- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 282085, 8 pages
A Numerical Simulation of Extratropical Storm Surge and Hydrodynamic Response in the Bohai Sea
1Physical Oceanography Laboratory, Ocean University of China, Qingdao 266100, China
2School of Science, Tianjin University of Science and Technology, TEDA, Tianjin 300457, China
3College of Marine Science and Engineering, Tianjin University of Science and Technology, TEDA, Tianjin 300457, China
Received 24 September 2013; Revised 15 January 2014; Accepted 19 January 2014; Published 10 March 2014
Academic Editor: Qi-Ru Wang
Copyright © 2014 Yumei Ding and Lei Ding. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Zheng, R. H. Weisberg, Y. Huang et al., “Implications from the comparisons between two- and three-dimensional model simulations of the Hurricane Ike storm surge,” Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, vol. 118, no. 7, pp. 3350–3369, 2013.
- M. Marcos, G. Jordà, D. Gomis, and B. Pérez, “Changes in storm surges in southern Europe from a regional model under climate change scenarios,” Global and Planetary Change, vol. 77, no. 3-4, pp. 116–128, 2011.
- S. H. Wu, X. N. Wang, S. Song, and M. Yuqian, “The general status and statistics of storm surges in the coast area of Tianjin,” Marine Forecasts, vol. 19, pp. 29–35, 2002 (Chinese).
- P. Zhao and W. S. Jiang, “A numerical study of the effects of coastal geometry in the Bohai Sea on storm surges induced by cold-air outbreaks,” Journal of Ocean University of China, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 9–15, 2011.
- J. Proudman, “Oscillations of tide and surge in an estuary of finite length,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 2, pp. 371–382, 1957.
- D. Prandle and J. Wolf, “The interaction of surge and tide in the North Sea and River Thames,” Geophysical Journal, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 203–216, 1978.
- F. Y. Shi and W. X. Sun, “A variable boundary model of storm surge flooding in generalized curvilinear grids,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 641–651, 1995.
- C. S. Chen, H. D. Liu, and R. C. Beardsley, “An unstructured grid, finite-volume, three-dimensional, primitive equations ocean model: application to coastal ocean and estuaries,” Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 159–186, 2003.
- B. H. Choi, Digital Atlas for Neighboring Seas of Korean Peninsula, Lab. for Coastal and Ocean Dynamics Studies, Sung Kyun Kwan University, 1999.
- X. M. Li, C. Z. Yuan, and Y. Y. Li, “Remote sensing monitoring and spatial-temporal variation of Bohai Bay coastal zone,” Remote Sensing for Land & Resources, vol. 25, pp. 156–163, 2013 (Chinese).
- H. J. Lee, K. T. Jung, J. K. So, and J. Y. Chung, “A three-dimensional mixed finite-difference Galerkin function model for the oceanic circulation in the Yellow Sea and the East China Sea in the presence of M2 tide,” Continental Shelf Research, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 67–91, 2002.
- X. W. Bao, G. P. Gao, and J. Yan, “Three dimensional simulation of tide and tidal current characteristics in the East China Sea,” Oceanologica Acta, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 135–149, 2001.