- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 161527, 7 pages
Two Different Isomers of Vitamin E Prevent Bone Loss in Postmenopausal Osteoporosis Rat Model
1Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2Department of Clinical Oral Biology, Faculty of Dentistry, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Received 13 July 2012; Accepted 15 September 2012
Academic Editor: Srijit Das
Copyright © 2012 Norliza Muhammad et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Urszula T. Iwaniec, Russell T. Turner, Brenda J. Smith, Barbara J. Stoecker, Allison Rust, Bo Zhang, Vihas T. Vasu, Kishorchandra Gohil, Carroll E. Cross, and Maret G. Traber, “Evaluation of Long-term Vitamin E Insufficiency or Excess on Bone Mass, Density and Microarchitecture in Rodents,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 2013.
- Yanping Wang, Ming Yan, Yan Yu, Jintao Wu, Jinhua Yu, and Zhipeng Fan, “Estrogen deficiency inhibits the odonto/osteogenic differentiation of dental pulp stem cells via activation of the NF-kappa B pathway,” Cell And Tissue Research, vol. 352, no. 3, pp. 551–559, 2013.
- Ebru Orsal, Zekai Halici, Yasin Bayir, Elif Cadirci, Habib Bilen, Irmak Ferah, Ali Aydin, Seckin Ozkanlar, Arif Kursad Ayan, Bedri Seven, and Seda Ozaltin, “The role of carnitine on ovariectomy and inflammation-induced osteoporosis in rats,” Experimental Biology and Medicine, vol. 238, no. 12, pp. 1406–1412, 2013.
- Ilona Kaczmarczyk-Sedlak, Weronika Wojnar, Maria Zych, Ewa Ozimina-Kaminska, Joanna Taranowicz, and Agata Siwek, “Effect of Formononetin on Mechanical Properties and Chemical Composition of Bones in Rats with Ovariectomy-Induced Osteoporosis,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Jing Jye Lim, Wan Zurinah Wan Ngah, Vincent Mouly, and Norwahidah Abdul Karim, “Reversal of Myoblast Aging by Tocotrienol Rich Fraction Posttreatment,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2013, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Onur Guralp, “Effects of Vitamin E on Bone Remodeling in Perimenopausal Women: Mini Review,” Maturitas, 2014.
- Kok-Yong Chin, and Soelaiman Ima-Nirwana, “The Effects of α-Tocopherol on Bone: A Double-Edged Sword?,” Nutrients, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 1424–1441, 2014.
- Saif Abdul-Majeed, Norazlina Mohamed, and Ima-Nirwana Soelaiman, “The Use of Delta-Tocotrienol and Lovastatin for Anti-Osteoporotic Therapy,” Life Sciences, 2014.
- Kok-Yong Chin, Saif Abdul-Majeed, Nur Farhana Mohd. Fozi, and Soelaiman Ima-Nirwana, “Annatto Tocotrienol Improves Indices of Bone Static Histomorphometry in Osteoporosis Due to Testosterone Deficiency in Rats,” Nutrients, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 4974–4983, 2014.
- Kok-Yong Chin, and Soelaiman Ima-Nirwana, “Eeffects of annatto-derived tocotrienol supplementation on osteoporosis induced by testosterone deficiency in rats,” Clinical Interventions in Aging, vol. 9, pp. 1247–1259, 2014.
- Kok-Yong Chin, and Soelaiman Ima-Nirwana, “The biological effects of tocotrienol on bone: a review on evidence from rodent models,” Drug Design Development And Therapy, vol. 9, pp. 2049–2060, 2015.
- Anna Kiyomi, Masujiro Makita, Takuji Iwase, Sachiko Tanaka, Kenji Onda, Kentaro Sugiyama, Hironori Takeuchi, and Toshihiko Hirano, “Clinical Significance of Female-hormones and Cytokines in Breast Cancer Patients Complicated with Aromatase Inhibitor-related Osteoarthropathy - Effic,” Journal Of Cancer, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 367–376, 2015.