- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 139563, 7 pages
Accuracy and Quality Assessment of EUS-FNA: A Single-Center Large Cohort of Biopsies
1Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, The Bruce and Ruth Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Israel
2Technion-Israel Institute of Technology and EUS Service, The Bruce and Ruth Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Rambam Healthcare Campus, Haifa, Israel
3Departments of Gastroenterology and Community Medicine, Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa, Israel
4Oncology Ambulatory Care, Rambam Healthcare Campus, Haifa, Israel
Received 23 May 2012; Accepted 28 August 2012
Academic Editor: Arthur Hoffman
Copyright © 2012 Benjamin Ephraim Bluen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Vilmann and A. Saftoiu, “Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy: equipment and technique,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 1646–1655, 2006.
- J. Lachter, R. Feldman, I. Krief, and R. Reshef, “Satisfaction of the referring physician: a quality control study focusing on EUS,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 889–893, 2007.
- H. E. Martin and E. B. Ellis, “Biopsy by needle puncture and aspiration,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 92, no. 2, pp. 169–181, 1930.
- D. Anand, J. E. Barroeta, P. K. Gupta, M. Kochman, and Z. W. Baloch, “Endoscopic ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration of non-pancreatic lesions: an institutional experience,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 60, no. 11, pp. 1254–1262, 2007.
- A. S. Can, “Cost-effectiveness comparison between palpation- and ultrasound-guided thyroid fine-needle aspiration biopsies,” BMC Endocrine Disorders, vol. 9, article 14, 2009.
- L. V. Hernandez and M. S. Butani, “Emerging applications of endoscopic ultrasound in gastrointestinal cancers,” Gastrointestinal Cancer Research, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 198–202, 2008.
- J. S. Bentz, M. L. Kochman, D. O. Faigel, G. G. Ginsberg, D. B. Smith, and P. K. Gupta, “Endoscopic ultrasound-guided real-time fine-needle aspiration: clinicopathologic features of 60 patients,” Diagnostic Cytopathology, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 98–109, 1998.
- A. Gines, S. D. Cassivi, J. A. Martenson et al., “Impact of endoscopic ultrasonography and physician specialty on the management of patients with esophagus cancer,” Diseases of the Esophagus, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 241–250, 2008.
- J. M. Dumanceau, M. Polkowski, A. Larghi, et al., “Indications, results, and clinical impact of Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)-guided sampling in gastroenterology, European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE) clinical guideline,” Endoscopy, vol. 43, pp. 1–16, 2011.
- N. Alhayaf, E. Lalor, V. Bain, J. McKaigney, and G. S. Sandha, “The clinical impact and cost implications of endoscopic ultrasound on the use of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography in a Canadian university hospital,” Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 138–142, 2008.
- J. Lachter, A. Rubin, M. Shiller et al., “Linear EUS for bile duct stones,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 51–54, 2000.
- J. Lachter and S. Zelikovsky, “EUS changes diagnosis from pancreatic to gallbladder carcinoma,” International Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer, vol. 32, no. 2-3, pp. 161–164, 2002.
- M. M. C. Hirdes, M. P. Schwartz, K. M. A. J. Tytgat et al., “Performance of EUS-FNA for mediastinal lymphadenopathy: impact on patient management and costs in low-volume EUS centers,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 2260–2267, 2010.
- S. Yoshinaga, H. Suzuki, I. Oda, and Y. Saito, “Role of endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration (EUS-FNA) for diagnosis of solid pancreatic masses,” Digestive Endoscopy, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 29–33, 2011.
- O. Nakahara, K. Yamao, V. Bhatia et al., “Usefulness of endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration (EUS-FNA) for undiagnosed intra-abdominal lymphadenopathy,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 562–567, 2009.
- L. Bataille, M. Lonneux, B. Weynand, D. Schoonbroodt, P. Collard, and P. H. Deprez, “EUS-FNA and FDG-PET are complementary procedures in the diagnosis of enlarged mediastinal lymph nodes,” Acta Gastro-Enterologica Belgica, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 219–229, 2008.
- W. R. Brugge, K. Lewandrowski, E. Lee-Lewandrowski et al., “Diagnosis of pancreatic cystic neoplasms: a report of the cooperative pancreatic cyst study,” Gastroenterology, vol. 126, no. 5, pp. 1330–1336, 2004.
- H. Imazu, Y. Uchiyama, H. Kakutani et al., “A prospective comparison of EUS-guided FNA using 25-gauge and 22-gauge needles,” Gastroenterology Research and Practice, vol. 2009, Article ID 546390, 6 pages, 2009.
- R. A. Erickson, L. Sayage-Rabie, and R. S. Beissner, “Factors predicting the number of EUS-guided fine-needle passes for diagnosis of pancreatic malignancies,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 184–190, 2000.
- K. X. Wang, Q. W. Ben, Z. D. Jin et al., “Assessment of morbidity and mortality associated with EUS-guided FNA: a systematic review,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 283–290, 2011.
- J. Lachter, J. J. Cooperman, M. Shiller et al., “The impact of endoscopic ultrasonography on the management of suspected pancreatic cancer—a comprehensive longitudinal continuous evaluation,” Pancreas, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 130–134, 2007.