- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 821376, 5 pages
Preventive Role of Wire-Guided Cannulation to Reduce Hyperamylasemia and Pancreatitis Following Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography
Research Center for Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Taleghani Hospital, P.O. Box 19835-178, Tehran, Iran
Received 13 April 2012; Revised 22 May 2012; Accepted 22 May 2012
Academic Editor: Jesús García-Cano
Copyright © 2012 Amir Houshang Mohammad Alizadeh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. H. Lee, D. H. Park, J. Y. Park et al., “Can wire-guided cannulation prevent post-ERCP pancreatitis? A prospective randomized trial,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 444–449, 2009.
- E. L. A. Artifon, P. Sakai, J. E. M. Cunha, B. Halwan, S. Ishioka, and A. Kumar, “Guidewire cannulation reduces risk of post-ERCP pancreatitis and facilitates bile duct cannulation,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 102, no. 10, pp. 2147–2153, 2007.
- F. Lella, F. Bagnolo, E. Colombo, and U. Bonassi, “A simple way of avoiding post-ERCP pancreatitis,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 59, no. 7, pp. 830–834, 2004.
- Y. K. Cheon, K. B. Cho, J. L. Watkins et al., “Frequency and severity of post-ERCP pancreatitis correlated with extent of pancreatic ductal opacification,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 65, no. 3, pp. 385–393, 2007.
- A. A. Bailey, M. J. Bourke, S. J. Williams et al., “A prospective randomized trial of cannulation technique in ERCP: effects on technical success and post-ERCP pancreatitis,” Endoscopy, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 296–301, 2008.
- M. L. Silviera, M. J. Seamon, B. Porshinsky et al., “Complications related to endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography: a comprehensive clinical review,” Journal of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 73–82, 2009.
- A. J. Kaffes, P. V. J. Sriram, G. V. Rao, D. Santosh, and D. N. Reddy, “Early institution of pre-cutting for difficult biliary cannulation: a prospective study comparing conventional vs. a modified technique,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 669–674, 2005.
- P. B. Cotton, G. Lehman, J. Vennes et al., “Endoscopic sphincterotomy complications and their management: an attempt at consensus,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 383–393, 1991.
- K. Gottlieb and S. Sherman, “ERCP and endoscopic biliary sphincterotomy-induced pancreatitis,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Clinics of North America, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 87–114, 1998.
- M. L. Freeman, D. B. Nelson, S. Sherman et al., “Complications of endoscopic biliary sphincterotomy,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 335, no. 13, pp. 909–918, 1996.
- S. Sherman and G. A. Lehman, “ERCP- and endoscopic sphincterotomy-induced pancreatitis,” Pancreas, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 350–367, 1991.
- S. T. Cooper and A. Slivka, “Incidence, risk factors, and prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis,” Gastroenterology Clinics of North America, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 259–276, 2007.
- T. Tsuyuguchi, T. Okugawa, and O. Yokosuka, “Risk factors for post-endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography pancreatitis: prospective single-institution study,” Digestive Endoscopy, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. S49–S51, 2007.
- T. Tsujino, Y. Komatsu, H. Isayama et al., “Ulinastatin for pancreatitis after endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography: a randomized, controlled trial,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 376–383, 2005.
- E. Masci, A. Mariani, S. Curioni, and P. A. Testoni, “Risk factors for pancreatitis following endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography: a meta-analysis,” Endoscopy, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 830–834, 2003.
- M. L. Freeman, J. A. DiSario, D. B. Nelson et al., “Risk factors for post-ERCP pancreatitis: a prospective, multicenter study,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 425–434, 2001.
- G. K. Johnson, J. E. Geenen, J. F. Johanson, S. Sherman, W. J. Hogan, and O. Cass, “Evaluation of post-ERCP pancreatitis: potential causes noted during controlled study of differing contrast media,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 217–222, 1997.
- P. A. Testoni, “Preventing post-ERCP pancreatitis: where are we?” Journal of the Pancreas, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 22–32, 2003.
- R. T. P. Poon and S. T. Fan, “Antisecretory agents for prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis: rationale for use and clinical results,” Journal of the Pancreas, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 33–40, 2003.
- N. Badalov, S. Tenner, and J. Baillie, “The prevention, recognition and treatment of post-ERCP pancreatitis,” Journal of the Pancreas, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 88–97, 2009.
- C. L. Cheng, S. Sherman, J. L. Watkins et al., “Risk factors for post-ERCP pancreatitis: a prospective multicenter study,” American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 139–147, 2006.