- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 180805, 11 pages
Paradoxes in Acupuncture Research: Strategies for Moving Forward
1Department of Neurology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
2Division for Research and Education in Complementary and Integrative Medical Therapies, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215-3326, USA
3Department of Health Sciences, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, UK
4College of Pharmacy, University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712-0127, USA
5Department of Research, Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, Portland, OR 97216-2859, USA
6Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA 02129-2020, USA
7Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21207-6697, USA
8Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7200, USA
9Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48106, USA
10Chicken Soup Chinese Medicine, San Francisco, CA 94103-2961, USA
11Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, WA 98101-1448, USA
12Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057-1460, USA
Received 5 April 2010; Revised 19 July 2010; Accepted 31 August 2010
Copyright © 2011 Helene M. Langevin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [75 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Allyson Augusta Shrikhande, Robert A. Schulman, Brian S. Lerner, and Alex Moroz, “Acupuncture for Treatment of Chronic Low-Back Pain Caused by Lumbar Spinal Stenosis: A Case Series,” Medical Acupuncture, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 187–191, 2011.
- Jongbae J. Park, and Heejung Bang, “Methodological advances needed in analysis and interpretation of sham acupuncture validation studies,” Acupuncture In Medicine, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 168–169, 2011.
- Lucy-Ann Turner, Kavita Singh, Chantelle Garritty, Alexander Tsertsvadze, Eric Manheimer, L Susan Wieland, James Galipeau, and David Moher, “An evaluation of the completeness of safety reporting in reports of complementary and alternative medicine trials,” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 11, 2011.
- Xianze Meng, Shifen Xu, and Lixing Lao, “Clinical acupuncture research in the West,” Frontiers of Medicine, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 134–140, 2011.
- Eric Manheimer, “Selecting a control for in vitro fertilization and acupuncture randomized controlled trials (RCTs): how sham controls may unnecessarily complicate the RCT evidence base,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 95, no. 8, pp. 2456–2461, 2011.
- Rosa N. Schnyer, “Commentary on the cochrane review of acupuncture for depression,” Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 193–197, 2011.
- Courtney Lee, Dawn Wallerstedt, Alaine Duncan, Alexandra York, Michael Hollifield, Richard C. Niemtzow, Stephen M. Burns, and Wayne B. Jonas, “Design and Rationale of a Comparative Effectiveness Study to Evaluate Two Acupuncture Methods for the Treatment of Headaches Associated with Traumatic Brain Injury,” Medical Acupuncture, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 237–247, 2011.
- Anita H. Hickey, “Military Medical Acupuncture and CAM: Next Steps,” Medical Acupuncture, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 281–285, 2011.
- Ellen Silver Highfield, Puja Lama, Michael A. Grodin, Ted J. Kaptchuk, and Sondra S. Crosby, “Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine for Survivors of Torture and Refugee Trauma: A Descriptive Report,” Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 433–440, 2011.
- Lisa M. Pastore, Christopher D. Williams, Jeffrey Jenkins, and James T. Patrie, “True and Sham Acupuncture Produced Similar Frequency of Ovulation and Improved LH to FSH Ratios in Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome,” Journal Of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 96, no. 10, pp. 3143–3150, 2011.
- Weidenhammer, Brinkhaus, and Schagerl, “CAMbrella - Setup of a European research network for alternative medicine,” Deutsche Zeitschrift fur Akupunktur, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 51–52, 2011.
- Hugh MacPherson, and Richard Hammerschlag, “Acupuncture and the Emerging Evidence Base: Contrived Controversy and Rational Debate,” Journal of Acupuncture and Meridian Studies, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 141–147, 2012.
- Weidong Lu, Peter M. Wayne, Roger B. Davis, Julie E. Buring, Hailun Li, Laura A. Goguen, David S. Rosenthal, Roy B. Tishler, Marshall R. Posner, and Robert I. Haddad, “Acupuncture for dysphagia after chemoradiation in head and neck cancer: Rationale and design of a randomized, sham-controlled trial,” Contemporary Clinical Trials, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 700–711, 2012.
- Caroline A. Smith, Suzanne Grant, Jane Lyttleton, and Suzanne Cochrane, “Using a Delphi consensus process to develop an acupuncture treatment protocol by consensus for women undergoing Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) treatment,” Bmc Complementary And Alternative Medicine, vol. 12, 2012.
