- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 310105, 6 pages
Endomicroscopy of the Pancreaticobiliary System
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294-0012, USA
Received 3 December 2012; Accepted 2 January 2013
Academic Editor: Helmut Neumann
Copyright © 2013 Shajan Peter et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Uhlmann, M. Wiedmann, F. Schmidt et al., “Management and outcome in patients with Klatskin-mimicking lesions of the biliary tree,” Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 1144–1150, 2006.
- J. J. Bennett and R. H. Green, “Malignant masquerade: dilemmas in diagnosing biliary obstruction,” Surgical Oncology Clinics of North America, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 207–214, 2009.
- T. Ponchon, P. Gagnon, F. Berger et al., “Value of endobiliary brush cytology and biopsies for the diagnosis of malignant bile duct stenosis: results of a prospective study,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 565–572, 1995.
- R. Schoefl, M. Haefner, F. Wrba et al., “Forceps biopsy and brush cytology during endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography for the diagnosis of biliary stenoses,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 363–368, 1997.
- T. Rösch, K. Hofrichter, E. Frimberger et al., “ERCP or EUS for tissue diagnosis of biliary strictures? A prospective comparative study,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 390–396, 2004.
- A. Weber, R. M. Schmid, and C. Prinz, “Diagnostic approaches for cholangiocarcinoma,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 14, no. 26, pp. 4131–4136, 2008.
- D. J. Hartman, A. Slivka, D. A. Giusto, and A. M. Krasinskas, “Tissue yield and diagnostic efficacy of fluoroscopic and cholangioscopic techniques to assess indeterminate biliary strictures,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 1042–1046, 2012.
- A. Meining, D. Saur, M. Bajbouj et al., “In vivo histopathology for detection of gastrointestinal neoplasia with a portable, confocal miniprobe: an examiner blinded analysis,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 5, no. 11, pp. 1261–1267, 2007.
- V. Becker, T. Vercauteren, C. H. von Weyhern, C. Prinz, R. M. Schmid, and A. Meining, “High-resolution miniprobe-based confocal microscopy in combination with video mosaicing (with video),” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 66, no. 5, pp. 1001–1007, 2007.
- M. B. Wallace, A. Meining, M. I. Canto et al., “The safety of intravenous fluorescein for confocal laser endomicroscopy in the gastrointestinal tract,” Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 548–552, 2010.
- I. Smith, P. E. Kline, M. Gaidhane, and M. Kahaleh, “A review on the use of confocal laser endomicroscopy in the bile duct,” Gastroenterology Research and Practice, vol. 2012, Article ID 454717, 5 pages, 2012.
- A. Meining, E. Frimberger, V. Becker et al., “Detection of cholangiocarcinoma in vivo using miniprobe-based confocal fluorescence microscopy,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 1057–1060, 2008.
- F. K. Shieh, H. Drumm, M. H. Nathanson, and P. A. Jamidar, “High-definition confocal endomicroscopy of the common bile duct,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 401–406, 2012.
- C. S. Loeser, M. E. Robert, A. Mennone, M. H. Nathanson, and P. Jamidar, “Confocal endomicroscopic examination of malignant biliary strictures and histologic correlation with lymphatics,” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 246–252, 2011.
- M. Giovannini, E. Bories, G. Monges, C. Pesenti, F. Caillol, and J. R. Delpero, “Results of a phase I-II study on intraductal confocal microscopy (IDCM) in patients with common bile duct (CBD) stenosis,” Surgical Endoscopy, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 2247–2253, 2011.
- M. O. Othman and M. B. Wallace, “Confocal laser endomicroscopy: is it prime time?” Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 205–206, 2011.
- M. Wallace, G. Y. Lauwers, Y. Chen et al., “Miami classification for probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy,” Endoscopy, vol. 43, no. 10, pp. 882–891, 2011.
- A. Meining, R. J. Shah, A. Slivka et al., “Classification of probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy findings in pancreaticobiliary strictures,” Endoscopy, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 251–257, 2012.
- A. Meining, Y. K. Chen, D. Pleskow et al., “Direct visualization of indeterminate pancreaticobiliary strictures with probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy: a multicenter experience,” Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, vol. 74, no. 5, pp. 961–968, 2011.
- J. P. Talreja, A. Sethi, P. A. Jamidar et al., “Interpretation of probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy of indeterminate biliary strictures: is there any interobserver agreement?” Digestive Diseases and Sciences, vol. 57, no. 12, pp. 3299–3302, 2012.
- P. L. Hsiung, J. Hardy, S. Friedland et al., “Detection of colonic dysplasia in vivo using a targeted heptapeptide and confocal microendoscopy,” Nature Medicine, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 454–458, 2008.