- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Dermatology Research and Practice
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 539153, 4 pages
Delayed Gel Indurations as an Adverse Effect of Polyacrylamide Filler and Its Easy Treatment
Hajdaie Dermatology Clinic, Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences (KUMS), Golestan Avenue, Kermanshah 6714653113, Iran
Received 11 July 2012; Accepted 18 September 2012
Academic Editor: Craig G. Burkhart
Copyright © 2012 Hossein Kavoussi and Ali Ebrahimi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Rao, J. Bentley, and M. P. Goldman, “Soft-tissue augmentation: skin filler,” in Advance Techniques in Dermatology Surgery, M. P. Goldman and R. A. Weiss, Eds., pp. 39–702, Taylor & Francis, New York, NY, USA, 1st edition, 2006.
- L. Baumann, M. Blyumin, and S. Saghari, “Dermal fillers,” in Cosmetic Dermatology: Principles and Practice, L. Baumann, Ed., pp. 191–211, McGraw Hill, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2009.
- I. Sánchez-Carpintero, D. Candelas, and R. Ruiz-Rodríguez, “Dermal fillers: types, indications, and complications,” Actas Dermo-Sifiliograficas, vol. 101, no. 5, pp. 381–393, 2010.
- C. Lindqvist, S. Tveten, B. E. Bondevik, and D. Fagrell, “A randomized, evaluator-blind, multicenter comparison of the efficacy and tolerability of Perlane versus Zyplast in the correction of nasolabial folds,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 115, no. 1, pp. 282–289, 2005.
- Y. L. Wilson and D. A. Ellis, “Permanent soft tissue fillers,” Facial Plastic Surgery, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 540–546, 2011.
- K. C. Smith, “Reversible versus nonreversible fillers in facial aesthetics: concerns and considerations,” Dermatology Online Journal, vol. 14, no. 8, article 3, 2008.
- V. Breiting, A. Aasted, A. Jorgensen, P. Opitz, and A. Rosetzsky, “A study on patients treated with polyacrylamide hydrogel injection for facial corrections,” Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 45–53, 2004.
- L. H. Christensen, “Host tissue interaction, fate, and risks of degradable and nondegradable gel fillers,” Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 35, no. 2, supplement, pp. 1612–1619, 2009.
- S. Ono, R. Ogawa, and H. Hyakusoku, “Complications after polyacrylamide hydrogel injection for soft-tissue augmentation,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 126, no. 4, pp. 1349–1357, 2010.
- S. Von Buelow and N. Pallua, “Efficacy and safety of polyacrylamide hydrogel for facial soft-tissue augmentation in a 2-year follow-up: a prospective multicenter study for evaluation of safety and aesthetic results in 101 patients,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 118, no. 3, supplement, pp. 85S–91S, 2006.
- N. Pallua and T. P. Wolter, “A 5-year assessment of safety and aesthetic results after facial soft-tissue augmentation with polyacrylamide hydrogel (Aquamid): a prospective multicenter study of 251 patients,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 125, no. 6, pp. 1797–1804, 2010.
- A. Kalantar-Hormozi, N. Mozafari, and M. Rasti, “Adverse effects after use of polyacrylamide gel as a facial soft tissue filler,” Aesthetic Surgery Journal, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 139–142, 2008.
- Y. B. Wang, J. J. Huang, Q. Qiao, Q. Zhuang, and F. H. Liu, “Clinically analyzing the possible side-effects after injecting hydrophilic polyacrylamide gel as a soft-tissue filler,” Chinese Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 328–330, 2003.
- A. Manafi, A. H. Emami, A. H. Pooli, M. Habibi, and L. Saidian, “Unacceptable results with an accepted soft tissue filler: polyacrylamide hydrogel,” Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 413–422, 2010.
- F. R. Grippaudo and M. Mattei, “High-frequency sonography of temporary and permanent dermal fillers,” Skin Research and Technology, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 265–269, 2010.
- T. P. Wolter and N. Pallua, “Removal of the permanent filler polyacrylamide hydrogel (Aquamid) is possible and easy even after several years,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 126, no. 3, pp. 138–139, 2010.
- Y. L. Wilson and D. A. F. Ellis, “Large needle suction aspiration of permanent fillers,” Laryngoscope, vol. 121, no. 10, pp. 2146–2149, 2011.