- Robert T. Davis, David L. Churchill, Gary J. Badger, Julie Dunn, and Helene M. Langevin, “A new method for quantifying the needling component of acupuncture treatments,” Acupuncture In Medicine, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 113–119, 2012.
- Ashraf S. Habib, “Do we really understand what constitutes an acupuncture point?,” European Journal of Pain, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 1207–1208, 2012.
- Elisa Yao, Peter K. Gerritz, Erik Henricson, Ted Abresch, Jorge Kim, Jay Han, Kenten Wang, and Holly Zhao, “Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing Acupuncture With Placebo Acupuncture for the Treatment of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome,” Pm&R, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 367–373, 2012.
- Shifen Xu, and Lixing Lao, “From Basic Science Studies to Clinical Trials: What Recent Acupuncture Research Tells Us,” Medical Acupuncture, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 10–14, 2012.
- Belinda Anderson, Arya Nielsen, Diane McKee, Anne Jeffres, and Ben Kligler, “Acupuncture and Heart Rate Variability: A Systems Level Approach to Understanding Mechanism,” EXPLORE: The Journal of Science and Healing, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 99–106, 2012.
- Frauke Musial, Kyung-Eun Choi, Tim Gabriel, Rainer Luedtke, Thomas Rampp, Andreas Michalsen, and Gustav Dobos, “The effect of electroacupuncture and tramadol on experimental tourniquet pain,” Acupuncture In Medicine, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 21–26, 2012.
- K. Wesa, and B. Cassileth, “Single acupuncture session does not decrease stress in women with phonotraumatic injuries,” Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 45–46, 2012.
- K. Simon Yeung, and Cassileth, “Ear acupuncture for migraine,” Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 54–55, 2012.
- Emma M. Choi, Fang Jiang, and John C. Longhurst, “Point specificity in acupuncture,” Chinese Medicine, vol. 7, 2012.
- Terje Alraek, and Stephen Birch, “Commentary,” Forschende Komplementarmedizin, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 43–45, 2012.
- Elisabet Stener-Victorin, Fariba Baghaei, Göran Holm, Per Olof Janson, Gunilla Olivecrona, Malin Lönn, and Louise Mannerås-Holm, “Effects of acupuncture and exercise on insulin sensitivity, adipose tissue characteristics, and markers of coagulation and fibrinolysis in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: secondary analyses of a randomized controlled trial,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 501–508, 2012.
- Tae-Young Choi, Myeong Soo Lee, and Edzard Ernst, “Acupuncture for cancer patients suffering from hiccups: A systematic review and meta-analysis,” Complementary Therapies in Medicine, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 447–455, 2012.
- Amos Kedar, Aliza Hakimian, and Dorit Gamus, “Acupuncture for cancer patients,” Progress in Palliative Care, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 284–294, 2012.
- Hugh MacPherson, Helen Tilbrook, J. Martin Bland, Karen Bloor, Sally Brabyn, Helen Cox, Arthur Ricky Kang'ombe, Mei-See Man, Tracy Stuardi, David Torgerson, Ian Watt, and Peter Whorwell, “Acupuncture for irritable bowel syndrome: primary care based pragmatic randomised controlled trial,” Bmc Gastroenterology, vol. 12, 2012.
- Courtney Lee, Cindy Crawford, Dawn Wallerstedt, Alexandra York, Alaine Duncan, Jennifer Smith, Meredith Sprengel, Richard Welton, and Wayne Jonas, “The effectiveness of acupuncture research across components of the trauma spectrum response (tsr): A systematic review of reviews,” Systematic Reviews, vol. 1, no. 1, 2012.
- Joshua D. Claunch, Suk-Tak Chan, Erika E. Nixon, Wei Qiao Qiu, Tara Sporko, Joseph P. Dunn, Kenneth K. Kwong, and Kathleen K. S. Hui, “Commonality and Specificity of Acupuncture Action at Three Acupoints as Evidenced by fMRI,” American Journal Of Chinese Medicine, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 695–712, 2012.
- Guangjun Wang, Yuying Tian, Shuyong Jia, Gerhard Litscher, and Weibo Zhang, “Evaluate Laser Needle Effect on Blood Perfusion Signals of Contralateral Hegu Acupoint with Wavelet Analysis,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, pp. 1–9, 2012.
