- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 153974, 8 pages
Exp-Function Method for a Generalized MKdV Equation
School of Mathematics, Taiyuan University of Technology, Taiyuan 030024, China
Received 15 December 2013; Accepted 24 April 2014; Published 15 May 2014
Academic Editor: Cengiz Çinar
Copyright © 2014 Yuzhen Chai et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Infeld and G. Rowlands, Nonlinear Waves, Solitons and Chaos, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2000.
- A. Scott, Encyclopedia of Nonlinear Science, Routledge, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- S. J. Li, Nonlinear Science and Its Application, Harbin Institute of Technology Press, Harbin, China, 2011.
- L. S. Shun, Forefront Issues of Nonlinear Science, China Science and Technology Press, Beijing, China, 2009.
- S. K. Liu and S. D. Liu, Nonlinear Equations in Physics, Peking University Press, Beijing, China, 2000.
- S. K. Liu, S. D. Liu, and B. D. Tan, Nonlinear Atmospherics Dynamics, China National Defense Industry Press, Bejing, China, 1996.
- G. Chen, Some Issues on the Theroy of Nonlinear Science and Its Application. [Academic Dissertation], Zhejiang University Press, Zhejiang, China, 1996.
- J. T. Huang, J. Z. Xu, and Y. T. Xiong, Solitons Concepts, Principles and Applications, Higher Education Press, Beijing, China, 2004.
- J. S. Russell, “Report on waves,” in Proceedings of the 14th Meeting of the Bntish Association for the Advancement of Science, pp. 311–390, John Murray, London, UK, 1844.
- D. J. Kortewrg and G. de Vries, “On the change of form of long waves advancing in a rectangular canal and on a new type of long stationary wave,” Philosophical Magazine, vol. 39, no. 240, pp. 422–443, 1895.
- E. Fermi, J. Pasta, and S. Ulam, “Studies of nonlinear problems,” Los Alamos Document, Los Alamos, NM, USA, 1955.
- N. J. Zabusky and M. D. Kruskal, “Interaction of “solitons” in a collisionless plasma and the recurrence of initial states,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 240–243, 1965.
- T. X. Chen, Introduction to Nonlinear Physics, University of Science and Technology of China Press, Hefei, China, 2002.
- Z. L. Pan, The Mathematic Methods of the Nonlinear Problem and Its Application, Zhejiang University Press, Zhejiang, China, 2002.
- D. Y. Wang, D. J. Wu, and G. L. Huang, Solitary Wave in Space Plasma, Shanghai Scientific and Technological Education Publishing House, Hangzhou, China, 2000.
- H. A. Abdusalam, “On an improved complex tanh-function method,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 99–106, 2005.
- M. A. Abdou and A. A. Soliman, “Modified extended tanh-function method and its application on nonlinear physical equations,” Physics Letters A: General, Atomic and Solid State Physics, vol. 353, no. 6, pp. 487–492, 2006.
- D. L. Sekulić, M. V. Satarić, and M. B. Živanov, “Symbolic computation of some new nonlinear partial differential equations of nanobiosciences using modified extended tanh-function method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 7, pp. 3499–3506, 2011.
- W.-W. Li, Y. Tian, and Z. Zhang, “F method and its application for finding new exact solutions to the sine-Gordon and sinh-Gordon equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 219, no. 3, pp. 1135–1143, 2012.
- A. H. Bhrawy, M. A. Abdelkawy, and A. Biswas, “Cnoidal and snoidal wave solutions to coupled nonlinear wave equations by the extended Jacobi's elliptic function method,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 915–925, 2013.
- R. Guo and H.-Q. Hao, “Breathers and multi-soliton solutions for the higher-order generalized nonlinear Schrödinger equation,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 2426–2435, 2013.
- F. Qi, B. Tian, X. Lü, R. Guo, and Y. Xue, “Darboux transformation and soliton solutions for the coupled cubic-quintic nonlinear Schrödinger equations in nonlinear optics,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 2372–2381, 2012.
- R. Guo and B. Tian, “Integrability aspects and soliton solutions for an inhomogeneous nonlinear system with symbolic computation,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 3189–3203, 2012.
- R. Guo, B. Tian, L. Wang, F.-H. Qi, and Y. Zhan, “Darboux transformation and soliton solutions for a system describing ultrashort pulse propagation in a multicomponent nonlinear medium,” Physica Scripta, vol. 81, no. 2, Article ID 025002, 2010.
- R. Guo, B. Tian, L. Xing, H.-Q. Zhang, and T. Xu, “Integrability aspects and soliton solutions for a system describing ultrashort pulse propagation in an inhomogeneous multi-component medium,” Communications in Theoretical Physics, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 536–544, 2010.
- R. Guo, B. Tian, X. Lü, H.-Q. Zhang, and W.-J. Liu, “Darboux transformation and soliton solutions for the generalized coupled variable-coefficient nonlinear Schrodinger-Maxwell-Bloch system with symbolic computation,” Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 565–577, 2012.
- L. Bougoffa and R. C. Rach, “Solving nonlocal initial-boundary value problems for linear and nonlinear parabolic and hyperbolic partial differential equations by the Adomian decomposition method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 225, pp. 50–61, 2013.
- T. S. El-Danaf, M. A. Ramadan, and F. E. I. Abd Alaal, “The use of adomian decomposition method for solving the regularized long-wave equation,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 747–757, 2005.
- S. M. El-Sayed, D. Kaya, and S. Zarea, “The decomposition method applied to solve high-order linear Volterra-Fredholm integro-differential equations,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 105–112, 2004.
- H. Liu, “Variational Approach to Nonlinear Electrochemical System,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 95–96, 2004.
- J. He, “Homotopy perturbation method for bifurcation of nonlinear problems,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 207–208, 2005.
- J. He and X. Wu, “Construction of solitary solution and compacton-like solution by variational iteration method,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 108–113, 2006.
- P. Rosenau and J. M. Hyman, “Compactons: solitons with finite wavelength,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 70, no. 5, pp. 564–567, 1993.