- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 964275, 12 pages
Study on the Technical Efficiency of Creative Human Capital in China by Three-Stage Data Envelopment Analysis Model
1Business School, Central South University, Changsha Hunan 410083, China
2Business School, Hunan International Economics University, Changsha Hunan 410205, China
Received 24 December 2013; Accepted 26 January 2014; Published 11 March 2014
Academic Editor: Taishan Yi
Copyright © 2014 Jian Ma et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Yang, L. Gong, and Q. Zhang, “Human capital formation land its effects on economic growth,” Management World, no. 5, pp. 10–18, 2006.
- P. F. Zhu and D. F. Xu, “The estimation of human capital in Chinese cities,” Economic Research Journal, no. 9, pp. 84–95, 2007.
- A. Ozyigit and F. Eminer, “Bounds test approach to the relationship between human capital and foreign direct investment as regressors of economic growth in Turkey,” Applied Economics Letters, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 561–565, 2011.
- D. J. Balan and S. Knack, “The correlation between human capital and morality and its effect on economic performance: theory and evidence,” Journal of Comparative Economics, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 457–475, 2012.
- P. Plummer and M. Taylor, “Entrepreneurship and human capital: distilling models of local economic growth to inform policy,” Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 427–439, 2004.
- P. Y. Hong and S. Pandey, “Human capital as structural vulnerability of US poverty,” Equal Opportunities International, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 18–43, 2007.
- M. F. Khorasgani, “Higher education development and economic growth in Iran,” Education, Business and Society, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 162–174, 2008.
- Y. Jiang, X. Shi, S. Zhang, and J. Ji, “The threshold effect of high-level human capital investment on China's urban-rural income gap,” China Agricultural Economic Review, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 297–320, 2011.
- T. W. Schultz, “The value of the ability to deal with disequilibria,” Journal of Economic Literature, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 827–846, 1975.
- N. G. Mankiw, D. Romer, and D. N. Weil, “A contribution to the empirics of economic growth,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 107, no. 2, pp. 407–437, 1992.
- R. J. Barro and J. W. Lee, “International measures of schooling years and schooling quality,” The American Economic Review, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 218–223, 1996.
- R. Somanathan, “School heterogeneity, human capital accumulation, and standards,” Journal of Public Economics, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 369–397, 1998.
- T. Ayalew, “Parental preference, heterogeneity, and human capital inequality,” Economic Development and Cultural Change, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 381–407, 2005.
- A. Garcia-Aracil, J. G. Mora, and L. E. Vila, “The rewards of human capital competences for young European higher education graduates,” Tertiary Education and Management, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 287–305, 2004.
- R. Ramcharan, “Higher or basic education? The composition of human capital and economic development,” IMF Staff Papers, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 309–326, 2004.
- M. Fincher, “Governments as human capital providers: a rationale for strong government support of broad higher education access,” Competitiveness Review, vol. 17, no. 1-2, pp. 67–76, 2007.
- A. van der Merwe, “Does human capital theory explain the value of higher education? A South African case study,” The American Journal of Business Education, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 107–118, 2010.
- T. Nakajima and H. Nakamura, “How do elementary and higher education affect human capital accumulation and inequality? A note,” Macroeconomic Dynamics, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 151–158, 2012.
- P. Romer, “Endogenous technological change,” Journal of Political, vol. 98, no. 5, pp. 71–102, 1990.
- R. R. Nelson and E. S. Phelps, “Investment in humans, technological diffusion, and economic growth,” The American Economic Review, vol. 56, no. 1-2, pp. 69–75, 1966.
- J. A. Schumpeter, The Theory of Economic Development, Oxford University Press, London, UK, 1934.
- R. E. Lucas Jr., “On the mechanics of economic development,” Journal of Monetary Economics, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 3–42, 1988.
- R. Florida, C. Mellander, and K. Stolarick, “Inside the black box of regional development—human capital, the creative class and tolerance,” Journal of Economic Geography, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 615–649, 2008.
- C. Zhang and L. Zhuang, “The composition of human capital and economic growth: evidence from China using dynamic panel data analysis,” China Economic Review, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 165–171, 2011.
- H. W. Wang and P. Li, “Empirical analysis of the sources of China’s economic growth in 1978–2008,” Journal of Knowledge-Based Innovation in China, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 91–105, 2011.
