- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 125910, 14 pages
Pedestrian Guiding Signs Optimization for Airport Terminal
1School of Traffic and Transportation, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing, China
2School of Civil and Transportation Engineering, Beijing University of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Beijing, China
Received 24 September 2013; Revised 24 December 2013; Accepted 27 December 2013; Published 25 February 2014
Academic Editor: Huimin Niu
Copyright © 2014 Jianxin Lin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Kim, Y. Park, and B. J. Kim, “Estimating hourly variations in passenger volume at airports using dwelling time distributions,” Journal of Air Transport Management, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 395–400, 2004.
- G. F. Newell, Application of Queuing Theory, Chapman and Lounge, London, UK, 1971.
- W. J. Dunlay Jr. and C. H. Park, “Tandem-queue algorithm for airport user flows,” Transportation Engineering Journal of ASCE, vol. 104, no. 2, pp. 131–149, 1978.
- S. Solak, J.-P. B. Clarke, and E. L. Johnson, “Airport terminal capacity planning,” Transportation Research B, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 659–676, 2009.
- I. E. Manataki and K. G. Zografos, “A generic system dynamics based tool for airport terminal performance analysis,” Transportation Research C, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 428–443, 2009.
- A. S. Kiran, T. Cetinkaya, and S. Og, “Simulation modeling and analysis of a new international terminal,” in Proceedings of the Winter Simulation Conference, pp. 1168–1172, Society for Computer Simulation International, Orlando, Fla, USA, December 2000.
- M. Schultz and H. Fricke, “Managing passenger handling at airport terminals,” in Proceedings of the 9th USA/Europe Air Traffic Management Research and Development Seminar, Berlin, Germany, 2011.
- P. K. Chawdhry, “Risk modeling and simulation of airport passenger departures process,” in Proceedings of the Winter Simulation Conference (WSC '09), pp. 2820–2831, December 2009.
- I. Akgun, A. Kandakoglu, and A. F. Ozok, “Fuzzy integrated vulnerability assessment model for critical facilities in combating the terrorism,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 3561–3573, 2010.
- C.-C. Chou, “A model for the evaluation of airport service quality,” Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers: Transport, vol. 162, no. 4, pp. 207–213, 2009.
- A. G. de Barros, A. K. Somasundaraswaran, and S. C. Wirasinghe, “Evaluation of level of service for transfer passengers at airports,” Journal of Air Transport Management, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 293–298, 2007.
- Y. Park, “A methodology for establishing operational standards of airport passenger terminals,” Journal of Air Transport Management, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 73–80, 1999.
- Y. H. Park, An evaluation methodology for the level of service at the airport landside system [Ph.D. thesis], Loughborough University of Technology, Loughborough, UK, 1994.
- J.-R. Yen, “A new approach to measure the level of service of procedures in the airport landside,” Transportation Planning Journal, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 323–336, 1995.
- Guidelines for Transit Facility Signing and Graphics TCRP Report 12, 1996.
- A. Uebele, Signage Systems & Information Graphics: A Professional Sourcebook, Thames & Hudson, 2007.
- M. L. Tam, “An optimization model for wayfinding problems in terminal building,” Journal of Air Transport Management, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 74–79, 2011.