- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 954809, 7 pages
Diagnosis of Early Gastric Cancer by Magnifying Endoscopy with NBI from Viewpoint of Histological Imaging: Mucosal Patterning in terms of White Zone Visibility and Its Relationship to Histology
Department of Internal Medicine, Niigata Prefectural Yoshida Hospital, 959-0242 Niigata, Japan
Received 18 April 2012; Accepted 22 October 2012
Academic Editor: Katsutoshi Obara
Copyright © 2012 Kazuyoshi Yagi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Ezoe, M. Muto, N. Uedo, et al., “Magnifying narrow band imaging is more accurate than conventional white-light imaging in diagnosis of gastric mucosal cancer,” Gastroenterology, vol. 141, no. 6, pp. 2017.e3–2025.e3, 2011.
- M. Kato, M. Kaise, J. Yonezawa et al., “Magnifying endoscopy with narrow-band imaging achieves superior accuracy in the differential diagnosis of superficial gastric lesions identified with white-light endoscopy: a prospective study,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 523–529, 2010.
- M. Kawamura, S. Abe, K. Oikawa et al., “Topographic differences in gastric micromucosal patterns observed by magnifying endoscopy with narrow band imaging,” Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 477–483, 2011.
- K. Nonaka, S. Arai, S. Ban et al., “Prospective study of the evaluation of the usefulness of tumor typing by narrow band imaging for the differential diagnosis of gastric adenoma and well-differentiated adenocarcinoma,” Digestive Endoscopy, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 146–152, 2011.
- M. Kaise, M. Kato, M. Urashima et al., “Magnifying endoscopy combined with narrow-band imaging for differential diagnosis of superficial depressed gastric lesions,” Endoscopy, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 310–315, 2009.
- K. Yagi, A. Nakamura, A. Sekine, and H. Umezu, “Magnifying endoscopy with narrow band imaging for early differentiated gastric adenocarcinoma,” Digestive Endoscopy, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 115–122, 2008.
- M. Kobayashi, M. Takeuchi, Y. Ajioka et al., “Mucin phenotype and narrow-band imaging with magnifying endoscopy for differentiated-type mucosal gastric cancer,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 46, no. 9, pp. 1064–1070, 2011.
- K. Yagi, T. Sato, A. Nakamura, et al., “The possibility and limitation of magnifying endoscopic diagnosis using NBI in the extent of undifferentiated intramucosal gastric adenocarcinoma,” Stomach and Intestine, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 60–70, 2009.
- K. Yagi and Y. Ajioka, Magnifying Endoscopic Diagnosis in Stomach, Igaku-Syoin, Tokyo, Japan, 2010.
- R. Lambert, J. F. Rey, and R. Sankaranarayanan, “Magnification and chromoscopy with the acetic acid test,” Endoscopy, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 437–445, 2003.
- J. F. Rey, H. Inoue, and M. Guelrud, “Magnification endoscopy with acetic acid for Barrett's esophagus,” Endoscopy, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 583–586, 2005.
- Japanese Gastric Cnacer Association, “Japanese classification of gastric carcinoma—2nd English edition,” Gastric Cancer, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 10–24, 1998.
- T. Nakayoshi, H. Tajiri, K. Matsuda, M. Kaise, M. Ikegami, and H. Sasaki, “Magnifying endoscopy combined with narrow band imaging system for early gastric cancer: correlation of vascular pattern with histopathology (including video),” Endoscopy, vol. 36, no. 12, pp. 1080–1084, 2004.
- Y. Yoshida, M. Kaise, M. Kato, et al., “Improvement of diagnosis for early gastric cancer by narrow-band imaging,” Nippon Rinsho, vol. 5, pp. 184–188, 2008 (Japanese).
- H. Inoue, M. Kaga, H. Minami, et al., “Endoscopic evaluation of tissue atypia using incorporated-type endocytoscopy for gastric mucosal lesion-NBI magnifying classification and ECA classification,” Nippon Rinsho, vol. 5, pp. 211–217, 2008 (Japanese).