- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 173876, 5 pages
Modeling the Equilibrium Bus Line Choice Behavior and Transit System Design with Oblivious Users
School of Economics and Management, Beihang University, Beijing 100191, China
Received 15 November 2013; Accepted 1 January 2014; Published 6 February 2014
Academic Editor: Huimin Niu
Copyright © 2014 Chuan-Lin Zhao and Hai-Jun Huang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Wardrop, “Some theoretical aspects of road traffic research,” in Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers Part II, pp. 325–378, 1952.
- C. F. Daganzo and Y. Sheffi, “On stochastic models of traffic assignment,” Transportation Science, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 253–274, 1977.
- Y. Sheffi, Urban Transportation Networks: Equilibrium Analysis With Mathematical Programming Methods, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1985.
- H. Yang and H. J. Huang, Mathematical and Economic Theory of Road Pricing, Elsevier, Oxford, UK, 2005.
- H. A. Simon, “A behavioral model of rational choice,” The Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 99–118, 1955.
- H. S. Mahmassani and G.-L. Chang, “On boundedly rational user equilibrium in transportation systems,” Transportation Science, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 89–99, 1987.
- J. Conlisk, “Why bounded rationality?” Journal of Economic Literature, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 669–700, 1996.
- T.-Y. Hu and H. S. Mahmassani, “Day-to-day evolution of network flows under real-time information and reactive signal control,” Transportation Research C, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 51–68, 1997.
- H. S. Mahmassani and Y.-H. Liu, “Dynamics of commuting decision behaviour under Advanced Traveller Information Systems,” Transportation Research C, vol. 7, no. 2-3, pp. 91–107, 1999.
- H. S. Mahmassani, “Trip timing,” in Handbook of Transport Modeling, D. A. Hensher and K. J. Button, Eds., Elsevier, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- Y. Lou, Y. Yin, and S. Lawphongpanich, “Robust congestion pricing under boundedly rational user equilibrium,” Transportation Research B, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 15–28, 2010.
- X. Di, H. Liu, J. Pang, and X. Ban, “Boundedly rational user equilibria (BRUE): mathematical formulation and solution sets,” Transportation Research B, vol. 57, pp. 300–313, 2013.
- G. Karakostas, T. Kim, A. Viglas, and H. Xia, “On the degradation of performance for traffic networks with oblivious users,” Transportation Research B, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 364–371, 2011.
- M. Kraus, “Discomfort externalities and marginal cost transit fares,” Journal of Urban Economics, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 249–259, 1991.
- W. H. K. Lam, C.-Y. Cheung, and C. F. Lam, “A study of crowding effects at the Hong Kong light rail transit stations,” Transportation Research A, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 401–415, 1999.
- H. J. Huang, Q. Tian, and Z. Y. Gao, “An equilibrium model in urban transit riding and fare polices,” in Algorithmic Applications in Management, vol. 3521 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 112–121, 2005.
- W. Vickrey, “Some implications of marginal cost pricing for public utilities,” American Economic Review, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 605–620, 1955.
- H. Mohring, “Optimization and scale economies in urban bus transportation,” American Economic Review, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 591–604, 1972.
- S. R. Jara-Díaz, A. Gschwender, and M. Ortega, “Is public transport based on transfers optimal? A theoretical investigation,” Transportation Research B, vol. 46, no. 7, pp. 808–816, 2012.
- S. Raveau, J. C. Muñoz, and L. de Grange, “A topological route choice model for metro,” Transportation Research A, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 138–147, 2011.