- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 142739, 8 pages
Hepatoprotective Activity of Dried- and Fermented-Processed Virgin Coconut Oil
1Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
2Faculty of Pharmacy, Universiti Teknologi MARA, 40450 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
3Pharmacogenomics Center, Faculty of Pharmacy, Universiti Teknologi MARA, 40450 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
4Biotechnology Research Centre, Malaysian Agriculture Research Institute, 50744 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Received 4 September 2010; Revised 17 December 2010; Accepted 25 December 2010
Copyright © 2011 Z. A. Zakaria et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Kusnandar Anggadired, Anggraini Barlian, Yangie Dwi Marga Pina, and Dian Anggraeny, “Virgin Coconut Oil Prevents Nicotine Dependence and Relapse,” International Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 664–669, 2011.
- M. S. Rofiee, Z. A. Zakaria, M. N. Somchit, A. Zuraini, A. K. Arifah, L. K. Teh, M. Z. Salleh, and K. Long, “Involvement of CYP450 system in hepatoprotective activity of Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute (MARDI)-produced virgin coconut oils,” African Journal Of Pharmacy And Pharmacology, vol. 5, no. 23, pp. 2526–2536, 2011.
- Kuppan Nithianantham, Kwan Yuet Ping, Lachimanan Yoga Latha, Subramanion L Jothy, Ibrahim Darah, Yeng Chen, Ai-Lan Chew, and Sreenivasan Sasidharan, “Evaluation of hepatoprotective effect of methanolic extract of Clitoria ternatea (Linn.) flower against acetaminophen-induced liver damage,” Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 314–319, 2013.
- Farah Hidayah Kamisan, Farhana Yahya, Noor Aisyah Ismail, Syafawati Shamsahal Din, Siti Syariah Mamat, Zalina Zabidi, Wan Noraziemah Wan Zainulddin, Norhafizah Mohtarrudin, Hadijah Husain, Zuraini Ahmad, and Zainul Amiruddin Zakaria, “Hepatoprotective Activity of Methanol Extract of Melastoma malabathricum Leaf in Rats,” Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 52–55, 2013.
- Siti Syariah Mamat, Mohamad Fauzi Fahmi Kamarolzaman, Farhana Yahya, Nur Diyana Mahmood, Muhammad Syahmi Shahril, Krystal Feredoline Jakius, Norhafizah Mohtarrudin, Siew Mooi Ching, Deny Susanti, Muhammad Taher, and Zainul Amiruddin Zakaria, “Methanol extract of Melastoma malabathricum leaves exerted antioxidant and liver protective activity in rats,” Bmc Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 13, 2013.
- Mohod Maarof Moksin, Mohod Adzir Mahdi, Amir Reza Sadrolhosseini, Ahmad Shukri Bin Muhammad Noor, Ghazaleh Mamdoohi, and Kamyar Shameli, “Laser ablation synthesis and optical properties of copper nanoparticles,” Journal Of Materials Research, vol. 28, no. 18, pp. 2629–2636, 2013.
- F. Yahya, S. S. Mamat, M. F. F. Kamarolzaman, A. A. Seyedan, K. F. Jakius, N. D. Mahmood, M. S. Shahril, Z. Suhaili, N. Mohtarrudin, D. Susanti, M. N. Somchit, L. K. Teh, M. Z. Salleh, and Z. A. Zakaria, “Hepatoprotective Activity of Methanolic Extract of Bauhinia purpurea Leaves against Paracetamol-Induced Hepatic Damage in Rats,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Norlaily Mohd Ali, Hamidah Mohd Yusof, Kamariah Long, Swee Keong Yeap, Wan Yong Ho, Boon Kee Beh, Soo Peng Koh, Mohd Puad Abdullah, and Noorjahan Banu Alitheen, “Antioxidant and Hepatoprotective Effect of Aqueous Extract of Germinated and Fermented Mung Bean on Ethanol-Mediated Liver Damage,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Nitesh Kumar, Amita Rai, Neetinkumar D. Reddy, P. Vasanth Raj, Prateek Jain, Praful Deshpande, Geetha Mathew, N. Gopalan Kutty, Nayanabhirama Udupa, and C. Mallikarjuna Rao, “Silymarin liposomes improves oral bioavailability of silybin besides targeting hepatocytes, and immune cells,” Pharmacological Reports, vol. 66, no. 5, pp. 788–798, 2014.
- Syed Safiullah Ghori, Mohib Khan, and Shaikh Abdul Rahman, “Amelioration of carbon tetrachloride- and paracetamol- induced hepatotoxicity in rats by Ficus dalhousiae,” Bangladesh Journal Of Pharmacology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 588–594, 2014.
- N. D. Mahmood, S. S. Mamat, F. H. Kamisan, F. Yahya, M. F. F. Kamarolzaman, N. Nasir, N. Mohtarrudin, S. F. Md. Tohid, and Z. A. Zakaria, “Amelioration of Paracetamol-Induced Hepatotoxicity in Rat by the Administration of Methanol Extract of Muntingia calabura L. Leaves,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Bin Shi, Zhi-Qiang Feng, Wen-Bing Li, and Hong-Yi Zhang, “Low G preconditioning reduces liver injury induced by high plus Gz exposure in rats,” World Journal Of Gastroenterology, vol. 21, no. 21, pp. 6543–6549, 2015.
- Justyna Jessa, and Kamil K. Hozyasz, “Wartość zdrowotna produktów kokosowych,” Pediatria Polska, 2015.
- Baocheng Xu, Peiwu Li, Fei Ma, Xiuping Wang, Bertrand Matthäus, Ran Chen, Qingqing Yang, Wen Zhang, and Qi Zhang, “Detection of Virgin Coconut Oil Adulteration with Animal Fats Using Quantitative Cholesterol by GC × GC–TOF/MS Analysis,” Food Chemistry, 2015.
- S. O. Abarikwu, S. Benjamin, S. G. Ebah, G. Obilor, and G. Agbam, “ Oral administration of Moringa oleifera oil but not coconut oil prevents mercury-induced testicular toxicity in rats ,” Andrologia, 2016.
- Norlaily Mohd Ali, Swee-Keong Yeap, Hamidah Mohd Yusof, Boon-Kee Beh, Wan-Yong Ho, Soo-Peng Koh, Mohd Puad Abdullah, Noorjahan Banu Alitheen, and Kamariah Long, “Comparison of free amino acids, antioxidants, soluble phenolic acids, cytotoxicity and immunomodulation of fermented mung bean and soybean,” Journal Of The Science Of Food And Agriculture, vol. 96, no. 5, pp. 1648–1658, 2016.