- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 636937, 9 pages
Global Optimization for Bus Line Timetable Setting Problem
School of Traffic and Transportation Engineering, Central South University, 22 Shaoshan South Road, Changsha 410075, China
Received 25 July 2013; Accepted 28 January 2014; Published 2 March 2014
Academic Editor: Carlo Piccardi
Copyright © 2014 Qun Chen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Friedman, “A mathematical programming model for optimal scheduling of buses' departures under deterministic conditions,” Transportation Research, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 83–90, 1976.
- P. G. Furth and N. H. M. Wilson, “Setting frequencies on bus routes: theory and practice,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 818, pp. 1–7, 1981.
- A. De Palma and R. Lindsey, “Optimal timetables for public transportation,” Transportation Research B, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 789–813, 2001.
- Q. K. Wan and H. K. Lo, “A mixed integer formulation for multiple-route transit network design,” Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Algorithms, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 299–308, 2003.
- A. Barra, L. Carvalho, N. Teypaz, V. D. Cung, and R. Balassiano, “Solving the transit network design problem with constraint programming,” in Proceedings of the 11th World Conference in Transport Research, pp. 24–28, University of California, 2007.
- R. Van Nes, R. Hamerslag, and B. H. Immers, “Design of public transport networks,” Transportation Research Record, vol. 1202, pp. 74–83, 1988.
- S. Carrese and S. Gori, “An urban bus network design procedure,” in Applied Optimization, P. Michael and L. Martine, Eds., pp. 177–195, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- S. B. Pattnaik, S. Mohan, and V. M. Tom, “Urban bus transit route network design using genetic algorithm,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 124, no. 4, pp. 368–375, 1998.
- V. M. Tom and S. Mohan, “Transit route network design using frequency coded genetic algorithm,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 129, no. 2, pp. 186–195, 2003.
- B. Yu, Z. Yang, C. Cheng, and C. Liu, “Optimizing bus transit network with parallel ant colony algorithm,” in Proceedings of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, pp. 374–389, Bangkok, Thailand, 2005.
- A. Ceder, “Bus frequency determination using passenger count data,” Transportation Research A, vol. 18, no. 5-6, pp. 439–453, 1984.
- A. Ceder, “Methods for creating bus timetables,” Transportation Research A, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 59–83, 1987.
- A. Ceder, “A procedure to adjust transit trip departure times through minimizing the maximum headway,” Computers and Operations Research, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 417–431, 1991.
- D. L. van Oudheusden and W. Zhu, “Trip frequency scheduling for bus route management in Bangkok,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 439–451, 1995.
- P. Chakroborty, K. Deb, and P. S. Subrahmanyam, “Optimal scheduling of urban transit systems using genetic algorithms,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 121, no. 6, pp. 544–553, 1995.
- P. Chakroborty, K. Deb, and H. Porwal, “A genetic algorithm based procedure for optimal transit systems scheduling,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Computers in Urban Planning and Urban Management, pp. 330–341, Mumbai, India, 1997.
- F. Zhao and X. Zeng, “Optimization of transit route network, vehicle headways and timetables for large-scale transit networks,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 186, no. 2, pp. 841–855, 2008.
- B. Yu, Z. Yang, and J. Yao, “Genetic algorithm for bus frequency optimization,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 136, no. 6, Article ID 002006QTE, pp. 576–583, 2010.
- S. Yan and H.-L. Chen, “A scheduling model and a solution algorithm for inter-city bus carriers,” Transportation Research A, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 805–825, 2002.