- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Dermatology Research and Practice
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 941740, 3 pages
Cutis Verticis Gyrata in Men Affected by HIV-Related Lipodystrophy
1Department of Dermatology, UCSF School of Medicine, 1701 Divisadero Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
2Department of Medicine, Endocrinology, UCSF School of Medicine, SFGH Building 30, 1001 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Received 25 June 2013; Accepted 9 August 2013
Academic Editor: Elizabeth Helen Kemp
Copyright © 2013 Keshav Khanijow et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Miller, A. Carr, S. Emery et al., “HIV lipodystrophy: prevalence, severity and correlates of risk in Australia,” HIV Medicine, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 293–301, 2003.
- L. Waters and M. Nelson, “Long-term complications of antiretroviral therapy: lipoatrophy,” International Journal of Clinical Practice, vol. 61, no. 6, pp. 999–1014, 2007.
- S. Tsiodras, C. Mantzoros, S. Hammer, and M. Samore, “Effects of protease inhibitors on hyperglycemia, hyperlipidemia, and lipodystrophy: a 5-year cohort study,” Archives of Internal Medicine, vol. 160, no. 13, pp. 2050–2056, 2000.
- A. Carr, K. Samaras, S. Burton et al., “A syndrome of peripheral lipodystrophy, hyperlipidaemia and insulin resistance in patients receiving HIV protease inhibitors,” AIDS, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. F51–F58, 1998.
- R. Corbalán-Vélez, A. Pérez-Ferriols, and A. Aliaga-Bouiche, “Cutis verticis gyrata secondary to hypothyroid myxedema,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 781–783, 1999.
- J. Ulrich, I. Franke, and H. Gollnick, “Cutis verticis gyrata secondary to acne scleroticans capitis,” Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 499–502, 2004.
- N. Q. Nguyen, “Cutis verticis gyrata,” Dermatology Online Journal, vol. 9, no. 4, article 32, 2003.
- A. Sommer, T. Gambichler, P. Altmeyer, and A. Kreuter, “A case of cutis verticis gyrata, induced by misuse of anabolic substances?” Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 134–136, 2006.
- J. Bolognia, J. Jorizzo, and J. Schaffer, “Cutis verticis gyrata,” in Dermatology, vol. 2, p. 1626, Elsevier, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2009.
- Y. J. Hsu, Y. J. Chang, L. H. Su, and Y. L. Hsu, “Using novel subcision technique for the treatment of primary essential cutis verticis gyrata,” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 307–309, 2009.
- E. Hammond, E. McKinnon, and D. Nolan, “Human immunodeficiency virus treatment-induced adipose tissue pathology and lipoatrophy: prevalence and metabolic consequences,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 591–599, 2010.
- A. Carr, S. Emery, M. Law et al., “An objective case definition of lipodystrophy in HIV-infected adults: a case-control study,” The Lancet, vol. 361, no. 9359, pp. 726–735, 2003.
- E. Martínez, M. Larrousse, D. Podzamczer, and J. M. Gatell, “Objective amount of limb fat in HIV-infected subjects with subjective diagnosis of lipoatrophy,” HIV Medicine, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 257–261, 2009.