- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 129452, 11 pages
Understanding the Molecular Mechanism of Interventions in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients with Corresponding Traditional Chinese Medicine Patterns Based on Bioinformatics Approach
1Institute of Basic Research in Clinical Medicine, China Academy of Chinese Medical Science, Beijing 100700, China
2School of Life Science, Hubei University, Wuhan, Hubei 430062, China
3Institute of Clinical Medicine, China-Japan Hospital, Beijing 100029, China
4National Research Center of TCM, Jiangxi University of Chinese Medicine, Nanchang, Jiangxi 330006, China
5Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100094, China
6School of Chinese Medicine, Hong Kong Baptist University, 7 Baptist University Road, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Received 23 July 2012; Accepted 2 September 2012
Academic Editor: Zhaoxiang Bian
Copyright © 2012 Miao Jiang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. M. Eisenberg, R. B. Davis, S. L. Ettner et al., “Trends in alternative medicine use in the United States, 1990–1997: results of a follow-up national survey,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 280, no. 18, pp. 1569–1575, 1998.
- A. P. Lu, H. W. Jia, C. Xiao, and Q. P. Lu, “Theory of traditional chinese medicine and therapeutic method of diseases,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 10, no. 13, pp. 1854–1856, 2004.
- A. P. Lu and K. J. Chen, “Chinese medicine pattern diagnosis could lead to innovation in medical sciences,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 17, pp. 811–817, 2011.
- A. P. Lu and K. J. Chen, “Integrative medicine in clinical practice: from pattern differentiation in traditional Chinese medicine to disease treatment,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 15, no. 2, article 152, 2009.
- C. Lu, X. Niu, C. Xiao et al., “Network-based gene expression biomarkers for cold and heat patterns of rheumatoid arthritis in traditional chinese medicine,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, Article ID 203043, 17 pages, 2012.
- Y. He, A. Lu, Y. Zha et al., “Correlations between symptoms as assessed in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and ACR20 efficacy response: a comparison study in 396 patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with TCM or Western medicine,” Journal of Clinical Rheumatology, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 317–321, 2007.
- C. Gao, L. Biao, J. Miao, T. Yong, and L. Aiping, “Functional networks for Salvia miltiorrhiza and Panax notoginseng in combination explored with text mining and bioinformatical approach,” Journal of Medicinal Plants Research, vol. 5, pp. 4030–4040, 2011.
- G. Chen, C. Lu, Q. Zha et al., “A network-based analysis of traditional Chinese medicine cold and hot patterns in rheumatoid arthritis,” Complementary Therapies in Medicine, vol. 20, no. 1-2, pp. 23–30, 2012.
- Y. He, A. Lu, Y. Zha, and I. Tsang, “Differential effect on symptoms treated with traditional Chinese medicine and western combination therapy in RA patients,” Complementary Therapies in Medicine, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 206–211, 2008.
- D. T. Felson, J. J. Anderson, M. Boers et al., “American College of Rheumatology preliminary definition of improvement in rheumatoid arthritis,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 727–735, 1995.
- G. G. Zhang, W. L. Lee, L. Lao, B. Bausell, B. Berman, and B. Handwerger, “The variability of TCM pattern diagnosis and herbal prescription on rheumatoid arthritis patients,” Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 58–63, 2004.
- Y. C. Fang, H. C. Huang, H. H. Chen, and H. F. Juan, “TCMGeneDIT: a database for associated traditional Chinese medicine, gene and disease information using text mining,” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 8, article 58, 2008.
- D. Cheng, C. Knox, N. Young, P. Stothard, S. Damaraju, and D. S. Wishart, “PolySearch: a web-based text mining system for extracting relationships between human diseases, genes, mutations, drugs and metabolites,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 36, pp. W399–W405, 2008.
- P. Shannon, A. Markiel, O. Ozier et al., “Cytoscape: a software environment for integrated models of biomolecular interaction networks,” Genome Research, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 2498–2504, 2003.
- M. Li, J. E. Chen, J. X. Wang, B. Hu, and G. Chen, “Modifying the DPClus algorithm for identifying protein complexes based on new topological structures,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 9, article 398, 2008.
- S. Maere, K. Heymans, and M. Kuiper, “BiNGO: a cytoscape plugin to assess overrepresentation of gene ontology categories in biological networks,” Bioinformatics, vol. 21, no. 16, pp. 3448–3449, 2005.
- W. Y. Jiang, “Therapeutic wisdom in traditional Chinese medicine: a perspective from modern science,” Trends in Pharmacological Sciences, vol. 26, no. 11, pp. 558–563, 2005.
- C. Lu, Q. Zha, A. Chang, Y. He, and A. Lu, “Pattern differentiation in traditional chinese medicine can help define specific indications for biomedical therapy in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis,” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 1021–1025, 2009.
- H. Z. Ye, C. S. Zheng, X. J. Xu, M. X. Wu, and X. X. Liu, “Potential synergistic and multitarget effect of herbal pair Chuanxiong Rhizome-Paeonia Albifora Pall on osteoarthritis disease: a computational pharmacology approach,” Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine, vol. 17, pp. 698–703, 2011.
- S. Li, B. Zhang, and N. Zhang, “Network target for screening synergistic drug combinations with application to traditional Chinese medicine,” BMC Systems Biology, vol. 5, supplement, no. 1, article S10, 2011.
- C. Ma, Y. Yao, Q. X. Yue et al., “Differential proteomic analysis of platelets suggested possible signal cascades network in platelets treated with Salvianolic acid B,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 2, Article ID e14692, 2011.
- G. Wu, L. Zhu, J. E. Dent, and C. Nardini, “A comprehensive molecular interaction map for rheumatoid arthritis,” PLoS ONE, vol. 5, no. 4, Article ID e10137, 2010.
- S. Mathur and D. Dinakarpandian, “Drug repositioning using disease associated biological processes and network analysis of drug targets,” in Proceedings of the AMIA Annual Symposium, vol. 2011, pp. 305–311, 2011.
- J. M. Nagarah, “Neurons on a chip—toward high throughput network and pharmacology investigations,” Frontiers in Pharmacology, vol. 2, article 74, 2011.