- Ling Zhao, Ji Chen, Cun-Zhi Liu, Ying Li, Ding-Jun Cai, Yong Tang, Jie Yang, and Fan-Rong Liang, “A Review of Acupoint Specificity Research in China: Status Quo and Prospects,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, pp. 1–16, 2012.
- Anna-Clara E. Spetz Holm, Jessica Frisk, and Mats L. Hammar, “Acupuncture as Treatment of Hot Flashes and the Possible Role of Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, pp. 1–9, 2012.
- Claudia M Witt, Mikel Aickin, Trini Baca, Dan Cherkin, Mary N Haan, Richard Hammerschlag, Jason Hao, George A Kaplan, Lixing Lao, Terri McKay, Beverly Pierce, David Riley, Cheryl Ritenbaugh, Kevin Thorpe, Sean Tunis, Jed Weissberg, and Brian M Berman, “Effectiveness guidance document (EGD) for acupuncture research - a consensus document for conducting trials,” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 148, 2012.
- H. Felix Fischer, Florian Junne, Claudia Witt, Klaus von Ammon, Francesco Cardini, Vinjar Fønnebø, Helle Johannessen, George Lewith, Bernhard Uehleke, Wolfgang Weidenhammer, and Benno Brinkhaus, “Key Issues in Clinical and Epidemiological Research in Complementary and Alternative Medicine a Systematic Literature Review,” Forschende Komplementärmedizin / Research in Complementary Medicine, vol. 19, no. s2, pp. 51–60, 2012.
- Mary Koithan, Iris R. Bell, Kathryn Niemeyer, and David Pincus, “A Complex Systems Science Perspective for Whole Systems of Complementary and Alternative Medicine Research,” Forschende Komplementärmedizin / Research in Complementary Medicine, vol. 19, no. s1, pp. 7–14, 2012.
- Petra I. Baeumler, Michael Simang, Sybille Kramer, and Dominik Irnich, “Acupuncture Point Localization Varies Among Acupuncturists,” Forschende Komplementarmedizin, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 31–37, 2012.
- Brenda Bart-Knauer, and Karl E. Friedl, “When will acupuncture become a first-line treatment for acute pain management?,” Military Medicine, vol. 178, no. 8, pp. 827–828, 2013.
- Barbara Cagnie, Vincent Dewitte, Tom Barbe, Frank Timmermans, Nicolas Delrue, and Mira Meeus, “Physiologic Effects of Dry Needling,” Current Pain and Headache Reports, vol. 17, no. 8, 2013.
- C. M. Witt, and L. Schuetzler, “The gap between results from sham-controlled trials and trials using other controls in acupuncture research-The influence of context,” Complementary Therapies In Medicine, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 112–114, 2013.
- Stephen Birch, Terje Alraek, and Arne Johan Norheim, “Acupuncture Adverse Events in China: A Glimpse of Historical and Contextual Aspects,” The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, pp. 130401083225004, 2013.
- Emmeline Edwards, Jean Louis Belard, John Glowa, Partap Khalsa, Wendy Weber, and Kristen Huntley, “DoD–NCCAM/NIH Workshop on Acupuncture for Treatment of Acute Pain,” The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 266–279, 2013.
- Younbyoung Chae, Dong-Seon Chang, Soon-Ho Lee, Won-Mo Jung, In-Seon Lee, Stephen Jackson, Jian Kong, Hyangsook Lee, Hi-Joon Park, Hyejung Lee, and Christian Wallraven, “Inserting Needles Into the Body: A Meta-Analysis of Brain Activity Associated With Acupuncture Needle Stimulation,” The Journal of Pain, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 215–222, 2013.
- Jun-Hwan Lee, Tae-Young Choi, Myeong Soo Lee, Hyejung Lee, Byung-Cheul Shin, and Hyangsook Lee, “Acupuncture for Acute Low Back Pain,” The Clinical Journal of Pain, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 172–185, 2013.
- Dawn M. Upchurch, and Bethany Wexler Rainisch, “A Sociobehavioral Wellness Model of Acupuncture Use in the United States, 2007,” The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, pp. 130215071300000, 2013.
