- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 924712, 9 pages
On the Steady-State System Size Distribution for a Discrete-Time Geo/G/1 Repairable Queue
School of Mathematics and Statistics, Chongqing University of Technology, Chongqing 400054, China
Received 28 September 2013; Accepted 10 February 2014; Published 19 March 2014
Academic Editor: Carlo Piccardi
Copyright © 2014 Renbin Liu and Zhaohui Deng. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Kobayashi and A. G. Konheim, “Queueing models for computer communications system analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 2–29, 1977.
- I. Rubin and L. F. M. De Moraes, “Message delay analysis for polling and token multiple-access schemes for local communication networks,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 935–947, 1983.
- F. J. Li and R. H. Sun, “Measurement-estimation approach to efficiency evaluation of bandwidth allocation scheme in ATM networks,” in Proceedings of the Conference Record IEEE Internation Conference on Conmunications, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 131–142, 1997.
- N. S. Tian, X. L. Xu, and Z. Y. Ma, Discrete-Time Queueing Theory, Science Press, Beijing, China, 2008.
- M. Yadin and P. Naor, “Queueing systems with a removable service station,” Operational Research Quarterly, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 393–405, 1963.
- L. Tadj and G. Choudhury, “Optimal design and control of queues,” Top, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 359–412, 2005.
- P. Moreno, “A discrete-time single-server queue with a modified -policy,” International Journal of Systems Science, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 483–492, 2007.
- T.-Y. Wang and J.-C. Ke, “The randomized threshold for the discrete-time Geo/G/1 queue,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 3178–3185, 2009.
- Y. Y. Wei, M. M. Yu, Y. H. Tang, and J. X. Gu, “Queue size distribution and capacity optimum design for -policy queue with setup time and variable input rate,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 57, no. 5-6, pp. 1559–1571, 2013.
- T.-Y. Wang, “Random -policy Geo/G/1 queue with startup and closedown times,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2012, Article ID 793801, 19 pages, 2012.
- L. Takács, “A single-server queue with feedback,” The Bell System Technical Journal, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 505–519, 1963.
- B. D. Choi, B. Kim, and S. H. Choi, “On the Bernoulli feedback queue with multi-class customers,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 269–286, 2000.
- D. I. Choi and T.-S. Kim, “Analysis of a two-phase queueing system with vacations and Bernoulli feedback,” Stochastic Analysis and Applications, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 1009–1019, 2003.
- B. Krishna Kumar and J. Raja, “On multiserver feedback retrial queues with balking and control retrial rate,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 141, pp. 211–232, 2006.
- I. Atencia and P. Moreno, “Discrete-time retrial queue with Bernoulli feedback,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 47, no. 8-9, pp. 1273–1294, 2004.
- J. Wang and P. Zhang, “A discrete-time retrial queue with negative customers and unreliable server,” Computers & Industrial Engineering, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 1216–1222, 2009.
- Y. H. Tang, X. Yun, and S. J. Huang, “Discrete-time queue with unreliable server and multiple adaptive delayed vacations,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 220, no. 1-2, pp. 439–455, 2008.
- Z. M. Liu and S. Gao, “Reliability indices of a Geo/G/1/1 Erlang loss system with active breakdowns under Bernoulli schedule,” International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 433–438, 2010.
- J. J. Hunter, Mathematical Techniques of Applied Probability, Discrete Time Models: Techniques and Applications, vol. 2 of Operations Research and Industrial Engineering, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- S. W. Fuhrmann and R. B. Cooper, “Stochastic decompositions in the queue with generalized vacations,” Operations Research, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 1117–1129, 1985.