- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 914647, 15 pages
Dynamic Analysis of a Phytoplankton-Fish Model with Biological and Artificial Control
1School of Mathematics and Information Science, Wenzhou University, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325035, China
2Zhejiang Provincial Key Laboratory for Water Environment and Marine Biological Resources Protection, Wenzhou University, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325035, China
3School of Life and Environmental Science, Wenzhou University, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325035, China
Received 24 October 2013; Accepted 17 January 2014; Published 17 March 2014
Academic Editor: Zhan Zhou
Copyright © 2014 Yapei Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Reigada, R. M. Hillary, M. A. Bees, J. M. Sancho, and F. Sagués, “Plankton blooms induced by turbulent flows,” Proceedings of the Royal Society B, vol. 270, no. 1517, pp. 875–880, 2003.
- J. E. Truscott and J. Brindley, “Ocean plankton populations as excitable media,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 981–998, 1994.
- M. Sandulescu, C. López, and U. Feudel, “Plankton blooms in vortices: the role of biological and hydrodynamic timescales,” Nonlinear Processes in Geophysics, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 443–454, 2007.
- A. Huppert, B. Blasius, R. Olinky, and L. Stone, “A model for seasonal phytoplankton blooms,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 236, no. 3, pp. 276–290, 2005.
- P. Almeida Machado, “Dinoflagellate blooms on the Brazilian South Atlantic coast,” in Toxic Dinoflagellate Blooms, Taylor and Seliger, Ed., p. 29, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1978.
- P. Wu, Z. M. Yu, G. P. Yang, and X. X. Song, “Remediation from harmful algae bloom with organo-clay processed surfactant,” Oceanologia et Limnologia Sinica, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 511–516, 2006.
- J. K. Liu and P. Xie, “Unraveling the enigma of the disappearance of water bloom from the east lake (Lake Donghu) of Wuhan,” Resources and Environment in the Yangtze Basin, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 312–319, 1999.
- F. L. R. M. Starling, “Control of eutrophication by silver carp (Hypophthalmichthys molitrix) in the tropical Paranoá Reservoir (Brasília, Brazil): a mesocosm experiment,” Hydrobiologia, vol. 257, no. 3, pp. 143–152, 1993.
- A. D. Carruthers, et al., Effect of Silver Carp on Blue-Green Algal Blooms in Lake Orakai, vol. 68 of Fisheries Environmental Report, Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, Wellington, New Zealand, 1986.
- H. Leventer and B. Teltsch, “The contribution of silver carp (Hypophthalmichthys molitrix) to the biological control of Netofa reservoirs,” Hydrobiologia, vol. 191, no. 1, pp. 47–55, 1990.
- T. Miura, “The effects of planktivorous fishes on the plankton community in a eutrophic lake,” Hydrobiologia, vol. 200-201, no. 1, pp. 567–579, 1990.
- V. Lakshmikantham, D. D. Bainov, and P. S. Simeonov, Theory of Impulsive Differential Equations, vol. 6, World Scientific, Singapore, 1989.
- D. D. Bainov and P. S. Simeonov, Impulsive Differential Equations: Asymptotic Properties of the Solutions, World Scientific, Singapore, 1993.
- D. D. Bainov and V. C. Covachev, Impulsive Differential Equations with a Small Parameter, vol. 24, World Scientific, Singapore, 1994.
- C. J. Dai, M. Zhao, and L. S. Chen, “Complex dynamic behavior of three-species ecological model with impulse perturbations and seasonal disturbances,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 84, pp. 83–97, 2012.
- L. S. Chen, “Pest control and geometric theory of semi-dynamical systems,” Journal of Beihua University, vol. 12, pp. 1–9, 2011.
- C. J. Dai, M. Zhao, and L. S. Chen, “Dynamic complexity of an Ivlev-type prey-predator system with impulsive state feedback control,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2012, Article ID 534276, 17 pages, 2012.
- W. B. Wang, J. H. Shen, and J. J. Nieto, “Permanence and periodic solution of predator-prey system with holling type functional response and impulses,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2007, Article ID 81756, 15 pages, 2007.
- C. J. Dai, M. Zhao, and L. S. Chen, “Homoclinic bifurcation in semi-continuous dynamic systems,” International Journal of Biomathematics, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 1–19, 2012.
- L. N. Qian, Q. S. Lu, Q. Meng, and Z. Feng, “Dynamical behaviors of a prey-predator system with impulsive control,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 363, no. 1, pp. 345–356, 2010.
- H. Baek, “Extinction and permanence of a three-species Lotka-Volterra system with impulsive control strategies,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2008, Article ID 752403, 18 pages, 2008.
- C. J. Dai and M. Zhao, “Mathematical and dynamic analysis of a prey-predator model in the presence of alternative prey with impulsive state feedback control,” Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, vol. 2012, Article ID 724014, 19 pages, 2012.
- D. L. deAngelis, S. M. Bartell, and A. L. Brenkert, “Effects of nutrient recycling and food-chain length on resilience,” The American Naturalist, vol. 134, no. 5, pp. 778–805, 1989.
- A. M. Edwards, “Adding detritus to a nutrient-phytoplankton-zooplankton model: a dynamical-systems approach,” Journal of Plankton Research, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 389–413, 2001.
- T. Wyatt and J. Horwood, “Model which generates red tides,” Nature, vol. 244, no. 5413, pp. 238–240, 1973.
- S. Uye, “Impact of copepod grazing on the red tide flagellate Chattonella antiqua,” Marine Biology, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 35–43, 1986.
- S. A. Levin and L. A. Segel, “Hypothesis for origin of planktonic patchiness,” Nature, vol. 259, no. 5545, p. 659, 1976.
- G. Pan, M. M. Zhang, H. Yan, H. Zou, and H. Chen, “Kinetics and mechanism of removing Microcystis aeruginosa using clay flocculation,” Environmental Science, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1–10, 2003.
- H. Zou, G. Pan, and H. Chen, “Flocculation and removal of water bloom cells Microcystis aeruginosa by Chitosan-Modified Clays,” Environmental Science, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 40–43, 2004.
- P. S. Simeonov and D. D. Bainov, “Orbital stability of periodic solutions of autonomous systems with impulse effect,” International Journal of Systems Science, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 2561–2585, 1988.
- S. N. Rasband, Chaotic Dynamics of Nonlinear Systems, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1990.