- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 134512, 11 pages
Autophagy Inhibition Enhances Apoptosis Induced by Dioscin in Huh7 Cells
1School of Medical Laboratory and Biotechnology, Chung Shan Medical University, 110, Section 1, Chien-Kuo N. Road, Taichung 402, Taiwan
2Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, 110, Section 1, Chien-Kuo N. Road, Taichung 402, Taiwan
3Department of Medical Research, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, 110, Section 1, Chien-Kuo N. Road, Taichung 402, Taiwan
4Department of Biochemistry and Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Chung Shan Medical University, 110, Section 1, Chien-Kuo N. Road, Taichung 402, Taiwan
5Department of Internal Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, 110, Section 1, Chien-Kuo N. Road, Taichung 402, Taiwan
6Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, 110, Section 1, Chien-Kuo N. Road, Taichung 402, Taiwan
7Department of Clinical Laboratory, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, 110, Section 1, Chien-Kuo N. Road, Taichung 402, Taiwan
Received 9 August 2012; Accepted 2 October 2012
Academic Editor: William CS Cho
Copyright © 2012 Ming-Ju Hsieh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Eun-Ae Kim, Ji-Hoon Jang, Yun-Han Lee, Eon-Gi Sung, In-Hwan Song, Joo-Young Kim, Suji Kim, Ho-Yong Sohn, and Tae-Jin Lee, “Dioscin induces caspase-independent apoptosis through activation of apoptosis-inducing factor in breast cancer cells,” Apoptosis, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 1165–1175, 2014.
- Ming-Ju Hsieh, Chiao-Wen Lin, Shun-Fa Yang, Mu-Kuan Chen, and Hui-Ling Chiou, “Glabridin inhibits migration and invasion by transcriptional inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase 9 through modulation of NF-κB and AP-1 activity in human liver cancer cells,” British Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 171, no. 12, pp. 3037–3050, 2014.
- Hsiou-Yu Ding, Pei-Wen Lin, Hui-WenWang Hui-WenWang, and Te-Sheng Chang, “Methanol Partition Fraction of Ethanol Extract of Discorea nipponica Makino Inhibits Melanogenesis,” Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 719–726, 2014.
- Ming-Ju Hsieh, Chiao-Wen Lin, Shun-Fa Yang, Gwo-Tarng Sheu, Ya-Yen Yu, Mu-Kuan Chen, and Hui-Ling Chiou, “A Combination of Pterostilbene With Autophagy Inhibitors Exerts Efficient Apoptotic Characteristics in Both Chemosensitive and Chemoresistant Lung Cancer Cells,” Toxicological Sciences, vol. 137, no. 1, pp. 65–75, 2014.
- Chung-Po Ko, Chiao-Wen Lin, Mu-Kuan Chen, Shun-Fa Yang, Hui-Ling Chiou, and Ming-Ju Hsieh, “Pterostilbene induce autophagy on human oral cancer cells through modulation of Akt and mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway,” Oral Oncology, 2015.
- Qian Ding, Jiaolin Bao, Wenwen Zhao, Yangyang Hu, Jinjian Lu, and Xiuping Chen, “Natural autophagy regulators in cancer therapy: a review,” Phytochemistry Reviews, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 137–154, 2015.
- Ning Wang, and Yibin Feng, “Elaborating the Role of Natural Products-Induced Autophagy in Cancer Treatment: Achievements and Artifacts in the State of the Art,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–14, 2015.
- Lingling Si, Lingli Zheng, Lina Xu, Lianhong Yin, Xu Han, Yan Qi, Youwei Xu, Changyuan Wang, and Jinyong Peng, “Dioscin suppresses human laryngeal cancer cells growth via induction of cell-cycle arrest and MAPK-mediated mitochondrial-derived apoptosis and inhibition of tumor invasion,” European Journal of Pharmacology, 2016.
- Ming-Ju Hsieh, Mu-Kuan Chen, Chih-Jung Chen, Ming-Chang Hsieh, Yu-Sheng Lo, Yi-Ching Chuang, Hui-Ling Chiou, and Shun-Fa Yang, “Glabridin induces apoptosis and autophagy through JNK1/2 pathway in human hepatoma cells,” Phytomedicine, 2016.