- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 278045, 6 pages
The Learning Curve of Gastric Intestinal Metaplasia Interpretation on the Images Obtained by Probe-Based Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy
1Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
2Department of Pathology, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Received 24 August 2012; Accepted 9 November 2012
Academic Editor: Helmut Neumann
Copyright © 2012 Rapat Pittayanon et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Ferlay, H. R. Shin, F. Bray, D. Forman, C. Mathers, and D. M. Parkin, “Estimates of worldwide burden of cancer in 2008: GLOBOCAN 2008,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 127, no. 12, pp. 2893–2917, 2010.
- J. G. Fox and T. C. Wang, “Inflammation, atrophy, and gastric cancer,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 117, no. 1, pp. 60–69, 2007.
- P. Correa, M. B. Piazuelo, and K. T. Wilson, “Pathology of gastric intestinal metaplasia: clinical implications,” The American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 105, no. 3, pp. 493–498, 2010.
- R. Pittayanon, R. Rerknimitr, W. Ridtitid, et al., “Magnified intelligence chromoendoscopy (FICE) plus probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy (pCLE) for gastric intestinal metaplasia (GIM) diagnosis: a pilot feasibility trial,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 73, no. 4, Article ID AB164, 2011.
- T. Kuiper, R. Kiesslich, C. Ponsioen, P. Fockens, and E. Dekker, “The learning curve, accuracy, and interobserver agreement of endoscope-based confocal laser endomicroscopy for the differentiation of colorectal lesions,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 75, no. 6, pp. 1211–1217, 2012.
- A. M. Buchner, V. Gomez, M. G. Heckman et al., “The learning curve of in vivo probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy for prediction of colorectal neoplasia,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 556–560, 2011.
- H. Neumann, M. Vieth, R. Atreya, M. F. Neurath, and J. Mudter, “Prospective evaluation of the learning curve of confocal laser endomicroscopy in patients with IBD,” Histology and Histopathology, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 867–872, 2011.
- S. Gaddam, S. C. Mathur, M. Singh, et al., “Novel probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy criteria and interobserver agreement for the detection of dysplasia in Barrett's esophagus,” The American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 106, no. 11, pp. 1961–1969, 2011.
- R. Kiesslich, J. Burg, M. Vieth et al., “Confocal laser endoscopy for diagnosing intraepithelial neoplasias and colorectal cancer in vivo,” Gastroenterology, vol. 127, no. 3, pp. 706–713, 2004.
- A. Meining, “Confocal endomicroscopy,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Clinics of North America, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 629–635, 2009.
- R. Kiesslich and M. I. Canto, “Confocal laser endomicroscopy,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Clinics of North America, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 261–272, 2009.
- A. L. Polglase, W. J. McLaren, S. A. Skinner, R. Kiesslich, M. F. Neurath, and P. M. Delaney, “A fluorescence confocal endomicroscope for in vivo microscopy of the upper- and the lower-GI tract,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 686–695, 2005.
- A. Hoffman, M. Goetz, M. Vieth, P. R. Galle, M. F. Neurath, and R. Klesslich, “Confocal laser endomicroscopy: technical status and current indications,” Endoscopy, vol. 38, no. 12, pp. 1275–1283, 2006.
- N. Q. Nguyen and R. W. L. Leong, “Current application of confocal endomicroscopy in gastrointestinal disorders,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 1483–1491, 2008.
- X. J. Xie, C. Q. Li, X. L. Zuo et al., “Differentiation of colonic polyps by confocal laser endomicroscopy,” Endoscopy, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 87–93, 2011.
- W. B. Li, X. L. Zuo, C. Q. Li et al., “Diagnostic value of confocal laser endomicroscopy for gastric superficial cancerous lesions,” Gut, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 299–306, 2011.
- K. B. Dunbar, P. Okolo III, E. Montgomery, and M. I. Canto, “Confocal laser endomicroscopy in Barrett's esophagus and endoscopically inapparent Barrett's neoplasia: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, controlled, crossover trial,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 645–654, 2009.
- A. Meining, Y. K. Chen, D. Pleskow et al., “Direct visualization of indeterminate pancreaticobiliary strictures with probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy: a multicenter experience,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 74, no. 5, pp. 961–968, 2011.
- K. B. Dunbar and M. I. Canto, “Confocal laser endomicroscopy in Barrett's esophagus and endoscopically inapparent Barrett's neoplasia: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, controlled, crossover trial,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 72, no. 3, article 668, 2010.
- J. Humphris, D. Swartz, B. J. Egan, and R. W. Leong, “Status of confocal laser endomicroscopy in gastrointestinal disease,” Tropical Gastroenterology, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 9–20, 2012.
- E. Coron, J. F. Mosnier, A. Ahluwalia, et al., “Colonic mucosal biopsies obtained during confocal endomicroscopy are pre-stained with fluorescein in vivo and are suitable for histologic evaluation,” Endoscopy, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 148–153, 2012.
- Y. T. Guo, Y. Q. Li, T. Yu et al., “Diagnosis of gastric intestinal metaplasia with confocal laser endomicroscopy in vivo: a prospective study,” Endoscopy, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 547–553, 2008.
- L. G. Lim, K. G. Yeoh, M. Salto-Tellez et al., “Experienced versus inexperienced confocal endoscopists in the diagnosis of gastric adenocarcinoma and intestinal metaplasia on confocal images,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 73, no. 6, pp. 1141–1147, 2011.
- T. Kuiper, F. J. van den Broek, S. van Eeden, P. Fockens, and E. Dekker, “Feasibility and accuracy of confocal endomicroscopy in comparison with narrow-band imaging and chromoendoscopy for the differentiation of colorectal lesions,” The American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 107, no. 4, pp. 543–550, 2012.
- V. Gómez, A. M. Buchner, E. Dekker et al., “Interobserver agreement and accuracy among international experts with probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy in predicting colorectal neoplasia,” Endoscopy, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 286–291, 2010.