- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 232890, 8 pages
An Operation Optimization for Express Freight Trains Based on Shipper Demands
1School of Traffic and Transportation, Lanzhou Jiaotong University, Lanzhou 730070, China
2School of Transportation & Logistics, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu 610031, China
Received 18 November 2013; Revised 16 December 2013; Accepted 24 December 2013; Published 12 January 2014
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2014 Yuzhao Zhang and Yusong Yan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Savesberg, Innovation in European Freight Transportation: Basics, Methodology and Case Studies for European Markets, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- J. A. Pazour, R. D. Meller, and L. M. Pohl, “A model to design a national high-speed rail network for freight distribution,” Transportation Research A, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 119–135, 2010.
- B. L. Lin, S. N. Zhu, and S. W. He, “The optimal model of the direct train formation plan for loading area,” China Railway Science, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 117–120, 1995.
- T. Crainic, J. Ferland, and J. Rousseau, “A tactical planning model for rail freight transportation,” Transportation Science, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 165–184, 1984.
- A. Marín and J. Salmerón, “Tactical design of rail freight networks, part I: exact and heuristic methods,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 26–44, 1996.
- M. Yaghini, M. Seyedabadi, and M. M. Khoshraftar, “A population-based algorithm for the railroad blocking problem,” Journal of Industrial Engineering International, vol. 8, pp. 1–11, 2012.
- D. R. Martinelli and H. Teng, “Optimization of railway operations using neural networks,” Transportation Research C, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 33–49, 1996.
- T. G. Crainic, “Service network design in freight transportation,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 122, no. 2, pp. 272–288, 2000.
- C. Lin and S. Chen, “The hierarchical network design problem for time-definite express common carriers,” Transportation Research B, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 271–283, 2004.
- A. Ceselli, M. Gatto, M. E. Lübbecke, M. Nunkesser, and H. Schilling, “Optimizing the Cargo Express service of Swiss Federal Railways,” Transportation Science, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 450–465, 2008.
- A. Ben-Tal, A. Nemirovski, and M. F. Gorman, “Santa Fe railway uses an operating-plan model to improve its service design,” Interfaces, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 1–12, 1998.
- Y. Wang and J. Liu, “Research on the optimization method of railway parcel express trains plan,” Jounal of Transportation System Engineering Information Technology, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 125–129, 2007.
- C. A. Yano and A. M. Newman, “Scheduling trains and containers with due dates and dynamic arrivals,” Transportation Science, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 181–191, 2001.
- B. Crevier, J. Cordeau, and G. Savard, “Integrated operations planning and revenue management for rail freight transportation,” Transportation Research B, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 100–119, 2012.
- Y. Guo, S. He, and B. Wang, “Research on optimization of scheduled transit train operating plan,” Journal of the China Railway Society, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 8–13, 2011.
- M. Gen and R. Cheng, Genetic Algorithms and Engineering Optimization, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- H. M. Niu and X. S. Zhou, “Optimizing urban rail timetable under time-dependent demand and oversaturated conditions,” Transportation Research C, vol. 36, pp. 212–230, 2013.
- H. M. Niu and M. H. Zhang, “An optimization to schedule train operations with phase-regular framework for intercity rail lines,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2012, Article ID 549374, 13 pages, 2012.