- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Dermatology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 353864, 4 pages
Tangential Biopsy Thickness versus Lesion Depth in Longitudinal Melanonychia: A Pilot Study
1Dermatologic Clinic, Hospital do Servidor Público Municipal de São Paulo, Rua Castro Alves 131, 01532-001 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
2Laboratório Paulista de Dermatologia Avenida Brigadeiro Luís Antônio 4315, Universidade Federal de São Paulo, 01401-002 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Received 21 November 2011; Accepted 20 December 2011
Academic Editor: Eckart Haneke
Copyright © 2012 Nilton Di Chiacchio et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Di Chiacchio, S. H. Hirata, M. Y. Enokihara, N. S. Michalany, G. Fabbrocini, and A. Tosti, “Dermatologists' accuracy in early diagnosis of melanoma of the nail matrix,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 146, no. 4, pp. 382–387, 2010.
- R. P. Braun, R. Baran, F. A. Le Gal et al., “Diagnosis and management of nail pigmentations,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 835–847, 2007.
- C. C. Banfield, J. C. Redburn, and R. P. R. Dawber, “The incidence and prognosis of nail apparatus melanoma. A retrospective study of 105 patients in four English regions,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 139, no. 2, pp. 276–279, 1998.
- R. H. Patterson and E. B. Helwig, “Subungual malignant melanoma: a clinical-pathologic study,” Cancer, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 2074–2087, 1980.
- E. G. Zook, R. Baran, E. Haneke, and R. P. R. Dawber, “Nail surgery and traumatic abnormalities,” in Baran and Dawber’s Diseases of the Nails and Their Management, R. Baran, R. P. R. Dawber, and D. A. R. de Berker, Eds., pp. 425–514, Blackwell Science, Malden, Mass, USA, 3rd edition, 2001.
- P. Rich, “Nail biopsy: indications and methods,” Journal of Dermatologic Surgery and Oncology, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 673–682, 1992.
- D. A. R. De Berker, “Lateral longitudinal nail biopsy,” Australasian Journal of Dermatology, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 142–144, 2001.
- P. Abimelec and C. Dumontier, “Basic and advanced nail surgery (part 1: principles and techniques),” in Nails: Diagnosis, Therapy, Surgery, R. K. Scher and C. R. Daniel III, Eds., pp. 265–289, Elsevier Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 3rd edition, 2005.
- E. Haneke and R. Baran, “Longitudinal melanonychia,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 580–584, 2001.
- N. Jellinek, “Nail matrix biopsy of longitudinal melanonychia: diagnostic algorithm including the matrix shave biopsy,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 803–810, 2007.
- T. Cohen, K. J. Busam, A. Patel, and M. S. Brady, “Subungual melanoma: management considerations,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 195, no. 2, pp. 244–248, 2008.
- E. K. Levit, M. H. Kagen, R. K. Scher, M. Grossman, and E. Altman, “The ABC rule for clinical detection of subungual melanoma,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 42, no. 2 I, pp. 269–274, 2000.
- S. H. Hirata, S. Yamada, M. Y. Enokihara et al., “Patterns of nail matrix and bed of longitudinal melanonychia by intraoperative dermatoscopy,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 297–303, 2011.
- S. H. Hirata, S. Yamada, F. A. Almeida et al., “Dermoscopic examination of the nail bed and matrix,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 28–30, 2006.