- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 853781, 7 pages
Rinsability of Orthophthalaldehyde from Endoscopes
MicroChem Laboratory, Inc., 1107-C South Airport Circle, Euless, TX 76040, USA
Received 24 January 2012; Accepted 9 March 2012
Academic Editor: Kazuo Inui
Copyright © 2012 Norman Miner et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. E. Cooper, A. A. White, A. N. Werkema, and B. K. Auge, “Anaphylaxis following cystoscopy with equipment sterilized with Cidex OPA (Ortho-phthalaldehyde): a review of two cases,” Journal of Endourology, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 2181–2184, 2008.
- S. N. Joshi and S. Rosenfeld, “Two cases of ortho-phthalaldehyde induced allergic reactions in patients undergoing surveillance cystoscopy,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 113, no. 2, p. S311, 2004, Abstract number 1141.
- W. N. Sokol, “Nine episodes of anaphylaxis following cystoscopy caused by Cidex OPA (ortho-phthalaldehyde) high-level disinfectant in 4 patients after cytoscopy,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 114, no. 2, pp. 392–397, 2004.
- M. Suzukawa, A. Komiyama, R. Koketzu, et al., “Three cases of ortho-phthalaldehyde-induced anaphylaxis after laryngoscopy: detection of specific IgE in serum,” Allergology International, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 313–316, 2007.
- T. Fusasaki, T. Nishahara, and K. Iwakoshi, “A case of anaphylaxis following colonoscopy caused by OPA,” Japanese Journal of Traumatology and Occupational Medicine, vol. 55, pp. 201–205, 2007.
- S. G. Venticinque, V. S. Kashyap, and R. J. O'Connell, “Chemical burn injury secondary to intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography,” Anesthesia and Analgesia, vol. 97, no. 5, pp. 1260–1261, 2003.
- S. C. Streckenbach and T. A. Alston, “Perioral stains after Ortho-phthalaldehyde disinfection of echo probes,” Anesthesiology, vol. 99, no. 4, p. 1032, 2003.
- N. Miner, V. Harris, T. D. Cao, T. Ebron, and N. Lukomski, “Aldahol high-level disinfectant,” American Journal of Infection Control, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 205–211, 2010.
- T. Morinaga, G. Hasagawa, S. Koyama, Y. Ishihara, and T. Nishikawa, “Acute inflamation and immunoresponses induced by ortho-phthalaldehyde in mice,” Archives of Toxicology, vol. 84, no. 5, pp. 397–404, 2010.
- S. E. Anderson, C. Umbright, R. Sellamuthu et al., “Irritancy and allergic responses induced by topical application of ortho-phthalaldehyde,” Toxicological Sciences, vol. 115, no. 2, pp. 435–443, 2010.