- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 142739, 8 pages
Hepatoprotective Activity of Dried- and Fermented-Processed Virgin Coconut Oil
1Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
2Faculty of Pharmacy, Universiti Teknologi MARA, 40450 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
3Pharmacogenomics Center, Faculty of Pharmacy, Universiti Teknologi MARA, 40450 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
4Biotechnology Research Centre, Malaysian Agriculture Research Institute, 50744 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Received 4 September 2010; Revised 17 December 2010; Accepted 25 December 2010
Copyright © 2011 Z. A. Zakaria et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Kusnandar Anggadired, Anggraini Barlian, Yangie Dwi Marga Pina, and Dian Anggraeny, “Virgin Coconut Oil Prevents Nicotine Dependence and Relapse,” International Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 664–669, 2011.
- M. S. Rofiee, Z. A. Zakaria, M. N. Somchit, A. Zuraini, A. K. Arifah, L. K. Teh, M. Z. Salleh, and K. Long, “Involvement of CYP450 system in hepatoprotective activity of Malaysian Agri cultural Research and Development Institute (MARDI)-produced virgin coconut oils,” African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, vol. 5, no. 23, pp. 2526–2536, 2011.
- Kuppan Nithianantham, Kwan Yuet Ping, Lachimanan Yoga Latha, Subramanion L Jothy, Ibrahim Darah, Yeng Chen, Ai-Lan Chew, and Sreenivasan Sasidharan, “Evaluation of hepatoprotective effect of methanolic extract of Clitoria ternatea (Linn.) flower against acetaminophen-induced liver damage,” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 314–319, 2013.
- Farah Hidayah Kamisan, Farhana Yahya, Noor Aisyah Ismail, Syafawati Shamsahal Din, Siti Syariah Mamat, Zalina Zabidi, Wan Noraziemah Wan Zainulddin, Norhafizah Mohtarrudin, Hadijah Husain, Zuraini Ahmad, and Zainul Amiruddin Zakaria, “Hepatoprotective Activity of Methanol Extract of Melastoma malabathricum Leaf in Rats,” Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 52–55, 2013.
- Siti Syariah Mamat, Mohamad Fauzi Fahmi Kamarolzaman, Farhana Yahya, Nur Diyana Mahmood, Muhammad Syahmi Shahril, Krystal Feredoline Jakius, Norhafizah Mohtarrudin, Siew Mooi Ching, Deny Susanti, and Muhammad Taher, “Methanol extract of Melastoma malabathricum leaves exerted antioxidant and liver protective activity in rats,” Bmc Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 13, 2013.
- Kamyar Shameli, Mohod Maarof Moksin, Amir Reza Sadrolhosseini, Ghazaleh Mamdoohi, and Mohod Adzir Mahdi, “Laser ablation synthesis and optical properties of copper nanoparticles,” Journal Of Materials Research, vol. 28, no. 18, pp. 2629–2636, 2013.
- F. Yahya, S. S. Mamat, M. F. F. Kamarolzaman, A. A. Seyedan, K. F. Jakius, N. D. Mahmood, M. S. Shahril, Z. Suhaili, N. Mohtarrudin, D. Susanti, M. N. Somchit, L. K. Teh, M. Z. Salleh, and Z. A. Zakaria, “Hepatoprotective Activity of Methanolic Extract of Bauhinia purpurea Leaves against Paracetamol-Induced Hepatic Damage in Rats,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Norlaily Mohd Ali, Hamidah Mohd Yusof, Kamariah Long, Swee Keong Yeap, Wan Yong Ho, Boon Kee Beh, Soo Peng Koh, Mohd Puad Abdullah, and Noorjahan Banu Alitheen, “Antioxidant and Hepatoprotective Effect of Aqueous Extract of Germinated and Fermented Mung Bean on Ethanol-Mediated Liver Damage,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.