- K. L. Paulson, and B. L. Shay, “Sympathetic nervous system responses to acupuncture and non-penetrating sham acupuncture in experimental forearm pain: a single-blind randomised descriptive study,” Acupuncture in Medicine, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 178–184, 2013.
- M. Sanchez-Araujo, A. J. Luckert-Barela, N. Sanchez, J. Torres, and J. E. Conde, “On dermatomes, meridians and points: results of a quasiexperimental study,” Acupuncture in Medicine, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 62–69, 2013.
- M. Foroughipour, A. R. Golchian, M. Kalhor, S. Akhlaghi, M. T. Farzadfard, and H. Azizi, “A sham-controlled trial of acupuncture as an adjunct in migraine prophylaxis,” Acupuncture in Medicine, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 12–16, 2013.
- Yu-qi Liu, Liang-xiao Ma, Jian-min Xing, Hui-juan Cao, Yan-xia Wang, Ling Tang, Min Li, Ying Wang, Yan Liang, Ling-yun Pu, Xiao-mei Yu, Li-zhu Guo, Ji-ling Jin, Zhe Wang, Hong-mei Ju, Yu-mei Jiang, Jing-jun Liu, Hong-wen Yuan, Chun-hua Li, Peng Zhang, Yan-fen She, Jian-ping Liu, and Jiang Zhu, “Does Traditional Chinese Medicine Pattern Affect Acupoint Specific Effect? Analysis of Data from a Multicenter, Randomized, Controlled Trial for Primary Dysmenorrhea,” The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 43–49, 2013.
- Jiang-Ti Kong, Rosa N. Schnyer, Kevin A. Johnson, and Sean Mackey, “Understanding Central Mechanisms of Acupuncture Analgesia Using Dynamic Quantitative Sensory Testing: A Review,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Chao Hsing Yeh, Lung Chang Chien, Devora Balaban, Rebecca Sponberg, Jaclyn Primavera, Natalia E. Morone, Ronald Glick, Kathryn M. Albers, Susan M. Cohen, Dianxu Ren, Li Chun Huang, and Lorna Kwai-Ping Suen, “A Randomized Clinical Trial of Auricular Point Acupressure for Chronic Low Back Pain: A Feasibility Study,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- H. MacPherson, B. Elliot, A. Hopton, H. Lansdown, and S. Richmond, “Acupuncture for Depression: Patterns of Diagnosis and Treatment within a Randomised Controlled Trial,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Guangjun Wang, Yuying Tian, Shuyong Jia, Wenting Zhou, and Weibo Zhang, “Pilot Study of Acupuncture Point Laterality: Evidence from Heart Rate Variability,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2013.
- Dong-Seon Chang, Yun-Ji Kim, Soon-Ho Lee, Hyejung Lee, In-Seon Lee, Hi-Joon Park, Christian Wallraven, and Younbyoung Chae, “Modifying Bodily Self-Awareness during Acupuncture Needle Stimulation Using the Rubber Hand Illusion,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Lingguang Liu, and R. T. F. Cheung, “Effects of Pretreatment with a Combination of Melatonin and Electroacupuncture in a Rat Model of Transient Focal Cerebral Ischemia,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- Tae-Hun Kim, Minhee Lee, So-Young Jung, Jung-Eun Kim, Kyung-Won Kang, Seunghoon Lee, Kwon-Eui Hong, Joo-Hee Kim, Kyung-Min Shin, Ae-Ran Kim, Hyo-Ju Park, Sun-Mi Choi, and Mi-Suk Shin, “Electroacupuncture to treat painful diabetic neuropathy: study protocol for a three-armed, randomized, controlled pilot trial,” Trials, vol. 14, 2013.
- Suzanne Cochrane, and Alphia Possamai-Inesedy, “The consequences of integrating complementary and alternative medicine: An analysis of impacts on practice,” Health Sociology Review, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 65–74, 2013.
- Jacob Godwin, “Rising to the Challenges of Evidence-Based Medicine: A Way Forward for Acupuncture,” The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, pp. 140919135732006, 2014.
- Jeungchan Lee, Vitaly Napadow, Jieun Kim, Seunggi Lee, Woojin Choi, Ted J. Kaptchuk, and Kyungmo Park, “Phantom Acupuncture: Dissociating Somatosensory and Cognitive/Affective Components of Acupuncture Stimulation with a Novel Form of Placebo Acupuncture,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 8, 2014.
