- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 498617, 5 pages
Fully Covered Self-Expandable Metal Stents for Treatment of Both Benign and Malignant Biliary Disorders
Department of Gastroenterology, Pforzheim Hospital, 75175 Pforzheim, Germany
Received 27 February 2012; Revised 22 April 2012; Accepted 22 April 2012
Academic Editor: Jesús García-Cano
Copyright © 2012 Ahmed Abdel Samie and Lorenz Theilmann. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. A. van der Gaag, E. A. J. Rauws, C. H. J. van Eijck et al., “Preoperative biliary drainage for cancer of the head of the pancreas,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 362, no. 2, pp. 129–137, 2010.
- T. H. Baron and R. A. Kozarek, “Preoperative biliary stents in pancreatic cancer—proceed with caution,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 362, no. 2, pp. 170–172, 2010.
- S. Jaganmohan and J. H. Lee, “Self-expandable metal stents in malignant biliary obstruction,” Expert Review in Gastroenteroloy and Hepatolology, vol. 6, pp. 105–114, 2012.
- H. Isayama, Y. Komatsu, T. Tsujino et al., “A prospective randomised study of “covered” versus “uncovered” diamond stents for the management of distal malignant biliary obstruction,” Gut, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 729–734, 2004.
- M. Kahaleh, A. Brock, M. R. Conaway et al., “Covered self-expandable metal stents in pancreatic malignancy regardless of resectability: a new concept validated by a decision analysis,” Endoscopy, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 319–324, 2007.
- A. A. Siddiqui, V. Mehendiratta, D. Loren, et al., “Fully covered self-expandable metal stents are effective and safe to treat distal malignant biliary strictures, irrespective of surgical respectability status,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 45, no. 824, pp. 827–2011.
- T. H. Baron, “Covered self-expandable metal stents for benign biliary tract diseases,” Current Opinion in Gastroenterology, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 262–267, 2011.
- P. G. A. van Boeckel, F. P. Vleggaar, and P. D. Siersema, “Plastic or metal stents for benign extrahepatic biliary strictures: a systematic review,” BMC Gastroenterology, vol. 9, article 96, 2009.
- A. Mahajan, H. Ho, B. Sauer et al., “Temporary placement of fully covered self-expandable metal stents in benign biliary strictures: midterm evaluation (with video),” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 303–309, 2009.
- C. H. Ryu and S. K. Lee, “Biliary strictures after liver transplantation,” Gut and Liver, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 133–142, 2011.
- L. M. Marin-Gómez, S. Sobrino-Rodriguez, J. M. Alamo-Martínez et al., “Use of fully covered self-expandable stent in biliary complications after liver transplantation: a case series,” Transplantation Proceedings, vol. 42, no. 8, pp. 2975–2977, 2010.
- I. Tarantino, M. Traina, F. Mocciaro, et al., “Fully covered metallic stents in biliary stenosis after orthotopic liver transplantation,” Endoscopy, vol. 44, pp. 246–250, 2012.
- M. Traina, I. Tarantino, L. Barresi et al., “Efficacy and safety of fully covered self-expandable metallic stents in biliary complications after liver transplantation: a preliminary study,” Liver Transplantation, vol. 15, no. 11, pp. 1493–1498, 2009.
- D. H. Park, S. S. Lee, T. H. Lee et al., “Anchoring flap versus flared end, fully covered self-expandable metal stents to prevent migration in patients with benign biliary strictures: a multicenter, prospective, comparative pilot study (with videos),” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 64–70, 2011.
- J. W. Poley, A. J. P. van Tilburg, E. J. Kuipers, and M. J. Bruno, “Breaking the barrier: using extractable fully covered metal stents to treat benign biliary hilar strictures,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 74, pp. 916–920, 2011.
- A. M. Joyce and M. L. Kochman, “Update on biliary endoscopy,” Current Opinion in Gastroenterology, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 354–358, 2005.
- L. E. V. V. C. Ferreira and T. H. Baron, “Post-sphincterotomy bleeding: who, what, when, and how,” The American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 102, no. 12, pp. 2850–2858, 2007.
- M. Matsushita, K. Uchida, and K. Okazaki, “Effective injection site on endoscopic injection therapy for postsphincterotomy bleeding: apex or oral?” The American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 103, no. 6, pp. 1569–1570, 2008.
- Y. K. Tsou, C. H. Lin, N. J. Lee et al., “Treating delayed endoscopic sphincterotomy-induced bleeding: epinephrine injection with or without thermotherapy,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 15, no. 38, pp. 4823–4828, 2009.
- T. Itoi, I. Yasuda, S. Doi, T. Mukai, T. Kurihara, and A. Sofuni, “Endoscopic hemostasis using covered metallic stent placement for uncontrolled post-endoscopic sphincterotomy bleeding,” Endoscopy, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 369–372, 2011.
- J. N. Shah, F. Marson, and K. F. Binmoeller, “Temporary self-expandable metal stent placement for treatment of post-sphincterotomy bleeding,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 72, no. 6, pp. 1274–1278, 2010.
- A. Y. Wang, K. Ellen, C. L. Berg, T. M. Schmitt, and M. Kahaleh, “Fully covered self-expandable metallic stents in the management of complex biliary leaks: preliminary data a case series 1,” Endoscopy, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 781–786, 2009.
- N. O. Machado, “Management of duodenal perforation post-endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography. When and whom to operate and what factors determine the outcome?” Journal of The Pancreas, vol. 13, pp. 18–25, 2012.
- J. A. Kasher, J. G. Corasanti, P. R. Tarnasky, L. McHenry, E. Fogel, and J. Cunningham, “A multicenter analysis of safety and outcome of removal of a fully covered self-expandable metal stent during ERCP,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 73, no. 6, pp. 1292–1297, 2011.
- D. L. Cahen, E. A. Rauws, D. J. Gouma, P. Fockens, and M. J. Bruno, “Fully covered self-expandable metal stents in the treatment of common bile duct strictures due to chronic pancreatitis: a case series,” Endoscopy, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 697–700, 2008.
- S. Gosain, H. Bonatti, L. Smith et al., “Gallbladder stent placement for prevention of cholecystitis in patients receiving covered metal stent for malignant obstructive jaundice: a feasibility study,” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 55, no. 8, pp. 2406–2411, 2010.