- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 129152, 14 pages
Antioxidant, Antinociceptive, and Anti-Inflammatory Activities from Actinidia callosa var. callosa In Vitro and In Vivo
1School of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, China Medical University, Taichung 404, Taiwan
2Department of Health and Nutrition Biotechnology, Asia University, Taichung 413, Taiwan
3Department of Optometry, Jen-Teh Junior College of Medicine, Nursing and Management, Miaoli 356, Taiwan
4Graduate Institute of Pharmacognosy, Taipei Medical University, Taipei 250, Taiwan
5Department of Chinese Pharmaceutical Sciences and Chinese Medicine Resources, College of Pharmacy, China Medical University, Taichung 404, Taiwan
Received 14 August 2012; Accepted 1 October 2012
Academic Editor: Andrea Pieroni
Copyright © 2012 Jung-Chun Liao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. L. Wen, C. C. Chang, S. S. Huang et al., “Anti-inflammatory effects of methanol extract of Antrodia cinnamomea mycelia both in vitro and in vivo,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 137, no. 1, pp. 575–584, 2011.
- T. N. Chang, S. S. Huang, Y. S. Chang, et al., “Analgesic effects and the mechanisms of anti-inflammation of taraxeren-3-one from Diospyros maritima in mice,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 59, no. 17, pp. 9112–9119, 2011.
- J. S. Deng, C. S. Chi, S. S. Huang, P. H. Shie, T. H. Lin, and G. J. Huang, “Antioxidant, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory activities of the ethanolic extracts of Taxillus liquidambaricola,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 137, no. 3, pp. 1161–1171, 2011.
- G. J. Huang, M. V. Bhaskar Reddy, P. C. Kuo, et al., “A concise synthesis of viscolin, and its anti-inflammatory effects through the suppression of iNOS, COX-2, ERK phosphorylation and proinflammatory cytokines expressions,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 48, pp. 371–378, 2012.
- G. J. Huang, S. S. Huang, and J. S. Deng, “Anti-inflammatory activities of inotilone from Phellinus linteus through the inhibition of MMP-9, NF-κB, and MAPK activation in vitro and in vivo,” PLoS One, vol. 7, no. 5, Article ID e35922, 2012.
- S. L. Liu, J. S. Deng, C. S. Chiu, et al., “Involvement of heme oxygenase-1 participate in anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects of aqueous extract of Hibiscus taiwanensis,” Evidence Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 132859, 13 pages, 2012.
- S. Y. Park, Y. H. Kim, E. K. Kim, E. Y. Ryu, and S. J. Lee, “Heme oxygenase-1 signals are involved in preferential inhibition of pro-inflammatory cytokine release by surfactin in cells activated with Porphyromonas gingivalis lipopolysaccharide,” Chemico-Biological Interactions, vol. 188, no. 3, pp. 437–445, 2010.
- W. S. Gan, Pharmaceutical Botany, National Research Institute of Chinese Medicine, 1993.
- Y. K. Kim, H. J. Kang, K. T. Lee, J. G. Choi, and S. H. Chung, “Anti-inflammation activity of Actinidia polygama,” Archives of Pharmacal Research, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 1061–1066, 2003.
- H. S. Xu, Y. W. Wu, S. F. Xu, H. X. Sun, F. Y. Chen, and L. Yao, “Antitumor and immunomodulatory activity of polysaccharides from the roots of Actinidia eriantha,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 125, no. 2, pp. 310–317, 2009.
- S. S. Huang, G. J. Huang, Y. L. Ho et al., “Antioxidant and antiproliferative activities of the four Hydrocotyle species from Taiwan,” Botanical Studies, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 311–322, 2008.
- M. J. Sheu, J. S. Deng, M. H. Huang, C. H. Wu, S. S. Huang, and G. J. Huang, “Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory properties of Dichondra repens Forst. and its reference compounds,” Food Chemistry, vol. 132, pp. 1010–1018, 2012.
- J. L. Lamaison and A. Carnat, “Teneurs en principaux flavonoids des fleurs de Crataegeus monogyna Jacq et de Crataegeus laevigata (Poiret D. C) en fonction de la vegetation,” Pharmaceutica Acta Helvetiae, vol. 65, no. 11, pp. 315–320, 1990.
- C. A. Winter, E. A. Risley, and G. W. Nuss, “Carrageenin-induced edema in hind paw of the rat as an assay for antiiflammatory drugs,” Proceedings of the Society For Experimental Biology and Medicine, vol. 111, pp. 544–547, 1962.
