- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 767851, 9 pages
Congestion Behavior under Uncertainty on Morning Commute with Preferred Arrival Time Interval
1School of Economics and Management, Beihang University, Beijing 100191, China
2Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Received 5 November 2013; Accepted 18 December 2013; Published 17 February 2014
Academic Editor: Huimin Niu
Copyright © 2014 LingLing Xiao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. S. Vickrey, “Congestion theory and transport investment,” American Economic Review, vol. 59, pp. 251–261, 1969.
- M. J. Smith, “The existence of a time-dependent equilibrium distribution of arrivals at a single bottleneck,” Transportation Science, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 385–394, 1984.
- C. F. Daganzo, “Uniqueness of a time-dependent equilibrium distribution of arrivals at a single bottleneck,” Transportation Science, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 29–37, 1985.
- R. M. Braid, “Uniform versus peak-load pricing of a bottleneck with elastic demand,” Journal of Urban Economics, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 320–327, 1989.
- R. Arnott, A. de Palma, and R. Lindsey, “Economics of a bottleneck,” Journal of Urban Economics, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 111–130, 1990.
- H. Yang and H.-J. Huang, “The multi-class, multi-criteria traffic network equilibrium and systems optimum problem,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 1–15, 2004.
- G. Ramadurai, S. V. Ukkusuri, J. Zhao, and J.-S. Pang, “Linear complementarity formulation for single bottleneck model with heterogeneous commuters,” Transportation Research Part B, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 193–214, 2010.
- M. J. Machina, “Choice under uncertainty: problem solved and unsolved,” Journal of Economic Perspectives, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 121–154, 1987.
- R. P. Cubitt and R. Sugden, “Dynamic decision-making under uncertainty: an experimental investigation of choice between accumulator gambles,” Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 103–128, 2001.
- C. Gollier and N. Treich, “Decision-making under scientific uncertainty: the economics of the precautionary principle,” Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 77–103, 2003.
- M. H. Birnbaum and U. Schmidt, “An experimental investigation of violations of transitivity in choice under uncertainty,” Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 77–91, 2008.
- C. Starmer, “Developments in non-expected utility theory: the hunt for a descriptive theory of choice under risk,” Journal of Economic Literature, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 332–382, 2000.
- A. de Palma, M. Ben-Akiva, D. Brownstone et al., “Risk, uncertainty and discrete choice models,” Marketing Letters, vol. 19, no. 3-4, pp. 269–285, 2008.
- J. V. Henderson, “The economics of staggered work hours,” Journal of Urban Economics, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 349–364, 1981.
- S.-I. Mun and M. Yonekawa, “Flextime, traffic congestion and urban productivity,” Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 329–358, 2006.
- B. Siu and H. K. Lo, “Equilibrium trip scheduling in congested traffic under uncertainty,” in Proceedings of the 18th International Symposium on Transportation and Traffic Theory, W. H. K. Lam, S. C. Wong, and H. K. Lo, Eds., pp. 19–38, Elsevier, Oxford, UK, 2009.
- H. Li, M. Bliemer, and P. Bovy, “Departure time distribution in the stochastic bottleneck model,” International Journal of ITS Research, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 79–86, 2008.
- L. L. Xiao, H. J. Huang, and R. Liu, “Congestion behavior and tolls in a bottleneck model with stochastic capacity,” Transportation Science, 2013.
- A. Chen, Z. Ji, and W. Recker, “Travel time reliability with risk-sensitive travelers,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1783, pp. 27–33, 2002.