- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 107601, 9 pages
Capacity Estimation for On-Ramp Merging Section of Urban Expressway Based on Time Headway Loss
1School of Transportation Central South University, Changsha 410075, China
2Hunan Province University Key Laboratory of Bridge Engineering (Changsha University of Science & Technology), Changsha 410000, China
3School of Transportation and Logistics Central South University of Forestry and Technology, Changsha 410004, China
Received 25 September 2013; Revised 31 December 2013; Accepted 1 January 2014; Published 20 February 2014
Academic Editor: Huimin Niu
Copyright © 2014 Xing-jian Xue et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. J. Cassidy and J. Rudjanakanoknad, “Increasing the capacity of an isolated merge by metering its on-ramp,” Transportation Research B, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 896–913, 2005.
- J. A. Laval and C. F. Daganzo, “Lane-changing in traffic streams,” Transportation Research B, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 251–264, 2006.
- K. Chung, J. Rudjanakanoknad, and M. J. Cassidy, “Relation between traffic density and capacity drop at three freeway bottlenecks,” Transportation Research B, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 82–95, 2007.
- S. Oh and H. Yeo, “Microscopic analysis on the causal factors of capacity drop in highway merging sections,” in Proceedings of the Transportation Research Board 91st Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, USA, 2012.
- A. Duret, J. Bouffier, and C. Buisson, “Onset of congestion from low-speed merging maneuvers within free-flow traffic stream,” Transportation Research Record, no. 2188, pp. 96–107, 2010.
- B. Coifman and S. Kim, “Extended bottlenecks, the fundamental relationship, and capacity drop on freeways,” Transportation Research A, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 980–991, 2011.
- D. R. Drew, “Gap acceptance in the freeway merging process,” Highway Research Record 208, 1967.
- S. Westphal, “Capacity of freeway on-ramps on German motorways,” in Proceeding of the 2nd International Symposium on Highway Capacity, pp. 707–715, Sydney, Australia, 1994.
- P. Lertworawanich and L. Elefteriadou, “A methodology for estimating capacity at ramp weaves based on gap acceptance and linear optimization,” Transportation Research B, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 459–483, 2003.
- S. G. Kim and Y. Son, “Development of new merge capacity model and effects of ramp flow on the merge capacity,” in Proceedings of the 82nd Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, pp. 1–19, Washington, DC, USA, 2003.
- L. Leclercq, J. A. Laval, and N. Chiabaut, “Capacity drops at merges: an endogenous model,” Transportation Research B, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 1302–1313, 2011.
- M. R. Lorenz and L. Elefteriadou, “Defining freeway capacity as function of breakdown probability,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1776, pp. 43–51, 2007.
- W. Brilon, J. Geistefeldt, and H. Zurlinden, “Implementing the concept of reliability for highway capacity analysis,” Transportation Research Record, no. 2027, pp. 1–8, 2007.
- C. Zhao, W. Wang, and W. Li, “On-ramp capacity under different flow rate of major stream,” Journal of Highway and Transportation Research and Development, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 82–85, 2005.
- Y. Ci, L. Wu, Y. Pei, and X. Ling, “Gap acceptance capacity model for on-ramp junction of urban freeway,” Journal of Transportation Systems Engineering and Information Technology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 116–119, 2009.