- N. Ohishi, H. Ohkawa, and A. Miike, “A new assay method for lipid peroxides using a methylene blue derivative,” Biochemistry International, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 205–211, 1985.
- L. Flohe and F. Otting, “Superoxide dismutase assays,” Methods in Enzymology, vol. 105, pp. 93–104, 1984.
- D. Armstrong and R. Browne, “The analysis of free radicals, lipid peroxides, antioxidant enzymes and compounds related to oxidative stress as applied to the clinical chemistry laboratory,” Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, vol. 366, pp. 43–58, 1994.
- L. Flohe and W. A. Gunzler, “Assays of glutathione peroxidase,” Methods in Enzymology, vol. 105, pp. 114–121, 1984.
- G. J. Huang, S. S. Huang, C. S. Chiu et al., “Antinociceptive activities and the mechanisms of anti-inflammation of asiatic acid in mice,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2011, Article ID 895857, 10 pages, 2011.
- R. Koster, M. Anderson, and B. E. J. De, “Acetic acid for analgesic screening,” Federation Proceeding, vol. 18, pp. 412–416, 1959.
- R. Arslan, N. Bektas, and Y. Ozturk, “Antinociceptive activity of methanol extract of fruits of Capparis ovata in mice,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 131, no. 1, pp. 28–32, 2010.
- G. J. Huang, H. Y. Chang, M. J. Sheu et al., “Analgesic effects and the mechanisms of anti-inflammation of hispolon in mice,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2011, Article ID 478246, 8 pages, 2011.
- P. Pratheesh Kumar and G. Kuttan, “Vernonia cinerea L. scavenges free radicals and regulates nitric oxide and proinflammatory cytokines profile in carrageenan induced paw edema model,” Immunopharmacology and Immunotoxicology, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 94–102, 2009.
- C. T. Chang, S. S. Huang, S. S. Lin et al., “Anti-inflammatory activities of tormentic acid from suspension cells of Eriobotrya Japonica ex vivo and in vivo,” Food Chemistry, vol. 127, no. 3, pp. 1131–1137, 2011.
- D. Salvemini, Z. Q. Wang, D. M. Bourdon, M. K. Stern, M. G. Currie, and P. T. Manning, “Evidence of peroxynitrite involvement in the carrageenan-induced rat paw edema,” European Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 303, no. 3, pp. 217–220, 1996.
- J. C. Liao, J. S. Deng, C. S. Chiu, et al., “Anti-inflammatory activities of Cinnamomum cassia constituents in vitro and in vivo,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 429320, 12 pages, 2012.
- D. Willis, A. R. Moore, R. Frederick, and D. A. Willoughby, “Heme oxygenase: a novel target for the modulation of the inflammatory response,” Nature Medicine, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 87–90, 1996.
- G. J. Huang, C. H. Pan, T. S. Wu, and C. H. Wu, “Anti-inflammatory effects of ethanolic extract of Antrodia salmonea in the lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW246. 7 macrophages and the lambda-carrageenan-induced paw edema model,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 1485–1493, 2012.
- L. Bignotto, J. Rocha, B. Sepodes et al., “Anti-inflammatory effect of lycopene on carrageenan-induced paw oedema and hepatic ischaemia-reperfusion in the rat,” British Journal of Nutrition, vol. 102, no. 1, pp. 126–133, 2009.
- G. J. Huang, C. H. Pan, and C. H. Wu, “Sclareol exhibits antiinflammatory activity in both lipopolysaccharide-stimulated macrophages and the λ-carrageenan-induced paw edema model,” Journal of Natural Products, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 54–59, 2012.
- A. B. Lende, A. D. Kshirsagar, A. D. Deshpande et al., “Anti-inflammatory and analgesic activity of protocatechuic acid in rats and mice,” Inflammopharmacology, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 255–263, 2011.
- C. Guruvayoorappan and G. Kuttan, “(+)-Catechin inhibits tumour angiogenesis and regulates the production of nitric oxide and TNF-α in LPS-stimulated macrophages,” Innate Immunity, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 160–174, 2008.
- C. Y. Chao, M. C. Mong, K. C. Chan, and M. C. Yin, “Anti-glycative and anti-inflammatory effects of caffeic acid and ellagic acid in kidney of diabetic mice,” Molecular Nutrition and Food Research, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 388–395, 2010.