- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 682147, 9 pages
Rough Set Approach for Group Evacuation Behavior Analysis in Passenger Transport Hub Area
1School of Transportation, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430063, China
2Engineering Research Center for Transportation Safety (Ministry of Education), Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430063, China
Received 3 November 2013; Revised 27 February 2014; Accepted 2 March 2014; Published 17 April 2014
Academic Editor: Huimin Niu
Copyright © 2014 Peng Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. K. Lindell, J.-C. Lu, and C. S. Prater, “Household decision making and evacuation in response to Hurricane Lili,” Natural Hazards Review, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 171–179, 2005.
- N. Dash and H. Gladwin, “Evacuation decision making and behavioral responses: individual and household,” Natural Hazards Review, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 69–77, 2007.
- J. Czajkowski, “Is it time to go yet? Understanding household hurricane evacuation decisions from a dynamic perspective,” Natural Hazards Review, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 72–84, 2011.
- S. Hasan, S. Ukkusuri, H. Gladwin, and P. Murray-Tuite, “Behavioral model to understand household-level hurricane evacuation decision making,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 137, no. 5, pp. 341–348, 2011.
- M. K. Lindell, J. E. Kang, and C. S. Prater, “The logistics of household hurricane evacuation,” Natural Hazards, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 1093–1109, 2011.
- R. Mesa-Arango, S. Hasan, S. V. Ukkusuri, and P. Murray-Tuite, “Household-Level model for hurricane evacuation destination type choice using hurricane ivan data,” Natural Hazards Review, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 11–20, 2013.
- S. M. Lo, M. Liu, P. H. Zhang, and R. K. K. Yuen, “An artificial neural-network based predictive model for pre-evacuation human response in domestic building fire,” Fire Technology, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 431–449, 2009.
- C. M. Zhao, S. M. Lo, S. P. Zhang, and M. Liu, “A post-fire survey on the pre-evacuation human behavior,” Fire Technology, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 71–95, 2009.
- H. Fu and C. G. Wilmot, “Sequential logit dynamic travel demand model for hurricane evacuation,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1882, pp. 19–26, 2004.
- Y. Hsu and S. Peeta, “An aggregate approach to model evacuee behavior for no-notice evacuation operations,” Transportation, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 671–696, 2013.
- Z. Pawlak, “Rough sets,” International Journal of Computer and Information Sciences, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 341–356, 1982.
- P. Sawicki and J. Zak, “Technical diagnostic of a fleet of vehicles using rough set theory,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 193, no. 3, pp. 891–903, 2009.
- J.-Y. Shyng, H.-M. Shieh, G.-H. Tzeng, and S.-H. Hsieh, “Using FSBT technique with Rough Set Theory for personal investment portfolio analysis,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 201, no. 2, pp. 601–607, 2010.
- L.-Y. Zhai, L.-P. Khoo, and S.-C. Fok, “Feature extraction using rough set theory and genetic algorithms—an application for the simplification of product quality evaluation,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 661–676, 2002.
- R. Jensen and Q. Shen, “Semantics-preserving dimensionality reduction: rough and fuzzy-rough-based approaches,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 16, no. 12, pp. 1457–1471, 2004.
- X. Wang, J. Yang, X. Teng, W. Xia, and R. Jensen, “Feature selection based on rough sets and particle swarm optimization,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 459–471, 2007.
- A.-R. Hedar, J. Wang, and M. Fukushima, “Tabu search for attribute reduction in rough set theory,” Soft Computing, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 909–918, 2008.
- A.-E. Hassanien, “Rough set approach for attribute reduction and rule generation: a case of patients with suspected breast cancer,” Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 954–962, 2004.
- X. Bai, M. Zhang, Y. Qiu, and Q. Wu, “Algorithm for decision rules reduction in incomplete information system based on binary discemibility matrix,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation (ICMA '09), pp. 4061–4066, August 2009.
- L. Zhang, X. Lu, H. Wu, and S. Hao, “Improved heuristic algorithm used in attribute value reduction of rough set,” Chinese Journal of Scientific Instrument, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 82–85, 2009.
- J. Liang, J. Wang, and Y. Qian, “A new measure of uncertainty based on knowledge granulation for rough sets,” Information Sciences, vol. 179, no. 4, pp. 458–470, 2009.
- E. Rolland, D. A. Schilling, and J. R. Current, “An efficient tabu search procedure for the p-Median Problem,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 329–342, 1997.
- P. Yin and Y. Guo, “Optimization of multi-criteria website structure based on enhanced tabu search and web usage mining,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 219, no. 24, pp. 11082–11095, 2013.
- Q. Wu and J.-K. Hao, “An adaptive multistart tabu search approach to solve the maximum clique problem,” Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 86–108, 2013.
- Q. Feng, D. Miao, and Y. Cheng, “An approach to knowledge reduction based on relative partition granularity,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Granular Computing (GRC '08), pp. 226–231, August 2008.
- F. Glover, “Future paths for integer programming and links to artificial intelligence,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 533–549, 1986.
- C. Xie and M. A. Turnquist, “Lane-based evacuation network optimization: an integrated Lagrangian relaxation and tabu search approach,” Transportation Research C: Emerging Technologies, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 40–63, 2011.
- P. A. Berger, “Rough set rule induction for suitability assessment,” Environmental Management, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 546–558, 2004.
- C. K. Y. Lin and R. C. W. Kwok, “Multi-objective metaheuristics for a location-routing problem with multiple use of vehicles on real data and simulated data,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 175, no. 3, pp. 1833–1849, 2006.
- J. Xu, S. Y. Chiu, and F. Glover, “Fine-tuning a tabu search algorithm with statistical tests,” International Transactions in Operational Research, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 233–244, 1998.
- G. H. Bham, B. S. Javvadi, and U. R. R. Manepalli, “Multinomial logistic regression model for Single-Vehicle and multivehicle collisions on urban u.s. Highways in arkansas,” Journal of Transportation Engineering-Asce, vol. 138, no. 6, pp. 786–797, 2012.