- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 147031, 10 pages
Bioassay-Guided Isolation and HPLC Determination of Bioactive Compound That Relate to the Antiplatelet Activity (Adhesion, Secretion, and Aggregation) from Solanum lycopersicum
1Immunology and Haematology Laboratory, Immunohaematology and Clinical Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Health Sciences, Universidad de Talca, 3460000 Talca, Chile
2Centro de Estudios en Alimentos Procesados (CEAP), CONICYT-Regional, Gore Maule, R09I2001 Talca, Chile
3Synthesis Laboratory, Chemical Institute of Natural Resources, Universidad de Talca, 3460000 Talca, Chile
4Horticulture Department, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Universidad de Talca, 3460000 Talca, Chile
Received 5 September 2012; Accepted 8 October 2012
Academic Editor: Adair Roberto Soares Santos
Copyright © 2012 Eduardo Fuentes et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Eduardo Fuentes, Oscar Forero-Doria, Gilda Carrasco, Adolfo Marican, Leonardo S. Santos, Marcelo Alarcon, and Ivan Palomo, “Effect of Tomato Industrial Processing on Phenolic Profile and Antiplatelet Activity,” Molecules, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 11526–11536, 2013.
- Eduardo Fuentes, Marcelo Alarcon, Luis Astudillo, Claudio Valenzuela, Margarita Gutierrez, and Ivan Palomo, “Protective Mechanisms of Guanosine from Solanum lycopersicum on Agonist-Induced Platelet Activation: Role of sCD40L,” Molecules, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 8120–8135, 2013.
- E. Fuentes, L. Badimon, J. Caballero, T. Padró, G. Vilahur, M. Alarcón, P. Pérez, and I. Palomo, “Protective mechanisms of adenosine 5’-monophosphate in platelet activation and thrombus formation,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 111, no. 3, pp. 491–507, 2013.
- Eduardo Fuentes, and Iván Palomo, “Antiplatelet effects of natural bioactive compounds by multiple targets: Food and drug interactions,” Journal of Functional Foods, 2013.
- Eduardo Fuentes, Francisco Fuentes, and Iván Palomo, “Mechanism of the anti-platelet effect of natural bioactive compounds: Role of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors activation,” Platelets, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Eduardo Fuentes, Reinhold Carle, Luis Astudillo, Luis Guzmán, Margarita Gutiérrez, Gilda Carrasco, and Iván Palomo, “Antioxidant and Antiplatelet Activities in Extracts from Green and Fully Ripe Tomato Fruits (Solanum lycopersicum) and Pomace from Industrial Tomato Processing,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Eduardo Fuentes, Jaime Pereira, Marcelo Alarcón, Claudio Valenzuela, Pablo Pérez, Luis Astudillo, and Iván Palomo, “Protective Mechanisms of S. lycopersicum Aqueous Fraction (Nucleosides and Flavonoids) on Platelet Activation and Thrombus Formation: In Vitro, Ex Vivo and In Vivo Studies,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- Eduardo Fuentes, Wilson Rodriguez-Perez, Luis Guzman, Marcelo Alarcon, Simon Navarrete, Oscar Forero-Doria, and Ivan Palomo, “Mauritia flexuosa Presents In Vitro and In Vivo Antiplatelet and Antithrombotic Activities,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2013.
- Eduardo Fuentes, and Iván Palomo, “Relationship between Platelet PPARs, cAMP Levels, and P-Selectin Expression: Antiplatelet Activity of Natural Products,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Juciano Gasparottoi, Nauana Somensi, Rafael Calixto Bortolin, Karla Suzana Moresco, Carolina Saibro Girardi, Karina Klafke, Thallita Kelly Rabelo, Maurilio Da Silva Morrone, Marcia Vizzotto, Maria do Carmo Bassols Raseira, Jose Claudio Fonseca Moreira, and Daniel Pens Gelain, “Effects of different products of peach (Prunus persica L. Batsch) from a variety developed in southern Brazil on oxidative stress and inflammatory parameters in vitro and ex vivo,” Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 110–119, 2014.
- Parveen Salahuddin, Gulam Rabbani, and Rizwan Hasan Khan, “The role of advanced glycation end products in various types of neurodegenerative disease: a therapeutic approach,” Cellular & Molecular Biology Letters, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 407–437, 2014.
- Pablo Perez, Marcelo Alarcon, Eduardo Fuentes, and Ivan Palomo, “Thrombus formation induced by laser in a mouse model,” Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 64–68, 2014.
- Marcelo Alarcón, Eduardo Fuentes, Natalia Olate, Simon Navarrete, Gilda Carrasco, and Iván Palomo, “Strawberry extract presents antiplatelet activity by inhibition of inflammatory mediator of atherosclerosis (sP-selectin, sCD40L, RANTES, and IL-1β) and thrombus formation,” Platelets, pp. 1–6, 2014.
- Eduardo Fuentes, Marcelo Alarcón, Manuel Fuentes, Gilda Carrasco, and Iván Palomo, “A Novel Role of Eruca sativa Mill. (Rocket) Extract: Antiplatelet (NF-κB Inhibition) and Antithrombotic Activities,” Nutrients, vol. 6, no. 12, pp. 5839–5852, 2014.
- Eduardo Fuentes, Jaime Pereira, Diego Mezzano, Marcelo Alarcon, Julio Caballero, and Ivan Palomo, “Inhibition of Platelet Activation and Thrombus Formation by Adenosine and Inosine: Studies on Their Relative Contribution and Molecular Modeling,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 11, 2014.