- Matthew P. Cotchett, Shannon E. Munteanu, and Karl B. Landorf, “Effectiveness of Trigger Point Dry Needling for Plantar Heel Pain: A Randomized Controlled Trial,” Physical Therapy, vol. 94, no. 8, pp. 1083–1094, 2014.
- In-Seon Lee, Taehyung Lee, Woo-Chul Shin, Christian Wallraven, Hyangsook Lee, Hi-Joon Park, Hyejung Lee, and Younbyoung Chae, “Haptic Simulation for Acupuncture Needle Manipulation,” The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, pp. 140714133639000, 2014.
- Marie Pirotta, Carolyn Ee, Helena Teede, Patty Chondros, Simon French, Stephen Myers, and Charlie Xue, “Acupuncture for menopausal vasomotor symptoms: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial,” Trials, vol. 15, 2014.
- Jennifer A. M. Stone, “The status of acupuncture and oriental medicine in the United States,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 243–249, 2014.
- Ling Zhao, Wei Qin, Ji-xin Liu, Li Fang, Ming-hao Dong, Fu-wen Zhang, Cui Jiang, Jin-bo Sun, Karen M. von Deneen, and Fan-rong Liang, “Two sets of acupoint combination of similar functions engage shared neural representation: A functional magnetic resonance imaging study,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 184–193, 2014.
- Ian Appleyard, Thomas Lundeberg, and Nicola Robinson, “Should systematic reviews assess the risk of bias from sham–placebo acupuncture control procedures?,” European Journal of Integrative Medicine, 2014.
- Bei-Hung Chang, and Elizabeth Sommers, “Acupuncture and Relaxation Response for Craving and Anxiety Reduction among Military Veterans in Recovery from Substance Use Disorder,” American Journal on Addictions, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 129–136, 2014.
- Gajin Han, Seok-Jae Ko, Jae-Woo Park, Jinsung Kim, Inkwon Yeo, Hyejung Lee, Song-Yi Kim, and Hyangsook Lee, “Acupuncture for functional dyspepsia: study protocol for a two-center, randomized controlled trial,” Trials, vol. 15, 2014.
- Jia-You Wang, Hui Li, Lei Zhang, Chun-Mei Ma, Jia-Lu Wang, Xin-Sheng Lai, and Shu-Feng Zhou, “Adenosine as a probing tool for the mechanistic study of acupuncture treatment,” Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 933–939, 2014.
- Stephen Birch, “ Historical and Clinical Perspectives on De Qi : Exposing Limitations in the Scientific Study of De Qi ,” The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, pp. 141125133925003, 2014.
- Heming Zhu, “Acupoints Initiate the Healing Process,” Medical Acupuncture, pp. 141006082639009, 2014.
- Younbyoung Chae, In-Seon Lee, Won-Mo Jung, Dong-Seon Chang, Vitaly Napadow, Hyejung Lee, Hi-Joon Park, and Christian Wallraven, “Decreased Peripheral and Central Responses to Acupuncture Stimulation following Modification of Body Ownership,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 10, 2014.
- T. Alraek, “Just to be sure,” Acupuncture in Medicine, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 201–201, 2014.
- Mingxiao Yang, Jie Yang, Fang Zeng, Peng Liu, Zhenhong Lai, Shufang Deng, Li Fang, Wenzhong Song, Hongjun Xie, and Fanrong Liang, “Electroacupuncture stimulation at sub-specific acupoint and non-acupoint induced distinct brain glucose metabolism change in migraineurs: a PET-CT study,” Journal of Translational Medicine, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 351, 2014.
- Dehua Li, Mingxiao Yang, Ling Zhao, Hui Zheng, Ying Li, Xiaorong Chang, Jin Cui, Ruihui Wang, Jing Shi, Junling Lv, Junyan Leng, Juan Li, and Fanrong Liang, “Acupuncture for chronic, stable angina pectoris and an investigation of the characteristics of acupoint specificity: study protocol for a multicenter randomized controlled trial,” Trials, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 50, 2014.
- Stephanie L Prady, Jane Burch, Laura Vanderbloemen, Simon Crouch, and Hugh MacPherson, “Measuring expectations of benefit from treatment in acupuncture trials: A systematic review,” Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 2015.