- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 219521, 6 pages
Endoscopic-Ultrasound-Guided Tissue Sampling Facilitates the Detection of Local Recurrence and Extra Pelvic Metastasis in Pelvic Urologic Malignancy
1Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
2Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Received 29 January 2012; Revised 10 April 2012; Accepted 24 April 2012
Academic Editor: Timothy A. Woodward
Copyright © 2012 Ferga C. Gleeson et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. U. Malmström, “Lymph node staging in prostatic carcinoma revisited,” Acta Oncologica, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 593–598, 2005.
- T. K. Jensen, P. Holt, O. Gerke et al., “Preoperative lymph-node staging of invasive urothelial bladder cancer with 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed axial tomography and magnetic resonance imaging: correlation with histopathology,” Scandinavian Journal of Urology and Nephrology, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 122–128, 2011.
- A. Häcker, S. Jeschke, K. Leeb et al., “Detection of pelvic lymph node metastases in patients with clinically localized prostate cancer: comparison of [18F] fluorocholine positron emission tomography-computerized tomography and laparoscopic radioisotope guided sentinel lymph node dissection,” Journal of Urology, vol. 176, no. 5, pp. 2014–2019, 2006.
- A. M. Hövels, R. A. M. Heesakkers, E. M. Adang et al., “The diagnostic accuracy of CT and MRI in the staging of pelvic lymph nodes in patients with prostate cancer: a meta-analysis,” Clinical Radiology, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 387–395, 2008.
- E. L. A. Artifon, P. Sakai, S. Ishioka et al., “EUS for locoregional staging of prostate cancer-a pilot study,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 440–447, 2007.
- E. L. Artifon, M. Srougi, A. M. Lucon, P. Sakai, and M. S. Bhutani, “Endoscopic ultrasound with fine-needle aspiration facilitates diagnosis of metastatic iliac lymph node invasion in prostate cancer,” Endoscopy, vol. 41, pp. E243–244, 2009.
- N. E. Perez, S. Maryala, S. Seren, J. Feng, V. Pansare, and R. Dhar, “Metastatic prostate cancer presenting as mediastinal lymphadenopathy identified by EUS with FNA,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 948–949, 2007.
- M. S. Bhutani, “EUS and EUS-guided fine-needle aspiration for the diagnosis of rectal linitis plastica secondary to prostate carcinoma,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 117–119, 1999.
- M. A. Eloubeidi, S. Varadarajulu, R. El-Galley, A. J. Bueschen, and I. Eltoum, “EUS-guided FNA for the diagnosis of recurrent bladder cancer through the ileal conduit: a novel approach,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 450–453, 2006.
- F. C. Gleeson, J. E. Clain, E. Rajan et al., “Secondary linitis plastica of the rectum: EUS features and tissue diagnosis (with video),” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 591–596, 2008.
- S. Varadarajulu and Y. T. Lee, “EUS 2008 Working Group document: evaluation of EUS-guided drainage of pelvic-fluid collections (with video),” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. S32–S36, 2009.
- M. Giovanni, E. Bories, V. Moutardier et al., “Drainage of deep pelvic abscesses using therapeutic echo endoscopy,” Endoscopy, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 511–514, 2003.
- S. Varadarajulu and E. R. Drelichman, “EUS-guided drainage of pelvic abscess (with video),” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 372–376, 2007.
- R. Puri, M. A. Eloubeidi, R. Sud, M. Kumar, and P. Jain, “Endoscopic ultrasound-guided drainage of pelvic abscess without fluoroscopy guidance,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 1416–1419, 2010.
- J. Yang, M. Abdel-Wahab, and A. Ribeiro, “EUS-guided fiducial placement before targeted radiation therapy for prostate cancer,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 579–583, 2009.
- J. Yang, M. Abdel-Wahab, and A. Ribeiro, “EUS-guided fiducial placement after radical prostatectomy before targeted radiation therapy for prostate cancer recurrence,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 73, no. 6, pp. 1302–1305, 2011.
- A. B. Shinagare, N. H. Ramaiya, J. P. Jagannathan, F. M. Fennessy, M. E. Taplin, and A. D. Van Den Abbeele, “Metastatic pattern of bladder cancer: correlation with the characteristics of the primary tumor,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 196, no. 1, pp. 117–122, 2011.
- H. Kitamura, F. Takei, S. Nishida, T. Muranaka, N. Masumori, and T. Tsukamoto, “Lymph node metastasis mapping in extended lymphadenectomy to the level of the inferior mesenteric artery for bladder cancer,” International Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 63–68, 2012.
- A. S. Kibel, F. Dehdashti, M. D. Katz et al., “Prospective study of [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography for staging of muscle-invasive bladder carcinoma,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 27, no. 26, pp. 4314–4320, 2009.
- Z. Li, F. Qi, J. Miao et al., “Vascular endothelial growth factor-C associated with computed tomography used in the diagnosis of lymph node metastasis of bladder carcinoma,” Archives of Medical Research, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 606–610, 2010.
- M. Roscigno, V. Scattoni, M. Raber et al., “The role of transrectal ultrasound of the prostatic fossa in the diagnosis of local recurrence after radical prostatectomy in case of PSA failure,” Archivio Italiano di Urologia e Andrologia, vol. 74, no. 4, pp. 304–308, 2002.
- H. J. M. Meijer, E. N. van Lin, O. A. Debats et al., “High occurrence of aberrant lymph node spread on magnetic resonance lymphography in prostate cancer patients with a biochemical recurrence after radical prostatectomy,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics, vol. 82, no. 4, pp. 1405–1410, 2011.