- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 165410, 7 pages
Effects of Yoga on Mental and Physical Health: A Short Summary of Reviews
1Department Quality of Life, Spirituality and Coping, Center of Integrative Medicine, Faculty of Health, Witten/Herdecke University, 58313 Herdecke, Germany
2Department of Internal and Complementary Medicine, Immanuel Hospital Berlin and Institute of Social Medicine, Epidemiology & Health Economics, Charité-University Medical Center, 14109 Berlin, Germany
3Division of Sleep Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
4Director of Research, Patanjali Research Foundation, Haridwar 249405, India
5Group Health Research Institute, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Received 4 May 2012; Revised 4 July 2012; Accepted 18 July 2012
Academic Editor: Vernon A. Barnes
Copyright © 2012 Arndt Büssing et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jane Hart, “Yoga as an adjunctive therapy in the clinical setting,” Alternative and Complementary Therapies, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 89–93, 2013.
- Karen J. Sherman, Robert D. Wellman, Andrea J. Cook, Daniel C. Cherkin, and Rachel M. Ceballos, “Mediators of Yoga and Stretching for Chronic Low Back Pain,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Michael J. Mackenzie, Linda E. Carlson, Panteleimon Ekkekakis, David M. Paskevich, and S. Nicole Culos-Reed, “Affect and Mindfulness as Predictors of Change in Mood Disturbance, Stress Symptoms, and Quality of Life in a Community-Based Yoga Program for Cancer Survivors,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- Marshall Hagins, Sara C. Haden, and Leslie A. Daly, “A Randomized Controlled Trial on the Effects of Yoga on Stress Reactivity in 6th Grade Students,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Marshall Hagins, Rebecca States, Terry Selfe, and Kim Innes, “Effectiveness of Yoga for Hypertension: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- Marcy C. McCall, Alison Ward, Nia W. Roberts, and Carl Heneghan, “Overview of Systematic Reviews: Yoga as a Therapeutic Intervention for Adults with Acute and Chronic Health Conditions,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–18, 2013.
- Patricia A. Kinser, and Debra E. Lyon, “A conceptual framework of stress vulnerability, depression, and health outcomes in women: potential uses in research on complementary therapies for depression,” Brain and Behavior, 2014.
- Sarah M. Corey, Elissa Epel, Michael Schembri, Sarah B. Pawlowsky, Roger J. Cole, Maria Rosario G. Araneta, Elizabeth Barrett-Connor, and Alka M. Kanaya, “Effect of restorative yoga vs. stretching on diurnal cortisol dynamics and psychosocial outcomes in individuals with the metabolic syndrome: The PRYSMS randomized controlled trial,” Psychoneuroendocrinology, 2014.
- Guillermo Torres-Casadó, Miguel Villamón, Máxima Bolaños-Pizarro, and Rafael Aleixandre-Benavent, “Impacto científico en los artículos sobre aplicaciones terapéuticas de las prácticas orientales cuerpo-mente (2006-2010),” Revista española de Documentación Científica, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. e042, 2014.
- Julienne E. Bower, Gail Greendale, Alexandra D. Crosswell, Deborah Garet, Beth Sternlieb, Patricia A. Ganz, Michael R. Irwin, Richard Olmstead, Jesusa Arevalo, and Steve W. Cole, “Yoga reduces inflammatory signaling in fatigued breast cancer survivors: A randomized controlled trial,” Psychoneuroendocrinology, 2014.
- Paul Posadzki, Jiae Choi, Myeong Soo Lee, and Edzard Ernst, “Yoga for addictions: a systematic review of randomised clinical trials,” Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Marshall Hagins, Andrew Rundle, Nathan S. Consedine, and Sat Bir S. Khalsa, “A Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing the Effects of Yoga With an Active Control on Ambulatory Blood Pressure in Individuals With Prehypertension and Stage 1 Hypertension,” The Journal of Clinical Hypertension, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 54–62, 2014.
- Agneta Anderzen-Carlsson, Ulla Persson Lundholm, Monica Kohn, and Elisabeth Westerdahl, “Medical yoga: Another way of being in the world-A phenomenological study from the perspective of persons suffering from stress-related symptoms,” International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-Being, vol. 9, 2014.