- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Dermatology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 193205, 4 pages
Skin Disorders among Elder Patients in a Referral Center in Northern Iran (2011)
1Department of Dermatology, Medical Faculty of Guilan University, Rasht, Iran
2Department of Preventive and Community Medicine, Medical Faculty of Guilan University, 4163545851 Rasht, Iran
Received 30 March 2013; Revised 3 June 2013; Accepted 6 June 2013
Academic Editor: Giuseppe Argenziano
Copyright © 2013 Abbas Darjani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- World Health Organization, “What are the public health implications of global ageing?” 2012, http://www.who.int/features/qa/42/en/index.html.
- World Health Organization, “Aging,” 2012, http://www.who.int/topics/ageing/en/.
- “United Nations World Population Ageing: 1950–2050, Countries of area: Iran (Islamic Republic of Iran),” http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/worldageing19502050/pdf/113iran%28.pdf.
- M. Abbasi kakroodi, F. Farzad, and F. Pakdaman, Picture of Old Ages in Guilan, Rasht, Guilan, Iran, 1st edition, 2011.
- B. Yalçin, E. Tamer, G. G. Toy, P. Öztaş, M. Hayran, and N. Alli, “The prevalence of skin diseases in the elderly: analysis of 4099 geriatric patients,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 672–676, 2006.
- R. Marks, “Skin disease in the elderly,” European Journal of Dermatology, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 460–461, 2006.
- S. G. Bilgili, A. S. Karadag, H. U. Ozkol, O. Calka, and N. Akdeniz, “The prevalence of skin diseases among the geriatric patients in Eastern Turkey,” Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association, vol. 62, no. 6, pp. 535–539, 2012.
- Y. H. Liao, K. H. Chen, M. P. Tseng, and C.-C. Sun, “Pattern of skin diseases in a geriatric patient group in Taiwan: a 7-year survey from the Outpatient Clinic of a University Medical Center,” Dermatology, vol. 203, no. 4, pp. 308–313, 2001.
- A. Souissi, F. Zeglaoui, N. El Fekih, B. Fazaa, B. Zouari, and M. R. Kamoun, “Skin diseases in the elderly: a multicentre Tunisian study,” Annales de Dermatologie et de Venereologie, vol. 133, no. 3, pp. 231–234, 2006.
- H. Cvitanović, E. Knežević, I. Kuljanac, and E. Jančić, “Skin disease in a geriatric patients group in outpatient dermatologic clinic Karlovac, Croatia,” Collegium Antropologicum, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 247–251, 2010.
- D. R. Smith and P. A. Leggat, “Prevalence of skin disease among the elderly in different clinical environments,” Australasian Journal on Ageing, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 71–76, 2005.
- C. S. Landefeld, R. M. Palmer, M. A. G. Johnson, C. B. Johnston, and W. L. Lyons, Current Geriatric Diagnosis & Treatment, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1st edition, 2004.
- T. P. Habif, Ed., Clinical Dermatology, Mosby Elsevier, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 5th edition, 2009.
- C. S. William Jr., “What is a skin tag?” 2012, http://www.medicinenet.com/skin_tag/article.htm.
- C. S. Landefeld, R. M. Palmer, M. A. G. Johnson, et al., Current Geriatric Diagnosis & Treatment, McGraw-Hill, 1st edition, 2004.
- M. R. Roodsari and F. Malekzad, “The prevalence of skin diseases among nursing-home patients in north tehran,” Clinical Dermatology: Retinoids and other Treatments, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 43–45, 2008.
- P. Rubegni, S. Poggiali, N. Nami, M. Rubegni, and M. Fimiani, “Skin diseases in geriatric patients: our experience from a public skin outpatient clinic in Siena,” Giornale Italiano di Dermatologia e Venereologia, vol. 147, no. 6, pp. 631–636, 2012.
- T. G. Berger and M. Steinhoff, “Pruritus in elderly patients-eruptions of senescence,” Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 113–117, 2011.
- P. C. Durai, D. M. Thappa, R. Kumari, and M. Malathi, “Aging in elderly: chronological versus photoaging,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, vol. 57, pp. 343–352, 2012.
- D. R. Smith, H. Kubo, S. Tang, and Z. Yamagata, “Skin disease among staff in a Japanese nursing home,” Journal of Occupational Health, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 60–62, 2003.
- D. R. Smith, R. Atkinson, S. Tang, and Z. Yamagata, “A survey of skin disease among patients in an Australian nursing home,” Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 336–340, 2002.
- D. R. Smith, H.-M. Sheu, F.-S. Hsieh, Y.-L. Lee, S.-J. Chang, and Y. L. Guo, “Prevalence of skin disease among nursing home patients in southern Taiwan,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 754–759, 2002.
- S. W. Chan, “Prevalence of skin problems in elderly homes residents in Hong Kong,” Hong Kong Journal of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 66–70, 2006.
- K. Weismann, R. Krakauer, and B. Wanscher, “Prevalence of skin diseases in old age,” Acta Dermato-Venereologica, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 352–353, 1980.