, University of Chicago Press, 1931.
- F. Courchamp, T. Clutton-Brock, and B. Grenfell, “Inverse density dependence and the Allee effect,” Trends in Ecology & Evolution, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 405–410, 1999.
- P. A. Stephens, W. J. Sutherland, and R. P. Freckleton, “What is the Allee effect?” Oikos, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 185–190, 1999.
- P. A. Stephens and W. J. Sutherland, “Consequences of the Allee effect for behaviour, ecology and conservation,” Trends in Ecology & Evolution, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 401–405, 1999.
- F. Courchamp, L. Berec, and J. Gascoigne, Allee Effects in Ecology and Conservation, Oxford University Press, 2008.
- B. Dennis, “Allee effects: population growth, critical density, and the chance of extinction,” Natural Resource Modeling, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 481–538, 1989.
- S. R. Zhou, Y. F. Liu, and G. Wang, “The stability of predator-prey systems subject to the Allee effects,” Theoretical Population Biology, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 23–31, 2005.
- I. Scheuring, “Allee effect increases the dynamical stability of populations,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 199, no. 4, pp. 407–414, 1999.
- M. H. Wang and M. Kot, “Speeds of invasion in a model with strong or weak Allee effects,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 171, no. 1, pp. 83–97, 2001.
- A. Kent, C. Patrick Doncaster, and T. Sluckin, “Consequences for predators of rescue and Allee effects on prey,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 162, no. 3, pp. 233–245, 2003.
- J. C. Gascoigne and R. N. Lipcius, “Allee effects driven by predation,” Journal of Applied Ecology, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 801–810, 2004.
- A. Morozov, S. Petrovskii, and B. L. Li, “Bifurcations and chaos in a predator-prey system with the Allee effect,” Proceedings of the Royal Society B, vol. 271, no. 1546, pp. 1407–1414, 2004.
- D. S. Boukal, M. W. Sabelis, and L. Berec, “How predator functional responses and Allee effects in prey affect the paradox of enrichment and population collapses,” Theoretical Population Biology, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 136–147, 2007.
- Y. Du and J. Shi, “Allee effect and bistability in a spatially heterogeneous predator-prey model,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 359, no. 9, pp. 4557–4593, 2007.
- J. Wang, J. Shi, and J. Wei, “Predator-prey system with strong Allee effect in prey,” Journal of Mathematical Biology, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 291–331, 2011.
- J. Wang, J. Shi, and J. Wei, “Dynamics and pattern formation in a diffusive predator-prey system with strong Allee effect in prey,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 251, no. 4-5, pp. 1276–1304, 2011.
- E. González-Olivares, J. Mena-Lorca, A. Rojas-Palma, and J. D. Flores, “Dynamical complexities in the Leslie-Gower predator-prey model as consequences of the Allee effect on prey,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 366–381, 2011.
- G. Wang, X. G. Liang, and F. Z. Wang, “The competitive dynamics of populations subject to an Allee effect,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 124, no. 2-3, pp. 183–192, 1999.
- J. D. Murray, “Discussion: Turing's theory of morphogenesis-its influence on modelling biological pattern and form,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 117–152, 1990.
- J. Chattopadhyay and P. K. Tapaswi, “Effect of cross-diffusion on pattern formation—a nonlinear analysis,” Acta Applicandae Mathematicae, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 1997.
- W. Chen and M. Wang, “Qualitative analysis of predator-prey models with Beddington-DeAngelis functional response and diffusion,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 42, no. 1-2, pp. 31–44, 2005.
- D. Henry, Geometric Theory of Semilinear Parabolic Equations, vol. 840 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- W. Wang, Q. Liu, and Z. Jin, “Spatiotemporal complexity of a ratio-dependent predator-prey system,” Physical Review E, vol. 75, no. 5, Article ID 051913, 9 pages, 2007.
- M. R. Garvie, “Finite-difference schemes for reaction-diffusion equations modeling predator-prey interactions in MATLAB,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 931–956, 2007.
- A. Munteanu and R. Sole, “Pattern formation in noisy self-replicating spots,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 3679–3683, 2007.