- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Depression Research and Treatment
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 839743, 9 pages
Disruption of Circadian Rhythms: A Crucial Factor in the Etiology of Depression
1Departamento de Biología Celular y Fisiología, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 04306 México, DF, Mexico
2Departamento de Anatomía, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 04306 México, DF, Mexico
Received 31 January 2011; Revised 4 May 2011; Accepted 6 June 2011
Academic Editor: Dietrich van Calker
Copyright © 2011 Roberto Salgado-Delgado et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Tamás Halmos, and Ilona Suba, “A cirkadián CLOCK-rendszer élettani és patológiai szerepe,” Orvosi Hetilap, vol. 153, no. 35, pp. 1370–1379, 2012.
- Ilona Merikanto, Erkki Kronholm, Markku Peltonen, Tiina Laatikainen, Tuuli Lahti, and Timo Partonen, “Relation of Chronotype to Sleep Complaints in the General Finnish Population,” Chronobiology International, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 311–317, 2012.
- Philippe Courtet, and Emilie Olié, “Circadian dimension and severity of depression,” European Neuropsychopharmacology, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. S476–S481, 2012.
- Maria Eugenia Mesquita, Maria Eliza Pupo Finazzi, Leandro Lourenção Duarte, Lee Fu-I, José Alberto Del-Porto, and Luiz Menna-Barreto, “Circadian synchronization linked to a successful treatment in a severely depressed adolescent,” Primary Care Companion to the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, vol. 14, no. 3, 2012.
- Araceli Tapia-Osorio, Roberto Salgado-Delgado, Manuel Angeles-Castellanos, and Carolina Escobar, “Disruption of circadian rhythms due to chronic constant light leads to depressive and anxiety-like behaviors in the rat,” Behavioural Brain Research, vol. 252, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Ritsaert Lieverse, Rinske de Vries, Adriaan W. Hoogendoorn, Johannes H. Smit, and Witte J. G. Hoogendijk, “Social Support and Social Rhythm Regularity in Elderly Patients with Major Depressive Disorder,” American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 1144–1153, 2013.
- B. Rothschild-Fuentes, A. Roche, A. Jiménez-Genchi, J.C. Sánchez-Ferrer, A. Fresan, and J. Muñoz-Delgado, “Effects of mirtazapine on the sleep wake rhythm of geriatric patients with major depression: An exploratory study with actigraphy,” Pharmacopsychiatry, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 59–62, 2013.
- Yukihiro Noda, Ken Watanabe, Toshitaka Nabeshima, and Akihiro Mouri, “The roles of MAGE-D1 in the neuronal functions and pathology of the central nervous system,” Reviews In The Neurosciences, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 61–70, 2013.
- V. D. K. Reddy, “Effect of restricted feeding on nocturnality and daily leptin rhythms in OVLT in aged male Wistar rats,” Biogerontology, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 245–256, 2014.
- Marko Miler, Branka Šošić-Jurjević, Nataša Nestorović, Nataša Ristić, Ivana Medigović, Svetlana Savin, and Verica Milošević, “Morphological and functional changes in pituitary-thyroid axis following prolonged exposure of female rats to constant light,” Journal of Morphology, vol. 275, no. 10, pp. 1161–1172, 2014.
- Shilan Aslani, Mazen R. Harb, Patricio S. Costa, Osborne F. X. Almeida, Nuno Sousa, and Joana A. Palha, “Day and night: diurnal phase influences the response to chronic mild stress,” Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience, vol. 8, 2014.
- Marco Brancaccio, Ryosuke Enoki, Cristina N. Mazuski, Jeff Jones, Jennifer A. Evans, and Abdelhalim Azzi, “Network-Mediated Encoding of Circadian Time: The Suprachiasmatic Nucleus (SCN) from Genes to Neurons to Circuits, and Back,” Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 34, no. 46, pp. 15192–15199, 2014.