- H. Chen, “A structural analysis of the human capital's contribution to economy growth,” The Journal of Quantitative &Technical Economics, no. 8, pp. 9–68, 2007.
- J. Q. Guo, “Structural analysis of human capital investment,” China Economic Quarterly, no. 3, pp. 689–706, 2005.
- C. Zhang, “Empirical research on the relation between formation of human capital and economic institutional transition,” Economic Research Journal, no. 12, pp. 9–71, 2007.
- G. Ferrari and T. Laureti, “Evaluating technical efficiency of human capital formation in the Italian university: evidence from Florence,” Statistical Methods and Applications, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 243–270, 2005.
- C.-C. Chang, S.-W. Hung, and S.-Y. Huang, “Evaluating the operational performance of knowledge-based industries: the perspective of intellectual capital,” Quality and Quantity, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 1367–1383, 2011.
- M. A. Ahmed and G. Krishnasamy, “Human capital investment to achieve knowledge based economy in ASEAN5:DEA applications,” Journal of the Knowledge Economy, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 331–342, 2013.
- J. Maudos, J. M. Pastor, and L. Serrano, “Human capital in OECD countries: technical change, efficiency and productivity,” International Review of Applied Economics, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 419–435, 2003.
- C. L. Zhu, H. Z. Yue, and P. Shi, “The empirical study on the impact of human capital and its compositionon technical efficiency in China: the evidence based on the 1985–2007 provincial panel data,” Studies in Science of Science, vol. 28, no. 11, pp. 1668–1672, 2010.
- L. P. Ran and F. Y. Zhai, “Empirical analysis on contribution rate of human capital in Chinese construction industry based on DEA,” Journal of Systems & Management, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 702–705, 2010.
- H. O. Fried, C. A. K. Lovell, S. S. Schmidt, and S. Yaisawarng, “Accounting for environmental effects and statistical noise in data envelopment analysis,” Journal of Productivity Analysis, vol. 17, no. 1-2, pp. 157–174, 2002.
- A. Charnes, W. W. Cooper, and E. Rhodes, “Measuring the efficiency of decision making units,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 429–444, 1978.
- R. D. Banker, A. Charnes, and W. W. Cooper, “Some models for estimating technical and scale inefficiencies in data envelopment analysis,” Management Science, vol. 30, no. 9, pp. 1078–1092, 1984.
- H. Li and H. Liang, “Health, education, and economic growth in East Asia,” Journal of Chinese Economic and Foreign Trade Studies, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 110–131, 2010.
- F. Y. Tatoglu, “The relationships between human capital investment and economic growth: a panel error correction model,” Journal of Economic and Social Research, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 75–88, 2011.
- D. E. Bloom, D. Canning, and J. Sevilla, “The effect of health on economic growth: a production function approach,” World Development, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 2004.
- I. D. del Valle and M. A. S. Castillo, “Human capital and sustainable competitive advantage: an analysis of the relationship between training and performance,” International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 139–163, 2009.
- S. Scicchitano, “Complementarity between heterogeneous human capital and R&D: can job-training avoid low development traps?” Empirica, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 361–380, 2010.
- J. E. Taylor and P. L. Martin, “Human capital: migration and rural population change,” in Agricultural Production, vol. 1 of Handbook of Agricultural Economics, pp. 457–511, Elsevier, London, UK, 2001.
- D. X. Kan and L. W. Luo, “Empirical study on influence of foreign trade over human capital: based on provincial data in China,” Research on Economics and Management, no. 4, pp. 117–122, 2010.
- D. M. Gould and R. J. Ruffin, “Human capital, trade, and economic growth,” Review of World Economics, vol. 131, no. 3, pp. 425–445, 1995.
- J. Y. Wang, “Impact of institutional changes on the role of human capital and physic capital in the process of economic growth,” Chinese Journal of Population Science, no. 4, pp. 11–17, 2004.
- L. Y. Yu, “The ratio of education investment and differences in regional economic growth,” Economic Research Journal, no. 10, pp. 131–143, 2008.
- A. H. Dierx, “Estimation of a human capital model of migration,” The Annals of Regional Science, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 99–110, 1988.
- C. W. Lai, Essays on international trade and human capital [A Dissertation for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy], University of Virginia, 2008.