- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 624835, 5 pages
Management of Complications during Gastric Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection
1Internal Medicine, Daegu Fatima Hospital 183, Ayang-ro, Dong-gu, Daegu, Republic of Korea
2Internal Medicine, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, 50 Samduk 2Ga, Chung-gu, Daegu, Republic of Korea
Received 23 June 2012; Revised 16 September 2012; Accepted 16 September 2012
Academic Editor: Won Young Cho
Copyright © 2012 Dong Wook Lee and Seong Woo Jeon. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Fujishiro, N. Yahagi, N. Kakushima et al., “Successful nonsurgical management of perforation complicating endoscopic submucosal dissection of gastrointestinal epithelial neoplasms,” Endoscopy, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 1001–1006, 2006.
- S. Oka, S. Tanaka, I. Kaneko et al., “Advantage of endoscopic submucosal dissection compared with EMR for early gastric cancer,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 877–883, 2006.
- R. Soetikno, T. Kaltenbach, R. Yeh, and T. Gotoda, “Endoscopic mucosal resection for early cancers of the upper gastrointestinal tract,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 23, no. 20, pp. 4490–4498, 2005.
- S. W. Jeon, M. K. Jung, C. M. Cho et al., “Predictors of immediate bleeding during endoscopic submucosal dissection in gastric lesions,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 1974–1979, 2009.
- I. K. Chung, J. H. Lee, S. H. Lee et al., “Therapeutic outcomes in 1000 cases of endoscopic submucosal dissection for early gastric neoplasms: Korean ESD Study Group multicenter study,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 69, no. 7, pp. 1228–1235, 2009.
- K. Takizawa, I. Oda, T. Gotoda et al., “Routine coagulation of visible vessels may prevent delayed bleeding after endoscopic submucosal dissection—an analysis of risk factors,” Endoscopy, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 179–183, 2008.
- O. Goto, M. Fujishiro, S. Kodashima et al., “A second-look endoscopy after endoscopic submucosal dissection for gastric epithelial neoplasm may be unnecessary: a retrospective analysis of postendoscopic submucosal dissection bleeding,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 241–248, 2010.
- D. A. Elphick and D. P. Hurlstone, “Should routine coagulation of visible vessels be performed after endoscopic submucosal dissection,” Nature Clinical Practice Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 5, no. 10, pp. 544–545, 2008.
- S. Seewald and N. Soehendra, “Perforation: part and parcel of endoscopic resection?” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 602–605, 2006.
- K. Mannen, S. Tsunada, M. Hara et al., “Risk factors for complications of endoscopic submucosal dissection in gastric tumors: analysis of 478 lesions,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 30–36, 2010.
- S. W. Jeon, M. K. Jung, S. K. Kim et al., “Clinical outcomes for perforations during endoscopic submucosal dissection in patients with gastric lesions,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 911–916, 2010.
- S. Minami, T. Gotoda, H. Ono, I. Oda, and H. Hamanaka, “Complete endoscopic closure of gastric perforation induced by endoscopic resection of early gastric cancer using endoclips can prevent surgery (with video),” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 596–601, 2006.
- G. Jeong, J. H. Lee, M. K. Yu et al., “Non-surgical management of microperforation induced by EMR of the stomach,” Digestive and Liver Disease, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 605–608, 2006.
- M. Bittinger and H. Messmann, “Is nonsurgical management safe and effective for patients with microperforation caused by EMR? Commentary,” Nature Clinical Practice Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 134–135, 2007.
- S. Coda, I. Oda, T. Gotoda, C. Yokoi, T. Kikuchi, and H. Ono, “Risk factors for cardiac and pyloric stenosis after endoscopic submucosal dissection, and efficacy of endoscopic balloon dilation treatment,” Endoscopy, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 421–426, 2009.