- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 139045, 9 pages
Herbal Supplement Ameliorates Cardiac Hypertrophy in Rats with -Induced Liver Cirrhosis
1Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung 40402, Taiwan
2Department of Life Science, Tunghai University, Taichung 40704, Taiwan
3Emergency Department and Center of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Tungs’ Taichung MetroHarbor Hospital, Taichung 43503, Taiwan
4Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung 40201, Taiwan
5Department of Pathology, Changhua Christian Hospital, Changhua 50006, Taiwan
6Department of Nursing, MeiHo University, Pingtung 91202, Taiwan
7Division of Cardiology, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung 40402, Taiwan
8Graduate Institute of Chinese Medical Science, China Medical University, Taichung 40402, Taiwan
9Department of Healthcare Administration, Asia University, Taichung 41354, Taiwan
10Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Science, China Medical University, Taichung 40402, Taiwan
11Department of Biotechnology, Asia University, Taichung 41354, Taiwan
12Center for Molecular Medicine, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung 40402, Taiwan
13Graduate Institute of Cancer Biology, China Medical University, Taichung 40402, Taiwan
14Department of Health and Nutrition Biotechnology, Asia University, Taichung 41354, Taiwan
Received 31 May 2012; Revised 31 July 2012; Accepted 7 August 2012
Academic Editor: Y. Ohta
Copyright © 2012 Ping-Chun Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Nouf M. Al-Rasheed, Nawal M. Al-Rasheed, L.M. Faddah, Azza M. Mohamed, Raeesa A. Mohammad, and Maha Al-Amin, “Potential impact of silymarin in combination with chlorogenic acid and/or melatonin in combating cardiomyopathy induced by carbon tetrachloride,” Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences, 2013.
- Yung-Wei Chiu, Hung-Jen Lo, Hsin-Yu Huang, Pei-Yu Chao, Jin-Ming Hwang, Pei-Yun Huang, Shyh-Jer Huang, Jer-Yuh Liu, and Te-Jen Lai, “The antioxidant and cytoprotective activity of Ocimum gratissimum extracts against hydrogen peroxide-induced toxicity in human HepG2 cells,” Journal of Food and Drug Analysis, 2013.
- Yi-Chun Lin, Kuei-Mei Cheng, Hsin-Yu Huang, Pei-Yu Chao, Jin-Ming Hwang, Hsueh-Hui Lee, Cheng-You Lu, Yung-Wei Chiu, and Jer-Yuh Liu, “Hepatoprotective activity of Chhit-Chan-Than extract powder against carbon tetrachloride-induced liver injury in rats,” Journal of Food and Drug Analysis, 2013.
- Hsiao-Chuan Chang, Yung-Wei Chiu, Yueh-Min Lin, Ray-Jade Chen, James A. Lin, Fuu-Jen Tsai, Chang-Hai Tsai, Yu-Chun Kuo, Jer-Yuh Liu, and Chih-Yang Huan, “Herbal Supplement Attenuation of Cardiac Fibrosis in Rats with CCl4-Induced Liver Cirrhosis,” Chinese Journal of Physiology, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 41–47, 2014.
- Chien-Chung Lin, Pei-Yu Chao, Chia-Yao Shen, Jyuan-Jen Shu, Shiow-Kang Yen, Chih-Yang Huang, and Jer-Yuh Liu, “Novel Target Genes Responsive to Apoptotic Activity by Ocimum gratissimum in Human Osteosarcoma Cells,” American Journal of Chinese Medicine, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 743–767, 2014.