- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 823057, 7 pages
Road Assessment Model and Pilot Application in China
1Research Institute of Highway, Ministry of Transport, Beijing, China
2International Road Assessment Programme, London, UK
Received 6 March 2014; Revised 23 April 2014; Accepted 23 April 2014; Published 14 May 2014
Academic Editor: Wuhong Wang
Copyright © 2014 Tiejun Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- The People's Republic of China Road Traffic Accident Statistics, 2012.
- D. W. Harwood, F. M. Council, E. Hauer, W. E. Hughes, and A. Vogt, “Prediction of the expected safety performance of rural two-lane highways,” Tech. Rep. FHWA-RD-99-207, United States Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), McLean, Va, USA, 2000.
- iRAP Toolkeys, http://www.irap.net.
- A. Vogt and J. Bared, “Accident models for two-lane rural segments and intersections,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1635, pp. 18–29, 1998.
- J. Hausman, B. H. Hall, and Z. Griliches, “Econometric models for count data with an application to the patents-R & D relationship,” Econometrica, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 909–938, 1984.
- E. Hauer, J. C. N. Ng, and J. Lovell, “Estimation of safety at signalized intersections,” Transportation Research Record, no. 1185, pp. 48–61, 1988.
- K. Rumar, P. Elsenaar, B. Marie, et al., Road Safety Manual Recommendations from the World Road Association, PIARC, 2004.
- V. Shankar, F. Mannering, and W. Barfield, “Effect of roadway geometrics and environmental factors on rural freeway accident frequencies,” Accident Analysis and Prevention, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 371–389, 1995.
- P. Daly, G. Smith, J. Metcalfe, and R. McInerney, “AUSRAP: the Australian road assessment program,” in Proceedings of the 22nd ARRB Conference: Research into Practice, ARRB Group, Canberra, Australia, 2006.
- J. Shen, A. Rodriguez, A. Gan, and P. Brady, “Development and application of crash reduction factors: a state-of-the-practice survey of State Departments of Transportation,” in Proceedings of the 83rd Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, 2004.
- D. W. Harwood, K. M. Bauer, I. B. Potts et al., “Safety effectiveness of intersection left- and right-turn lanes,” Tech. Rep. FHWA-RD-02-089, US Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, McLean, Va, USA, 2002.
- R. Elvik and T. Vaa, Eds., The Handbook of Road Safety Measures, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2004.
- Bureau of Transport Economics (BTE), “The black spot program 1996–2002: an evaluation of the first three years,” Tech. Rep. 104, Bureau of Transport Economics (BTE), Canberra, Australia, 2001.