- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Depression Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 235646, 8 pages
Consumer Feedback following Participation in a Family-Based Intervention for Youth Mental Health
Centre for Mental Health and Wellbeing Research, School of Psychology, Faculty of Health, Deakin University,
Melbourne, VIC 3125, Australia
Received 1 June 2012; Revised 24 July 2012; Accepted 24 July 2012
Academic Editor: Amy Kilbourne
Copyright © 2012 Andrew J. Lewis et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Roxon, J. Macklin, and M. Butler, Budget: National Mental Health Reform Ministerial Statement, Can Print Communications, Canberra, Australia, 2011.
- P. D. McGorry, A. G. Parker, and R. Purcell, “Youth mental health services,” InPsych Bulletin, 2006, http://www.psychology.org.au/publications/inpsych/youth_mental_health.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, “Mental health of young people,” Cat 4840.0.55.001, Australian Bureau of Statistics, Canberra, Australia, 2007.
- I. B. Hickie, “Youth mental health: we know where we are and we can now say where we need to go next,” Early Intervention in Psychiatry, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 63–69, 2011.
- B. McDermott, M. Baigent, and A. Chanen, beyondblue Expert Working Committee Clinical Practice Guidelines: Depression in Adolescents and Young Adults, Beyondblue: The National Depression Initiative, Melbourne, Australia, 2010.
- A. Angold, E. J. Costello, and C. M. Worthman, “Puberty and depression: the roles of age, pubertal status and pubertal timing,” Psychological Medicine, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 51–61, 1998.
- D. A. Brent, J. A. Perper, G. Moritz et al., “Psychiatric risk factors for adolescent suicide: a case-control study,” Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 521–529, 1993.
- D. M. Fergusson, L. J. Horwood, E. M. Ridder, and A. L. Beautrais, “Sexual orientation and mental health in a birth cohort of young adults,” Psychological Medicine, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 971–981, 2005.
- G. Parker and K. Roy, “Adolescent depression: a review,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 572–580, 2001.
- G. Saluja, R. Iachan, P. C. Scheidt, M. D. Overpeck, W. Sun, and J. N. Giedd, “Prevalence of and risk factors for depressive symptoms among young adolescents,” Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, vol. 158, no. 8, pp. 760–765, 2004.
- G. Andrews, C. Issakidis, K. Sanderson, J. Corry, and H. Lapsley, “Utilising survey data to inform public policy: comparison of the cost-effectiveness of treatment of ten mental disorders,” British Journal of Psychiatry, vol. 184, pp. 526–533, 2004.
- D. Chisholm, K. Sanderson, J. L. Ayuso-Mateos, and S. Saxena, “Reducing the global burden of depression: population-level analysis of intervention cost-effectiveness in 14 world regions,” British Journal of Psychiatry, vol. 184, pp. 393–403, 2004.
- J. Toumbourou and J. Bamberg, “Behaviour Exchange and Systems Training-Plus,” Unpublished Manual. 2010.
- D. A. Chambers, H. Ringeisen, and E. E. Hickman, “Federal, state, and foundation initiatives around evidence-based practices for child and adolescent mental health,” Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 307–327, 2005.
- J. R. Weisz, I. N. Sandler, J. A. Durlak, and B. S. Anton, “Promoting and protecting youth mental health through evidence-based prevention and treatment,” American Psychologist, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 628–648, 2005.
- L. W. Green and R. E. Glasgow, “Evaluating the relevance, generalization, and applicability of research: issues in external validation and translation methodology,” Evaluation and the Health Professions, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 126–153, 2006.
- R. Grol and R. Jones, “Twenty years of implementation research,” Family Practice, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. S32–S35, 2000.
- J. Toumbourou, A. Blyth, J. Bamberg, G. Bowes, and T. Douvos, “Behaviour exchange systems training: the “BEST-Plus” approach for parents stressed by adolescent drug problems,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Family Therapy, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 92–98, 1997.
- A. Blyth, J. H. Bamberg, and J. W. Toumbourou, BEST-Plus Behaviour Exchange Systems Training: A Program for Parents Stressed by Adolescent Substance Abuse, Acer Press, Camberwell, Victoria, 2000.
- J. H. Bamberg, J. W. Toumbourou, and R. Marks, “Including the siblings of youth substance abusers in a parent-focused intervention: A pilot test of the BEST-Plus program,” Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 281–291, 2008.
- J. W. Toumbourou and J. H. Bamberg, “Including the siblings of youth substance abusers in a parent-focused intervention: a pilot test of the BEST-Plus program,” Substance Use & Misuse, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 1829–1843, 2008.
- M. G. Sawyer, F. M. Arney, P. A. Baghurst et al., “The mental health of young people in Australia: Key findings from the child and adolescent component of the national survey of mental health and well-being,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 806–814, 2001.
- M. Bloor, J. Frankland, M. Thomas, and cRobson, Focus Groups in Social Research, Sage, London, UK, 2001.
- T. Groenewald, “A phenomenological research design illustrated1,” International Journal of Qualitative Methods, vol. 3, pp. 110–143, 2004.
- T. J. Nehmy, “School-based prevention of depression and anxiety in Australia: Current state and future directions,” Clinical Psychologist, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 74–83, 2010.
- A. J. Lewis, M. D. Bertino, J. Toumbourou, R. Pryor, and T. Knight, “Behaviour Exchange and Systems Training-MOOD,” Unpublished Manual. 2012.