- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Dermatology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 389031, 6 pages
Psoriasis and Cardiovascular Risk: Assessment by CUORE Project Risk Score in Italian Patients
Department of Dermatology, University of Palermo, Via del Vespro 131, 90123 Palermo, Italy
Received 23 July 2013; Accepted 7 August 2013
Academic Editor: Ruben Queiro-Silva
Copyright © 2013 Spyridoula Doukaki et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. McDonald, M. Connolly, and A. M. Tobin, “A review of psoriasis, a known risk factor for cardiovascular disease and its impact on folate and homocysteine metabolism,” Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, vol. 2012, Article ID 965385, 4 pages, 2012.
- J. M. Hernánz, M. Sánchez-Regaña, R. Izu, et al., “Clinical and therapeutic evaluation of patients with moderate to severe psoriasis in Spain: the secuence study,” Actas Dermosifiliogr, vol. 103, no. 10, pp. 897–904, 2012.
- R. J. Ludwig, C. Herzog, A. Rostock et al., “Psoriasis: a possible risk factor for development of coronary artery calcification,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 156, no. 2, pp. 271–276, 2007.
- R. V. Patel, M. L. Shelling, S. Prodanovich, D. G. Federman, and R. S. Kirsner, “Psoriasis and vascular disease-risk factors and outcomes: a systematic review of the literature,” Journal of General Internal Medicine, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 1036–1049, 2011.
- D. Siegel, S. Devaraj, A. Mitra, S. P. Raychaudhuri, S. K. Raychaudhuri, and I. Jialal, “Inflammation, atherosclerosis, and psoriasis,” Clinical Reviews in Allergy and Immunology, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 194–204, 2013.
- A. L. Neimann, D. B. Shin, X. Wang, D. J. Margolis, A. B. Troxel, and J. M. Gelfand, “Prevalence of cardiovascular risk factors in patients with psoriasis,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 55, no. 5, pp. 829–835, 2006.
- S. P. Raychaudhuri, “A cutting edge overview: psoriatic disease,” Clinical Reviews in Allergy and Immunology, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 109–113, 2013.
- S. Prodanovich, R. S. Kirsner, J. D. Kravetz, F. Ma, L. Martinez, and D. G. Federman, “Association of psoriasis with coronary artery, cerebrovascular, and peripheral vascular diseases and mortality,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 145, no. 6, pp. 700–703, 2009.
- A. W. Armstrong, S. W. Lin, C. J. Chambers, M. E. Sockolov, and D. L. Chin, “Psoriasis and hypertension severity: results from a case-control study,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 3, Article ID e18227, 2011.
- M. Wakkee, W. Meijer, H. A. M. Neumann, R. M. C. Herings, and T. Nijsten, “Psoriasis may not be an independent predictor for the use of cardiovascular and anti-diabetic drugs: a 5-year prevalence study,” Acta Dermato-Venereologica, vol. 89, no. 5, pp. 476–483, 2009.
- R. M. Conroy, K. Pyörälä, A. P. Fitzgerald et al., “Estimation of ten-year risk of fatal cardiovascular disease in Europe: the SCORE project,” European Heart Journal, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 987–1003, 2003.
- R. Fernández-Torres, S. Pita-Fernández, and E. Fonseca, “Psoriasis and cardiovascular risk. Assessment by different cardiovascular risk scores,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 2012, 2012.
- S. Giampaoli, L. Palmieri, A. Mattiello, and S. Panico, “Definition of high risk individuals to optimise strategies for primary prevention of cardiovascular diseases,” Nutrition, Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 79–85, 2005.
- U. Mrowietz and K. Reich, “Psoriasis—new insights into pathogenesis and treatment,” Deutsches Arzteblatt, vol. 106, no. 1-2, pp. 11–19, 2009.
- K. M. Wittkowski, C. Leonardi, A. Gottlieb et al., “Clinical Symptoms of Skin, Nails, and Joints Manifest Independently in Patients with Concomitant Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 6, Article ID e20279, 2011.
- M. R. Bongiorno, S. Doukaki, D. Rizzo, and M. Aricò, “The prevalence of the obesity in patients with moderate to severe psoriasis in Sicily populations,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 92–93, 2010.
- H. Maradit-Kremers, M. Icen, F. C. Ernste, R. A. Dierkhising, and M. T. McEvoy, “Disease severity and therapy as predictors of cardiovascular risk in psoriasis: a population-based cohort study,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 336–343, 2012.
- J. M. Gelfand, A. B. Troxel, J. D. Lewis et al., “The risk of mortality in patients with psoriasis: results from a population-based study,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 143, no. 12, pp. 1493–1499, 2007.
- P. Gisondi, S. Farina, M. V. Giordano, and G. Girolomoni, “Usefulness of the framingham risk score in patients with chronic psoriasis,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 106, no. 12, pp. 1754–1757, 2010.
- D. J. F. Rosa, R. F. MacHado, F. A. T. Matias et al., “Influence of severity of the cutaneous manifestations and age on the prevalence of several cardiovascular risk factors in patients with psoriasis,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 348–353, 2012.
- W. J. Choi, E. J. Park, I. H. Kwon, K. H. Kim, and K. J. Kim, “Association between psoriasis and cardiovascular risk factors in korean patients,” Annals of Dermatology, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 300–306, 2010.
- A. B. Kimball, P. Szapary, U. Mrowietz et al., “Underdiagnosis and undertreatment of cardiovascular risk factors in patients with moderate to severe psoriasis,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 76–85, 2011.
- A. B. Kimball, D. Robinson Jr., Y. Wu et al., “Cardiovascular disease and risk factors among psoriasis patients in two US healthcare databases, 2001-2002,” Dermatology, vol. 217, no. 1, pp. 27–37, 2008.
- O. Ahlehoff, L. Skov, G. Gislason et al., “Pharmacological undertreatment of coronary risk factors in patients with psoriasis: observational study of the danish nationwide registries,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 4, Article ID e36342, 2012.
- D. Di Lisi, F. Macaione, E. Corrado et al., “Cardiovascular risk profile of patients with psoriasis,” Recenti Progressi in Medicina, vol. 104, no. 3, pp. 102–105, 2013.