- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 394846, 10 pages
Development of a Safety Evaluation Model for Provincial Highway
1College of Civil and Transportation Engineering, Hohai University, Nanjing 210098, China
2Department of Vehicle, Henan Communication Vocational Technology College, Zhengzhou 450002, China
3School of Transportation, Southeast University, Nanjing 210096, China
4College of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Shan Dong University of Science and Technology, Qingdao 266510, China
Received 10 November 2013; Revised 22 December 2013; Accepted 24 December 2013; Published 8 January 2014
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2014 Li Yuan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Dell'Acqua and M. Busiello, “Safety data analysis to evaluate highway alignment consisitency,” Transportation Research Record, no. 2349, pp. 121–128, 2013.
- F. Q. Pan, L. X. Zhang, and J. Lu, “A method for determining the number of traffic conflict points between vehicles at major-minor highway intersections,” Traffic Injury Prevention, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 424–433, 2013.
- S. Danief and R. Edward, “Variability in rural accident reporting,” Journal of the Transportation Research Board, no. 910, pp. 8–13, 1983.
- M. Wu and C. Z. Wu, “Methods to improve the plain terrain expanded freeway under accident reason analysis,” Journal of Transport Information and Safety, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 73–77, 2011.
- A. Joaquin, L. Griselda, and D. O. Juan, “Analysis of traffic accident severity using decision rules via decision trees,” Expert Systems with Application, vol. 40, no. 15, pp. 6047–6054, 2013.
- B. Son, M. Park, and S. Lee, “A study for hazardous road selection criteria for provincial roads,” Journal of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, vol. 6, pp. 3426–3440, 2005.
- L. Yuan and J. Lu, “Safety evaluation and improvements for highway intersections,” Journal of the Transportation Research Board, no. 2060, pp. 46–52, 2008.
- S. R. Perkins, “Traffic conflict characteristics—accident potential at intersections,” Highway Research Record 225, HRB, National Research Council, Washington, DC, USA, 1968.
- J. J. Lu, Q. J. Xiang, and S. Dissanayake, “The ways to improve highway safety,” Journal of Advances in Transportation Studies, vol. 2, pp. 3–14, 2004.
- G. Davis, J. Hourdos, and H. Xiong, “Outline of a causal theory of traffic conflicts and collisions,” in Proceedings of the 87th Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, USA, 2008.
- J. Lu, F. Q. Pan, and Q. J. Xiang, “Level-of-safety service for safety performance evaluation of highway intersections,” Journal of the Transportation Research Board, no. 2075, pp. 24–33, 2008.
- S. Zhou, J. Sun, X. An, and K. P. Li, “The development of a conflict hazardous assessment model for evaluating urban intersection safety,” Transport, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 216–223, 2011.
- H. E. Ross, D. L. Sicking, and R. A. Zimmer, “Recommended procedures for the safety performance evaluation of highway features,” NCHRP Report 350, TRB, National Research Council, Washington, DC, USA, 1993.
- F. Huang and P. Liu, “Identifying if VISSIM simulation model and SSAM provide reasonable estimates for field measured traffic conflicts at signalized intersections,” Accident Analysis and Prevention, vol. 50, pp. 1014–1024, 2012.
- P. Margie, S. Richard, and S. David, “World report on road traffic injury prevention,” Report, World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 2004.
- K. F. Wu and E. T. Donnell, “Exploring the association between traffic safety and geometric design consistency based on vehicle speed metrics,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 139, no. 7, pp. 738–748, 2013.
- F. J. Camacho-Torregrosa, A. M. Pérez-Zuriaga, J. M. Campoy-Ungría, and A. García-García, “New geometric design consistency model based on operating speed profiles for road safety evaluation,” Accident Analysis and Prevention, vol. 61, pp. 33–42, 2013.
- N. Roussiamanis, A. Kaltsounis, and S. Vardaki, “A review of stopping sight distance in road guidelines,” Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers: Transport, vol. 166, no. 5, pp. 305–312, 2013.
- S. E. Ibrahim, T. Sayed, and K. Ismail, “Methodology for safety optimization of highway cross-sections for horizontal curves with restricted sight distance,” Accident Analysis and Prevention, vol. 49, pp. 476–485, 2012.
- Z. Z. Li, K. Kepaptsoglou, and Y. Lee, “Safety effects of shoulder paving for rural and urban interstate, multilane, and two-lane highways,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 139, no. 10, pp. 1010–1019, 2013.
- C. Havard and A. Willis, “Effects of installing a marked crosswalk on road crossing behaviour and perceptions of the environment,” Transportation Research F, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 249–260, 2012.
- D. Stavrinos, J. L. Jones, and A. A. Garner, “Impact of distracted driving no safety and traffic flow,” Accident Analysis and Prevention, vol. 61, pp. 63–70, 2013.