- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 108626, 11 pages
Anti-Inflammatory Activity Is a Possible Mechanism by Which the Polyherbal Formulation Comprised of Nigella sativa (Seeds), Hemidesmus indicus (Root), and Smilax glabra (Rhizome) Mediates Its Antihepatocarcinogenic Effects
1Department of Biochemistry and Clinical Chemistry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Kelaniya, Ragama, Sri Lanka
2Institute of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Biotechnology, University of Colombo, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka
3Department of Physiology, South Asian Institute of Technology and Medicine, Malabe, Sri Lanka
4Animal Research Centre, Medical Research Institute, Colombo 08, Sri Lanka
5Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, University of Colombo, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka
Received 17 July 2012; Revised 11 September 2012; Accepted 12 September 2012
Academic Editor: Cassandra L. Quave
Copyright © 2012 Prasanna B. Galhena et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Daozong Xia, Yongsheng Fan, Peihua Zhang, Yan Fu, Mengting Ju, and Xiaosa Zhang, “Protective Effects of the Flavonoid-Rich Fraction from Rhizomes of Smilax glabra Roxb. on Carbon Tetrachloride-Induced Hepatotoxicity in Rats,” The Journal of Membrane Biology, vol. 246, no. 6, pp. 479–485, 2013.
- Chuan-li Lu, Wei Zhu, Min Wang, Xiao-jie Xu, and Chuan-jian Lu, “ Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Phenolic-Enriched Extracts of Smilax glabra ,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Tiantian She, Like Qu, Lixin Wang, Xingxin Yang, Shuo Xu, Junnan Feng, Yujing Gao, Chuanke Zhao, Yong Han, Shaoqing Cai, and Chengchao Shou, “Sarsaparilla (Smilax Glabra Rhizome) Extract Inhibits Cancer Cell Growth by S Phase Arrest, Apoptosis, and Autophagy via Redox-Dependent ERK1/2 Pathwa,” Cancer Prevention Research, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 464–474, 2015.
- Chuan-li Lu, Wei Zhu, Dong-mei Wang, Wen-long Chen, Meng-mei Hu, Min Wang, Xiao-jie Xu, and Chuan-jian Lu, “ Inhibitory Effects of Chemical Compounds Isolated from the Rhizome of Smilax glabra on Nitric Oxide and Tumor Necrosis Factor- α Production in Lipopolysaccharide-Induced RAW264.7 Cell ,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–9, 2015.