- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 915136, 8 pages
Fractal Characteristic of Rock Cutting Load Time Series
College of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, China University of Mining and Technology, Xuzhou 221116, China
Received 22 July 2013; Revised 3 November 2013; Accepted 29 January 2014; Published 5 March 2014
Academic Editor: Delfim F. M. Torres
Copyright © 2014 Hongxiang Jiang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Labra, J. Rojek, E. Oñate, and F. Zarate, “Advances in discrete element modelling of underground excavations,” Acta Geotechnica, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 317–322, 2008.
- J. Rojek, E. Oñate, C. Labra, and H. Kargl, “Discrete element simulation of rock cutting,” International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 996–1010, 2011.
- H. Xie, J.-A. Wang, and W.-H. Xie, “Fractal effects of surface roughness on the mechanical behavior of rock joints,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 221–252, 1997.
- H. P. Xie, J. F. Liu, Y. Ju, J. Li, and L. Z. Xie, “Fractal property of spatial distribution of acoustic emissions during the failure process of bedded rock salt,” International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 1344–1351, 2011.
- Z. X. Wu, X. X. Liu, Z. Z. Liang, et al., “Experimental study of fractal dimension of AE serials of different rocks under uniaxial compression,” Rock and Soil Mechanics, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 3561–3569, 2012.
- C. Wang, J. K. Xu, X. X. Zhao, et al., “Fractal characteristic s and its application in electromagnetic radiation signals during fracturing of coal or rock,” International Journal of Mining Science and Technology, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 255–258, 2012.
- Y. Huang, L. H. Zhu, K. Yin, et al., “Grain size distribution law of cuttings in DTH hammer reverse circulation drilling,” Journal of Jilin University, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 1119–1124, 2012.
- B. B. Mandelbrot, The Fractal Geometry of Nature, Freeman, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 1982.
- D. L. Turcotte, “Fractals and fragmentation,” Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 1921–1926, 1986.
- S. W. Tyler and S. W. Wheatcraft, “Fractal scaling of soil particle-size distributions: analysis and limitations,” Soil Science Society of America Journal, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 362–369, 1992.
- P. L. Yang, Y. P. Luo, and Y. C. Shi, “Fractal feature of soil on expression by mass distribution of particle size,” China Science Bulletin, vol. 38, pp. 1896–1899, 1993.
- T. Vicsek, Fractal Growth Phenomena, World Scientific, Teaneck, NJ, USA, 1989.
- P. Soille and J.-F. Rivest, “On the validity of fractal dimension measurements in image analysis,” Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 217–229, 1996.
- D. L. Turcotte, Fractals and Chaos in Geology and Geophysics, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2nd edition, 1997.
- D. M. Stefanescu, Handbook of Force Transducers-Principles and Components, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2011.
- Y. Nishimatsu, “The mechanics of rock cutting,” International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences and, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 261–270, 1972.
- K. E. Rånman, “A model describing rock cutting with conical picks,” Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 131–140, 1985.
- X. Duan, L. Yu, and D. Z. Cheng, “Chaotic dynamical characteristic s of rock breaking mechanism with self-controlled hydro-pick,” Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 14, pp. 484–491, 1995.
- H. X. Jiang, C. L. Du, S. Y. Liu, et al., “Experimental research of influence factors on combined breaking rock with water jet and mechanical tool,” China Mechanical Engineering, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 1013–1017, 2013.