- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Depression Research and Treatment
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 684725, 10 pages
Antidepressant Treatment for Acute Bipolar Depression: An Update
1Geha Mental Health Center, Research Unit, P.O. Box 102, Petach Tikva 49100, Israel
2Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, P.O. Box 39040, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Received 23 October 2011; Accepted 29 November 2011
Academic Editor: Po-See Chen
Copyright © 2012 Ben H. Amit and Abraham Weizman. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Anne Haeberle, Waldemar Greil, Stefan Russmann, and Renate Grohmann, “Mono- and combination drug therapies in hospitalized patients with bipolar depression. Data from the European drug surveillance program AMSP,” Bmc Psychiatry, vol. 12, 2012.
- Narong Maneeton, Benchalak Maneeton, Manit Srisurapanont, and Stephen D. Martin, “Quetiapine monotherapy in acute phase for major depressive disorder: a meta -analysis of randomized, placebo-controlled trials,” Bmc Psychiatry, vol. 12, 2012.
- Ilenia Infusino, Erika Frusciante, Carlo Alberto Ferrero, and Mauro Panteghini, “Commutability of two JCTLM-listed secondary reference materials for two commercial lithium assays,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 414, pp. 152–153, 2012.
- Yu-Tao Xiang, Da-Fang Chen, Zheng Lu, Hai-Chen Yang, Jian Hu, Zhi-Yu Chen, Yi Huang, Jing Sun, Xiao-Ping Wang, Hui-Chun Li, Jin-Bei Zhang, Chen Hu, Helen F. K. Chiu, Gang Wang, Qi-Wen Zheng, Yi-Ru Fang, Gabor S. Ungvari, Amy M. Kilbourne, Kelly Y. C. Lai, and Tian-Mei Si, “Prescribing patterns of antidepressants, antipsychotics and mood stabilizers in bipolar patients misdiagnosed with major depressive disorder in China,” Human Psychopharmacology, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 626–631, 2012.
- Ulrich Hegerl, and Tilman Hensch, “The vigilance regulation model of affective disorders and ADHD,” Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 2012.
- Michele Fornaro, Matteo Martino, Concetta De Pasquale, and Driss Moussaoui, “The argument of antidepressant drugs in the treatment of bipolar depression: Mixed evidence or mixed states?,” Expert Opinion on Pharmacotherapy, vol. 13, no. 14, pp. 2037–2051, 2012.
- Peter Dome, and Xenia Gonda, “Antidepressant Response and Subthreshold Bipolarity in "Unipolar" Major Dep ressive Disorder Implications for Practice and Drug Research,” Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 449–452, 2013.
- L. Tondo, R. J. Baldessarini, G. Vazquez, B. Lepri, and C. Visioli, “Clinical responses to antidepressants among 1036 acutely depressed patients with bipolar or unipolar major affective disorders,” Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, vol. 127, no. 5, pp. 355–364, 2013.
- Terry Ann Glauser, Wendy Cerenzia, Shereta Wiley, Alexandra Howson, and Michael Thase, “Identifying psychiatrists' practice patterns when managing depression in patients with bipolar i disorder: A descriptive study to inform education needs,” Postgraduate Medicine, vol. 125, no. 1, pp. 144–153, 2013.
- Bernardo Dell'Osso, Terence A. Ketter, Laura Cremaschi, Gregorio Spagnolin, and A. Carlo Altamura, “Assessing the roles of stimulants/stimulant-like drugs and dopamine-agonists in the treatment of bipolar depression,” Current Psychiatry Reports, vol. 15, no. 8, 2013.
- Claudia Del Grande, Donatella Marazziti, and Liliana Dell'Osso, “Treatment of bipolar depression,” Cns Spectrums, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 177–187, 2013.
- Leonardo Tondo, Juan Undurraga, and Ross J. Baldessarini, “Overview of antidepressant treatment of bipolar depression,” International Journal Of Neuropsychopharmacology, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 1673–1685, 2013.
- Paul E. Keck, “Metabolic Syndrome in Bipolar Disorder: A Review With a Focus on Bipolar De pression,” Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 46–61, 2014.