- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Dermatology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 921737, 7 pages
Psoriasis Patients’ Knowledge about the Disease and Treatments
1Department of Health Sciences, Institute of Health and Society, University of Oslo, P.O. Box 1089, Blindern, 0317 Oslo, Norway
2Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Medical Faculty, University of Oslo, P.O. Box 1111, Blindern, 0317 Oslo, Norway
3Faculty of Health and Social Sciences, Bergen University College, P.O. Box 7030, 5020 Bergen, Norway
4Section for Climate Therapy, Oslo University Hospital, P.O. Box 4950, Nydalen, 0424 Oslo, Norway
5Department of Dermatology, Oslo University Hospital, P.O. Box 4950, Nydalen, 0424 Oslo, Norway
Received 25 April 2013; Accepted 3 June 2013
Academic Editor: Pablo Coto-Segura
Copyright © 2013 Astrid Klopstad Wahl et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. H. Osborne, G. R. Elsworth, and K. Whitfield, “The Health Education Impact Questionnaire (heiQ): an outcomes and evaluation measure for patient education and self-management interventions for people with chronic conditions,” Patient Education and Counseling, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 192–201, 2007.
- J. de Korte, M. A. G. Sprangers, F. M. C. Mombers, and J. D. Bos, “Quality of life in patients with psoriasis: a systematic literature review,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology Symposium Proceedings, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 140–147, 2004.
- F. Sampogna, S. Tabolli, and D. Abeni, “Living with psoriasis: prevalence of shame, anger, worry, and problems in daily activities and social life,” Acta Dermato-Venereologica, vol. 92, no. 3, pp. 299–303, 2012.
- H. L. Richards, D. G. Fortune, T. M. O'Sullivan, C. J. Main, and C. E. M. Griffiths, “Patients with psoriasis and their compliance with medication,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 581–583, 1999.
- S. S. Zaghloul and M. J. D. Goodfield, “Objective Assessment of Compliance with Psoriasis Treatment,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 140, no. 4, pp. 408–414, 2004.
- S. W. Lanigan and A. Layton, “Level of knowledge and information sources used by patients with psoriasis,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 125, no. 4, pp. 340–342, 1991.
- S. W. Lanigan and E. M. Farber, “Patients' knowledge of psoriasis: pilot study,” Cutis, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 359–362, 1990.
- C. Renzi, C. Di Pietro, and S. Tabolli, “Participation, satisfaction and knowledge level of patients with cutaneous psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis,” Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, vol. 36, no. 8, pp. 885–888, 2011.
- Y.-Y. Leung, L. S. Tam, K. W. Lee, M. H. Leung, E. W. Kun, and E. K. Li, “Involvement, satisfaction and unmet health care needs in patients with psoriatic arthritis,” Rheumatology, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 53–56, 2009.
- C. Renzi, C. Di Pietro, P. Gisondi et al., “Insufficient knowledge among psoriasis patients can represent a barrier to participation in decision-making,” Acta Dermato-Venereologica, vol. 86, no. 6, pp. 528–534, 2006.
- Norwegian Official Reports (NOU), Treatment abroad, 2002.
- A. K. Wahl, C. Mørk, B. A. Cooper, and G. Padilla, “No long-term changes in psoriasis severity and quality of life following climate therapy,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 699–701, 2005.
- V. Lora, P. Gisondi, A. Calza, M. Zanoni, and G. Girolomoni, “Efficacy of a single educative intervention in patients with chronic plaque psoriasis,” Dermatology, vol. 219, no. 4, pp. 316–321, 2009.
- C. Pagliarello, A. Calza, E. Armani, C. di Pietro, and S. Tabolli, “Effectiveness of an empowerment-based intervention for psoriasis among patients attending a medical spa,” European Journal of Dermatology, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 62–66, 2011.
- E. Lubrano, P. Helliwell, W. Parsons, P. Emery, and D. Veale, “Patient education in psoriatic arthritis: a cross sectional study on knowledge by a validated self-administered questionnaire,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 1560–1565, 1998.
- S. N. Tham and Y. K. Tay, “A questionnaire-based survey of patients' knowledge of psoriasis at the National Skin Centre,” Annals of the Academy of Medicine Singapore, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 415–420, 1995.