- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 565603, 10 pages
Price and Service Competition of Dual-Channel Supply Chain with Consumer Returns
1School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Southeast University, Nanjing 211189, China
2School of Economics and Management, Southeast University, Nanjing 210096, China
Received 26 June 2013; Accepted 21 December 2013; Published 10 February 2014
Academic Editor: Kai Huang
Copyright © 2014 Lili Ren et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Stock, T. Speh, and H. Shear, “Many happy (product) returns,” Harvard Business Review, vol. 80, pp. 17–18, 2002.
- C. Lawton, “The war on returns,” Wall Street Journal, 2008.
- L. Trager, “Not so many happy returns,” Interactive Week, vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 44–45, 2000.
- D. S. Rogers and R. S. Tibben-Lemke, Going Backwards: Reverse Logistics Trends and Practices, Reverse Logistics Executive Council, Pittsburgh, Pa, USA, 1999.
- S. L. Wood, “Remote purchase environments: the influence of return policy leniency on two-stage decision processes,” Journal of Marketing Research, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 157–169, 2001.
- K.-Y. Chen, M. Kaya, and Ö. Özer, “Dual sales channel management with service competition,” Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 654–675, 2008.
- A. Dumrongsiri, M. Fan, A. Jain, and K. Moinzadeh, “A supply chain model with direct and retail channels,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 187, no. 3, pp. 691–718, 2008.
- G. Hua, S. Wang, and T. C. E. Cheng, “Price and lead time decisions in dual-channel supply chains,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 205, no. 1, pp. 113–126, 2010.
- G. Cai, Z. G. Zhang, and M. Zhang, “Game theoretical perspectives on dual-channel supply chain competition with price discounts and pricing schemes,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 117, no. 1, pp. 80–96, 2009.
- S.-H. Chun, B.-D. Rhee, S. Y. Park, and J.-C. Kim, “Emerging dual channel system and manufacturer's direct retail channel strategy,” International Review of Economics and Finance, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 812–825, 2011.
- B. Liu, R. Zhang, and M. Xiao, “Joint decision on production and pricing for online dual channel supply chain system,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 34, no. 12, pp. 4208–4218, 2010.
- J. Chen and P. C. Bell, “Implementing market segmentation using full-refund and no-refund customer returns policies in a dual-channel supply chain structure,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 136, no. 1, pp. 56–66, 2012.
- S. Huang, C. Yang, and X. Zhang, “Pricing and production decisions in dual-channel supply chains with demand disruptions,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 70–83, 2012.
- M. A. Lariviere and E. L. Porteus, “Selling to the newsvendor: an analysis of price-only contracts,” Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 293–305, 2001.
- B. Pasternack, “Optimal pricing and returns policies for perishable commodities,” Marketing Science, vol. 4, pp. 166–176, 1985.
- Y. He, X. Zhao, L. Zhao, and J. He, “Coordinating a supply chain with effort and price dependent stochastic demand,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 2777–2790, 2009.
- J. Chen and P. C. Bell, “Coordinating a decentralized supply chain with customer returns and price-dependent stochastic demand using a buyback policy,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 212, no. 2, pp. 293–300, 2011.
- Y. He and X. Zhao, “Coordination in multi-echelon supply chain under supply and demand uncertainty,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 139, pp. 106–115, 2012.
- G. P. Cachon, “Supply chain coordination with contracts,” in Handbooks in OR and MS, A. G. de Kok and S. C. Graves, Eds., vol. 11, pp. 229–339, Elesiver Science, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2003.
- A. Arshinder, A. Kanda, and S. G. Deshmukh, “Supply chain coordination: perspectives, empirical studies and research directions,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 115, no. 2, pp. 316–335, 2008.
- G. Cai, “Channel selection and coordination in dual-channel supply chains,” Journal of Retailing, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 22–36, 2010.
- J. Chen, H. Zhang, and Y. Sun, “Implementing coordination contracts in a manufacturer Stackelberg dual-channel supply chain,” Omega, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 571–583, 2012.
- W.-Y. K. Chiang, D. Chhajed, and J. D. Hess, “Direct marketing, indirect profits: a strategic analysis of dual-channel supply-chain design,” Management Science, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 1–20, 2003.
- H. Gurnani and Y. Xu, “Resale price maintenance contracts with retailer sales effort: effect of flexibility and competition,” Naval Research Logistics, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 448–463, 2006.